How old are you?

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
and give 1 piece of advice you would give to an EMT going into his first EMS job.

:usa:

FireHawk918

Forum Crew Member
21 and my best advice is to talk to your fellow EMT's. If you feel you can't talk to them then have a positive outlet for your stress and a way to get away from it all.

Steveb

Forum Lieutenant
15 and since I've only been with my service for a little under a year I don't really have any advice........heck I need the advice.

RSKS

Forum Ride Along
27, and I'm a new EMT with my first job starting this month. I got nothing. I need advice :)

Thriceknight

Forum Crew Member
29...been a basic for two years so by no means am I an expert. However this is my advise....Always be willing to learn. Whether you've heard it before or not always be willing to listen both to your co-workers and bosses and more importantly...your patients. Reread anything you're not familiar with or have forgotten. And don't try to be a hero. This job is about teamwork. You succeed as a team. You fail as a team.

Good luck.

Thriceknight

Forum Crew Member
*advice

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

As a new EMT learn a lot more then you were taugh in school. Learn why you do things and not just "well I was to do this".

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member

Breathe ..... The adrenalin rush you get going to calls/ on calls will eventually wear off. It is normal to be scared/ nervous/ anxious when you are new. It is normal to feel you are not ready or properly educated(because you aren't but that is a topic for another thread and not your fault). With time and experience you will build confidence and wonder why you were so nervous in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
23. You dont want my advice.

Pavehawk

Forum Lieutenant
57, and still learning after 40 years... I reccomend you never stop learning also... oh and beer!

281mustang

Forum Lieutenant
I'll be 23 tomorrow.

When you feel overwhelmed, don't over analyze things and go back to the basics.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

Always be kind.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Much older than I look I am told.

It is my reward for all the stuggles, because it sure as hell hasn't been the money.