Ics 300?

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
My EMT instructor told me he would help me find some opening positions available around my city.

He told me in order for me to do that I would have to get a couple of things.

Ambulance license cert
ICS 100,200,300,800
and make a resume.

I waited a bit because I didnt have the money for the ambulance cert I needed to get my background done, doctors, and DMV fees. I started on the ICS only to find out the ICS 300 course is only done in class session?

Anyone else done ICS here?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The normal ones are 100, 200, 700, and 800. Those were the 4 I had to complete and they are all online no classroom.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Yea i have done a lot, even classroom training in Alabama, but 300 was never required.

Jenniejen

Forum Ride Along
I just had to do 100, 200, and 700..all online. God help you if you really do have to sit in a classroom for that course, I found them all to be quite tedious! :) Also, you can look on the FEMA website, they should have all courses listed.

OP
OP
Always BSI

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks for the answers, hmm maybe I heard him wrong. I did remember him saying 100,200,700,800 idk where 300 was coming from I was stressing myself out last night.

Also another quick question do you guys having any tips on a resume?

Thanks again :)

OP
OP
Always BSI

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
-.- nvm I found the search bar.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Tips on resume

Keep busy (no period of time with NO activity, be out there taking a class or doing volunteer work , and don't lie about it), keep it real, keep it current. And know most people who ask for resume's don't really want them, always insist upon getting and completing an application.

Anjel

Forum Angel

StickySideDown

Forum Crew Member
ICS 700, and 800 are common certifications for people.

ICS 100 is the NIMS cert for lower ranking members of place. The firefighters and EMT's.

ICS 200 you can't think of as a step up from ICS 100, this is a good class for you to take.

ICS 300 is usually required at departments for those who want to hold ranking positions. Lieutenants and Captains.

ICS 400 is usually the level required to be a Chief at most places.

As just an EMT, Firefighter, or Firefighter/EMT you should be ok with 100, 200, 300, 400.

300 and 400 are classes for those who will be holding the positions of each of the spots in an emergency scene. Which will be your Captains and Chiefs. THis is why they are classroom only classes, and are not available online.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Always BSI

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks everyone :)

Ive been looking for a job as an EMT sooner or later something will come. Maybe its because I'm in California. lol :glare:

JCyrus

Forum Crew Member
Most agencies I've seen only require 100, 200, 700 and 800, or some combination thereof for "rank and file" first responders. As has been previously stated 300 and 400 tend to be more geared towards those in leadership positions within the agency.

If you haven't done the first four yet, I'd get started. A lot of it is common sense if you think about it, you just have to find the time to go through the e-learning modules for them. If you look at FEMA's independent study website there are also a lot of other "interesting" courses you can work your way through, whether or not they'll be useful is always up in the air, but at the very least they show a dedication toward continuing your education.

OP
OP
Always BSI

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
Yea I did my 100 and 200 I printed my certifications for those. I got a bit confused on the 300 part now it makes sense. I just need to finish 700 and 800. I also saw some other online courses on the website that I'm going to do when I have time.

OP
OP
Always BSI

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
Finished with 700 and 800 it took a while but I have my certificate :D.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
100, 200, 700 and 800 are available online.

Personally, i think 100 is a waste of time, and 200 is more fun in a classroom setting with more people.

300 is only available in classroom settings; and quite honestly, you need the classroom interaction. it makes for a better class.

400 is only available in classroom, and unless you are looking to be a chief officer, don't bother taking it. it doesn't really help, but many places are requiring it for chief level people.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
ICS 700, and 800 are common certifications for people.

ICS 100 is the NIMS cert for lower ranking members of place. The firefighters and EMT's.

ICS 200 you can't think of as a step up from ICS 100, this is a good class for you to take.

ICS 300 is usually required at departments for those who want to hold ranking positions. Lieutenants and Captains.

ICS 400 is usually the level required to be a Chief at most places.

As just an EMT, Firefighter, or Firefighter/EMT you should be ok with 100, 200, 300, 400.

300 and 400 are classes for those who will be holding the positions of each of the spots in an emergency scene. Which will be your Captains and Chiefs. THis is why they are classroom only classes, and are not available online.

Hope this helps.

You do realize that you completely contradicted yourself, right? :wacko:

I have 100, 200, 700. No 800 and you wont catch me taking it unless my employer requires it. Those classes made me want to pull my teeth out.

OP
OP
Always BSI

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
The classes aren't THAT bad. They take time yes, but with a little dedication you will get them.

I already completed my ICS 100,200,700,800 and printed my certificates. I went back to my instructor and hes working on getting me a Interview with AMR since he has connections while I work on my tough book skills and thomas guide.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief