high paying paramedic jobs

terrible one

Always wandering
Pretty much

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Hahaha....high paying paramedic job...hahahaha.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
There is plenty of them if you can relocate.

Yep. There are fantastic, single role paramedic jobs out there. You just have to know where they are and you probably have to relocate.

I still say Sussex, for the shift schedule and the pay/benefits, coupled with the scope and unique deployment makes for one of the best jobs out there.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
...but it's Delaware lol.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
It's really a decent place, especially if you decide to live on the beach side. Lots more to do.

However, it's most decidedly NOT a cultural Mecca. (One of the guys there couldn't wait to take me to Moes.) And the old boy network gets old quick. It's rather provincial.

If you aspire to senior level management, it's probably not a great choice, but if you wish to move up to midlevel position and make more than a comfortable living, in a tax free state, you won't do much better than SCEMS.

phideux

Forum Captain
In my corner of the country here Private Transport paid better than 911 whether it was fire based or stand alone EMS, and working in the ER Trauma Center paid better than Transport. The Helicopter Pays a little better than the ER. But you ain't gonna get rich working any of them.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Come on...DE was not that bad.....I spent 2 years of my life in Dover. :)

<----- CR Grad.

Pond Life

Forum Crew Member
In the UK a paramedic practitioner working in Doctor Out-of-Hours Services gets about £104,000 ($164,000) a year excluding enhanced pay for bank holidays. Thats for 4 x 12 hour shifts per week.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Check www.usajobs.gov
I work 48 hours straight, off 5 days straight (If I trade shifts, I can work Sunday Monday the 1st week, and friday saturday the 2nd week and have 10 days off).
Full insurance (medical, Dental and vision, life); 4.8hours a pay period (2 weeks) of sick leave, 7.2hours of annual leave. no cap on sick leave, Annual leave caps at 288 hours at the end of the pay year before you use or lose it. I have over 700 hours total right now (15 weeks of leave total)

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
To be fair, most fire agencies do 85% medical, doesn't make many of them any less hose-monkeyish.
The point was you are doing far more medical, so if you can tolerate just a little bit of hose monkey crap for 3 years, you can switch away from Fire.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Summit

Critical Crazy
In the UK a paramedic practitioner working in Doctor Out-of-Hours Services gets about £104,000 ($164,000) a year excluding enhanced pay for bank holidays. Thats for 4 x 12 hour shifts per week.
What is the after tax on £104,000?
What are the educational requirements for a paramedic practicioner?
Doctors Out of Hours Services = all nights and weekends?

Pond Life

Forum Crew Member
£104K before tax. Tax can account for up to 40% but if you have half a brain you ensure you're self employed and offset everything against tax. That normally reduces tax bill to less that £10,000 a year. Last year mine was below £3K.
Educational requirements - minimum of BSc Emergency Care or equivalent. It is becoming more common that the practitioner also sits the RCGP exam
Yes mainly nights and weekends. Occasional bank holidays

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Emergency Medical Technician - $50-55,000
Paramedic $60-65,000
Intensive Care Paramedic $70-75,000