HALL AMBULANCE

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

NerdFrankie

Forum Ride Along
Quick question about hall, when ever they hire emts to they have plenty of job openings or is it usually one position available. And I’m new to the site.

SBCOcowboyEMT

Forum Probie
Im sure its been answered before but how hard is it to get a 24 or 48 hour shift? Do they still offer pay and seniority for ems experience? Whats starting pay for emt and medic?

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Im sure its been answered before but how hard is it to get a 24 or 48 hour shift? Do they still offer pay and seniority for ems experience? Whats starting pay for emt and medic?
Right now, who knows. Most 24 and 48 H units are getting run for in Bakersfield for a large porting of their shifts, so some people are jumping off in favor of 12H shifts with guaranteed sleep at home. Hopefully it turns back around soon.

They do offer experience pay, but not along any kind of official scale, it's kinda what every they feel like, but right now they need medics so... Quid Pro Quo...

Starting pay is posted on their website.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
@NPO copy that . Thank you for the quick reply and info. Much appreciated.
It's a great place to work, but they've recently been hit hard by medic shortages and rise in call volume, so it's got people working harder than normal. I encourage you to apply if you think you're interested. You will gain a lot of experience there. I recently left and at my new company my FTOs and managers say I show the experience that their medics with several years show, but I've only been a medic for one year, and I credit Hall. You work hard, but you learn a lot.

SBCOcowboyEMT

Forum Probie
@NPO I understand that one , ive always wanted to go work for Hall . I worked for Amr in La for 4 years , and ive been at Amr in San Bernardino for 5 years now. I like the kern protocols and the vibe i get from everyone . Im thinking about bitting the bullet and just coming out to hall if I dont move out of state.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Wanna play with ketamine, blood and all kinds of cool stuff?

In all fairness, Hall is pretty great by most national standards and wouldn't suck to work for.

Reactions: NPO

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Wanna play with ketamine, blood and all kinds of cool stuff?

In all fairness, Hall is pretty great by most national standards and wouldn't suck to work for.
The things I have in my scope now that I didn't have there are mostly things you'll use rarely...

That said on my first call here I converted AFIB RVR with Cardizem, and have given ketamime twice in my first two weeks, one for pain refractory to narcotics and the other for disassociation. So I am glad to have these new tools.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
The things I have in my scope now that I didn't have there are mostly things you'll use rarely...

That said on my first call here I converted AFIB RVR with Cardizem, and have given ketamime twice in my first two weeks, one for pain refractory to narcotics and the other for disassociation. So I am glad to have these new tools.

Yeah, it's nice having options for some of those patients that you can't help much with Generic Medicine.

Reactions: NPO
@LACOcowboyEMT, I worked for Hall Ambulance for over two and a half years after relocating from San Diego. I would definitely recommend the company and the Kern County system. As a former coworker of @VentMonkey and @NPO, I can vouch for their testimony.

Last edited:

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
any chance they open to hiring part time? i remember there was a sliver of time a while back they accepted straight pt employment

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
They don’t hire part time... I know I interviewed with surface and only offered me full time in metro as a medic... so I just ended up going to one of the other ambulance companies in Kern as a per diem.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
@ProbieMedic the only way to know is to ask them directly. Both of the above posts are incorrect saying that they don’t.They do, but it really isn’t typical.

John Surface’s email is on their website, try asking him directly. He may or may not respond, but he does appreciate a good, articulate email. He’s the VP and makes those decisions directly, so while chances are slim, they’re not impossible.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
@ProbieMedic the only way to know is to ask them directly. Both of the above posts are incorrect saying that they don’t.They do, but it really isn’t typical.

John Surface’s email is on their website, try asking him directly. He may or may not respond, but he does appreciate a good, articulate email. He’s the VP and makes those decisions directly, so while chances are slim, they’re not impossible.
I stand corrected. I'm sorry monkey