Good Bye Bowers

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Just got wind that Bowers is shutting down in September. Los Angeles Citys oldest ambulance provider. AMR has yet to tell employees the reason.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Jdog

Forum Crew Member
Does this mean Pacific Ambulance is shutting down as well?

OP
OP
gonefishing

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Dunno, from what I heard they will turn into doctors/amr

mnm

Forum Ride Along
Is this for real? I have a friend who just got hired there and they keep talking about how they will merge with AMR soon.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
If they are running type 3s, we will most likely be getting their ambulances...

OP
OP
gonefishing

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
You got:
AMR if they take you guys.
Hall
American
Schaefer
Mccormick
Care
Than all dialysis companys. Your former resident family that was in control the Scarboroughs are both at Liberty and PRN. How much longer until PRN faces the same fate?

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
You got:
Hall
American
Schaefer
Mccormick
Care
Than all dialysis companys. Your former resident family that was in control the Scarboroughs are both at Liberty and PRN. How much longer until PRN faces the same fate?

AMR lets to reapply w/ no promises --> they'll end up taking the most experienced ones and lay off the rest. I'll really miss the company :(

And the word on the wire is that there's something similar going on in PRN as well.

irescueu

Forum Ride Along
You got:
Hall
American
Schaefer
Mccormick
Care

Once again you have your info wrong, Fish. Scumborough isn't at Liberty. He went to PRN in May of 2015 and took his minion Sam Lewis with him. Neither one have anything to do with Liberty any more. Good luck at PRN. They just voted in a union and the PT-1 management couldn't be happier. From what's being heard, the employees are realizing they screwed themselves because their field staff can't agree on a contract before its even presented to PT-1.

Liberty doesn't run dialysis hardly at all. They have a Kaiser contract and between that and the providence hospitals, they leave the dialysis alone. But if you're dying to run illegal dialysis calls all day, try GCTI/Phoenix/MedCoast. The FBI raided GCTI a few years ago, so the owner stuck the company under his wife's name and now they 'merged' with MedCoast, trying to get a clean name and image.. Right.... Lotsa' luck there, bub. Hope you like explaining yourself to the feds...

OP
OP
gonefishing

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Isn't his son at Liberty? I thought he was the communication supervisor.

octobans

Forum Ride Along
it's an odd feeling... almost 80 years of legacy... oldest ambulance company in Los Angeles will be gone forever.

I am a Bowers EMT, I will be the last. I don't know what to think of it.

I joined bowers due to it's heritage. we have lots of good people here, hard working people with families, that won't have jobs come Sep. 23.

I hope everyone can find jobs right away and continue living out their lives.as usual as quickly as possible.

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
He's a commander there!

you can't lead ppl on like that its like foreplay and no action. last I heard he is the fleet manager now and staff prefers that because he doesn't dispatch them anymore and less interaction with him. also, the employee I spoke to said he did in fact change his title from fleet manager to "fleet commander."