Holy Mother of god... found the perfect jump kit for the whackers

HasTy

Forum Lieutenant
I wasn't aware that there were people out there that took this zombie stuff that seriously, I had to look the term up but "PAW scenario" is "Post apocalyptic world scenario". Yeash.
I must be a dunce but I was reading it as Prisoner of War Scenario now what I am trying to figure out what a BoB is...

I assumed that was a military guy's pack... then I realized what forum I was on.
San Diego...I have now tried to kill your avatar 4 times on one page of this thread....
Post of the thread right there!!!!

I'm thinking the DEA may want to have a chat with this guy and the docs that "legally prescribed" him some of those meds.
Completely agree ffemt8978....there are definitely somethings to consider there...
Now stop to consider that the original post in that thread was in 2008, which means that some of that stuff has expired and needs to be replaced.
and once again +1 for that I had not even thought about that part....

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Dudes gonna kill someone. Thats ridiculous.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I have a problem with this. Can we change this to either a 50 cal or Shotgun with slugs, .44 mag. something done those lines i would like a lot better than a 9 mm.

After a guy get shot 36 times by 9 mm rounds, i decided right than and there NEVER will i own a 9 mm.

If someone can't provide a proper coup de grâce with anything larger than a 22, I don't want you providing it at all. Heck, even with a 22 you should be able to inflict enough damage fast enough to put someone out of their misery.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I must be a dunce but I was reading it as Prisoner of War Scenario now what I am trying to figure out what a BoB is...

"Bug out bag." Basically a supply kit that you can grab quickly as you're running out the door. In reality, anyone in an area prone to surprise disasters (e.g. earthquakes, tornadoes, etc) should have a basic supply kit that's easily accessible that they can pick up as they're evacuating their house.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
If someone can't provide a proper coup de grâce with anything larger than a 22, I don't want you providing it at all. Heck, even with a 22 you should be able to inflict enough damage fast enough to put someone out of their misery.

Well I figured they would be able too, but guess you cant always trust your local SWAT Team and Police force. Yes this guy was shot by the SWAT team

JPINFV

Gadfly
Well I figured they would be able too, but guess you cant always trust your local SWAT Team and Police force. Yes this guy was shot by the SWAT team

The SWAT team and police force have no business issuing a coup de grace outside of an execution by firing squad. However if I'm bitten during the Zombie Apocalypse, feel free to end me, or give me the means of ending myself.

HasTy

Forum Lieutenant
"Bug out bag." Basically a supply kit that you can grab quickly as you're running out the door. In reality, anyone in an area prone to surprise disasters (e.g. earthquakes, tornadoes, etc) should have a basic supply kit that's easily accessible that they can pick up as they're evacuating their house.

I have one of those just never called it a Bug out Bag or a BoB I have always called it my Oh :censored::censored::censored::censored: bag

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I have a loose collection of items that I refer to as my "get the hell outta dodge" kit.... actually it's mostly just the stuff that's accumulated in my trunk after 3 years of SAR.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Actually, our dispatch center has very formal "Bug Out" procedures and official "Bug Out Bags." I know most centers probably have evacuation procedures but ours are very detailed and planned ever since we had a tornado in spitting distance that destroyed some businesses half a mile or less from our center.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I have a loose collection of items that I refer to as my "get the hell outta dodge" kit.... actually it's mostly just the stuff that's accumulated in my trunk after 3 years of SAR.

That works! Lol. The way I look at it is this, in most cases, if you are in a large scale disaster, and all you have time to grab is a single bag, things have already gone to heck and in all probability, you won't make it anyhow. So I'm like Lucid there. I have a loose collection of stuff I can get together in like 10 minutes that will keep me alive and fairly comfortable waaaaaay longer than the standard 72 hour bag.

Ok, end thread hijack. :)

emt_irl

Forum Captain
wow thats just scary, besides the whole thinking zombies are real and they will kill us thing, a random joe whacker has built up this collection and has zero training beyond first aid amazes me....

Cameron

Forum Crew Member
He plays too much Nazi Zombie on Call Of Duty, that must be why he has this!
* Runs over to his downed partner while playing online, Presses and holds X to revive him * :p

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
He plays too much Nazi Zombie on Call Of Duty, that must be why he has this!
* Runs over to his downed partner while playing online, Presses and holds X to revive him * :p

Is it sad that the zombies in COD scare me :p

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
Am I the only one thinking that he missed a very important part of his kit! Where is the pocket AED??? But he did say he plans on getting it.

If you look at their other thread, they now have a D cylinder, AED, and pulse-ox too.

TraprMike

Forum Lieutenant
anybody think to ask him to sign up here and explain this to us?? tht would be a good time.

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
anybody think to ask him to sign up here and explain this to us?? tht would be a good time.

It seems as though he explained his purpose well enough in his post, even if we don't seem to agree with it. It's laid right out.

jnathan

Forum Ride Along
Hi there EMT Life users,

I'm affiliated with Zombie Squad (ZS) as more than just a user and therefore thought I would take a second to respond to this thread.

As already mentioned, the ZS forum thread that started this thread on EMT Life is 2 years old. Also, the ZS forum post has been taken apart ad-nauseum and the original poster been given many, many pieces of advice.

Our forum is populated by individuals interested in preparedness. Some of these individuals believe survivalism and preparedness to be the same thing, others don't. And, while the forum uses a Zombies as a metaphor for preparedness (i.e. if you're prepared for zombies, you're prepared for anything), most users realize that the Zombies are just that, a metaphor.

What may have been lost in all the discussion both on this forum and over on the ZS forum is that there may be situations where EMS is unavailable. Clearly having supplies on-hand (appropriate to your level of training) is important. Just as having some stored water, food, flashlights and radios is important.

Like all forums, we've got our bright shining examples of great content and our fair share of not-so-great content. Either way, we value the opinion of our users and encourage discussion.

The ZS Forums could certainly benefit from a larger population of EMS professionals and I encourage those of you with even a remote interest in preparedness to visit our forums. Also, I encourage you to treat us with the same respect we'd treat you... to read before posting so as to get a sense of what we're all about.

I'm sure we can learn from each other.

-Jeff