Good Bye Bowers

OP
OP
gonefishing

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
you can't lead ppl on like that its like foreplay and no action. last I heard he is the fleet manager now and staff prefers that because he doesn't dispatch them anymore and less interaction with him. also, the employee I spoke to said he did in fact change his title from fleet manager to "fleet commander."
Did he load up his uniform with chevrons and other medallions? [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
st.fleetcaptains.01.big.jpg

Now I'm sure Liberty's motor pool looks like this.

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
does anyone know what the pay was for paramedics at bowers?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
AMR in riverside county is desperate for medics. $10,000 sign on bonus with a 2 year contract

OP
OP
gonefishing

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
AMR in riverside county is desperate for medics. $10,000 sign on bonus with a 2 year contract
Alot of the medics im talking to didn't get offered anything. Everyones being thrown to the curb. Bowers management got saved.

TKx

Forum Ride Along
I wonder if this is related to the unionization process. Also wonder what will happen to the Bowers chunk of the Kaiser contract. Unless the contract was lost, then it makes sense that AMR is shutting down Bowers.

OP
OP
gonefishing

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I wonder if this is related to the unionization process. Also wonder what will happen to the Bowers chunk of the Kaiser contract. Unless the contract was lost, then it makes sense that AMR is shutting down Bowers.
It was lost all to PRN.

Gordoemt

Forum Lieutenant
Amr is all.about being profitable. Rural metro had some bad areas including Bowers. The old owners of Bowers supposedly hyped up the company to rural metro. Now that Bowers lost the contract they are no longer profitable.

Bowers and rural metro has not been integrated to the level like gold coast is with amr. That is why they cannot transfer. I urge every Bowers employee to apply at amr. We need people and have spots open and I'm told by ops they will give preference to Bowers employees.

Think about it this way. If Bowers is paying $21 to medics, and makes $200 a call for an als, with all the permits that isn't being profitable. All other divisions in Los Angeles County need ambulances and I'm sure they will be absorbed.

Remember Santa Clarita division opened up a Washington station last year and that have a lot of vacancies.

If you want 911 and be busy apply for San Gabriel valley division or antelope valley division. If you eventually want to be in Santa Clarita, apply for Santa Clarita but you WILL start out at Washington station doing ift due to seniority. I may take a few months to move to an ift car in Santa Clarita then a roaming 911 car in Santa Clarita. It make take 2 years to get a 24 in Santa Clarita but if you want a 24 sooner, go to av. Minimal ift and lots of 911 and they really need people badly.

trell959

Forum Probie
Amr is all.about being profitable. Rural metro had some bad areas including Bowers. The old owners of Bowers supposedly hyped up the company to rural metro. Now that Bowers lost the contract they are no longer profitable.

Bowers and rural metro has not been integrated to the level like gold coast is with amr. That is why they cannot transfer. I urge every Bowers employee to apply at amr. We need people and have spots open and I'm told by ops they will give preference to Bowers employees.

Think about it this way. If Bowers is paying $21 to medics, and makes $200 a call for an als, with all the permits that isn't being profitable. All other divisions in Los Angeles County need ambulances and I'm sure they will be absorbed.

Remember Santa Clarita division opened up a Washington station last year and that have a lot of vacancies.

If you want 911 and be busy apply for San Gabriel valley division or antelope valley division. If you eventually want to be in Santa Clarita, apply for Santa Clarita but you WILL start out at Washington station doing ift due to seniority. I may take a few months to move to an ift car in Santa Clarita then a roaming 911 car in Santa Clarita. It make take 2 years to get a 24 in Santa Clarita but if you want a 24 sooner, go to av. Minimal ift and lots of 911 and they really need people badly.

I live in SCV, so working in the Santa Clarita division is ideal, but the more I learn about AMR SCV, the more I want to stay away. How long does it take to get on a roaming 911 car?

I wouldn't mind AV though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ImVenom

Forum Probie
IM A NEWBIE BUT HEARD NICE THINGS ABOUT BOWERS. SUCKS, I SEEN THEY WERE HIRING WHEN I WAS IN EMT SCHOOL. AND I HAVE AN INTERVIEW WITH ALL TOWN AMBULANCE. POSSIBLY AMBULNZ AND CARE. IM SCARED THAT IF I GET HIRED SOMEWHERE THAT I'LL BE LOOKING FOR A JOB SOON TOO AGAIN? I THOUGHT BEING AN EMT WAS A GOOD CHOICE BECAUSE I LOVE PATIENT CARE. I ALSO HEARD THAT PRN ISNT DOING THAT GOOD. IS THIS TRUE?

Gordoemt

Forum Lieutenant
I live in SCV, so working in the Santa Clarita division is ideal, but the more I learn about AMR SCV, the more I want to stay away. How long does it take to get on a roaming 911 car?

I wouldn't mind AV though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
roaming car 6 months to 1 1/2 yrs.

24 1 1/2 yrs to 2 yrs or so.

scv is nice because we do more of the standbys. you will start out in washington station in la since thats where most new hires get stuck until you get seniorty to come up.

scv is decent way better than any other ift company if you want to get a 24 faster with minimal ift and mostly 911 av or san gabe is the way to go.

Gordoemt

Forum Lieutenant
IM A NEWBIE BUT HEARD NICE THINGS ABOUT BOWERS. SUCKS, I SEEN THEY WERE HIRING WHEN I WAS IN EMT SCHOOL. AND I HAVE AN INTERVIEW WITH ALL TOWN AMBULANCE. POSSIBLY AMBULNZ AND CARE. IM SCARED THAT IF I GET HIRED SOMEWHERE THAT I'LL BE LOOKING FOR A JOB SOON TOO AGAIN? I THOUGHT BEING AN EMT WAS A GOOD CHOICE BECAUSE I LOVE PATIENT CARE. I ALSO HEARD THAT PRN ISNT DOING THAT GOOD. IS THIS TRUE?
stay away from prn. if you can get hired with amr, mccormick, hall, care.

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
roaming car 6 months to 1 1/2 yrs.

24 1 1/2 yrs to 2 yrs or so.

scv is nice because we do more of the standbys. you will start out in washington station in la since thats where most new hires get stuck until you get seniorty to come up.

scv is decent way better than any other ift company if you want to get a 24 faster with minimal ift and mostly 911 av or san gabe is the way to go.
Minimal IFT and mostly 911 doesn't describe SGV in the least. Try lots of 911 and lots of IFTs. It's a busy division but don't expect to run exclusively 911. There are lots of IFTs in that division (and the list of contracts is growing) and no one is immune from getting them, even 24s.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmm....everyone gets put on a "roaming car" (we call them Day Cars, 11 1/2 hour shifts that aren't assigned specific stations and instead get sent to fill in the gaps in 911 coverage, and are auto first up over 24hr station based units) immediately after clearing training, and you can get a 24hr station within 3 months here at McCormick.

No unit is primary IFT, everyone is 911. In the last 5 months I've been there full time I've gotten a grand total of 1 P2 (priority 2 non-emergent IFT, knocking on wood! Lol)

trell959

Forum Probie
Hmm....everyone gets put on a "roaming car" (we call them Day Cars, 11 1/2 hour shifts that aren't assigned specific stations and instead get sent to fill in the gaps in 911 coverage, and are auto first up over 24hr station based units) immediately after clearing training, and you can get a 24hr station within 3 months here at McCormick.

No unit is primary IFT, everyone is 911. In the last 5 months I've been there full time I've gotten a grand total of 1 P2 (priority 2 non-emergent IFT, knocking on wood! Lol)
Anyway to get a 24 at a station south of Hawthorne after those 3 months?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Anyway to get a 24 at a station south of Hawthorne after those 3 months?

Yeah,just depends on openings, but shouldn't be too much of a problem. Willowbrook Station (although were technically a couple blocks north, just east of the freeway from St 11 in Hawthorne lol) has a bunch of openings right now, otherwise further south we have Stations in Carson (busy Station with 2x 24s and a day car), Lomita, Torrance and Redondo Beach, and Palos Verdes (although St 7 on the hill has a 24 and a day car you might have to wait a while for an opening there lol).

North of Hawthorne we have two Stations in Inglewood and one in Ladera Heights that aren't much further, otherwise you get into our "Valley Battalion" that has a station in WeHo (West Hollywood) and Calabasas and Agoura and two in Malibu (those you'll def have to wait a while to get a permanent spot lol but there's overtime available that you can work shifts pretty much any area you want, just gotta grab them before all the OT junkies do haha)

trell959

Forum Probie
Yeah,just depends on openings, but shouldn't be too much of a problem. Willowbrook Station (although were technically a couple blocks north, just east of the freeway from St 11 in Hawthorne lol) has a bunch of openings right now, otherwise further south we have Stations in Carson (busy Station with 2x 24s and a day car), Lomita, Torrance and Redondo Beach, and Palos Verdes (although St 7 on the hill has a 24 and a day car you might have to wait a while for an opening there lol).

North of Hawthorne we have two Stations in Inglewood and one in Ladera Heights that aren't much further, otherwise you get into our "Valley Battalion" that has a station in WeHo (West Hollywood) and Calabasas and Agoura and two in Malibu (those you'll def have to wait a while to get a permanent spot lol but there's overtime available that you can work shifts pretty much any area you want, just gotta grab them before all the OT junkies do haha)
Awesome. I applied a few days ago. Thanks for the info.