Generational Gaps

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
You keep that schedule up and itll only be a matter of time.
It's short term, need to make X3 rent to get an apartment. After that I'll go down to around 60 hours.

OP
OP
VentMonkey

VentMonkey

Family Guy
That’s pretty rude. Ever thought that talking IS socializing? Your use of SM is an addiction, not communicating. This person, standing in front of you is a real, live, human, who may just be able to tell you things that might impact your life.

GTS won’t help you when you’re laying in a street, bleeding out...

No wonder this country is going down the tubes.
I absolutely agree with your first paragraph, but the highlighted part? That’s unnecessarily ruthless and irrelevant.

Come on? We’re better than that.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Random thoughts on this topic...

I had a beeper in the 6th grade.... sick one with a cool little chain. I think I’m a “millennial.” Not really sure, but I know that hard work pays off, to treat people right until they give you a reason not to, and that respect is earned but also revokable.

We used to have to call our parents on 1800-Collect to come pick us up from the park/pool when we were ready to go. Today I see memes of kids taking photos of pay phones wondering what the hell they are.

When I was 16 my first cell phone was one of those old indestructible Nokia’s. I worked part time in a grocery store after school... ($6.12 an hour.)At night when it was time to clean the bathrooms I would play the snake game while the floor dried after mopping and cleaning toilets. “Millennial?”

I remember being broke and pissed as an early 20 something- mad that the rich and powerful were keeping me down! Then one day I woke up and thought, what’s stopping me from becoming rich and powerful? The answer was: myself.

I’ve been through a lot of ******** in my youth and growing up, hard times, poor family, trauma, etc etc...Everyone has baggage. I found it didn’t pay to use it as an excuse to be a whiner- instead, used it as motivation to be a winner.

Last edited:

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Also, I concur that parenting and how you are raised has a whole lot to do with it.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
She got a lot of hits though...

Lol. Clown.
Action without consequences. The reason people didn’t do stuff like this before is because no one would hire you if you did things like this at a previous employer. You’d be blackballed from getting another job basically. These days- this behavior is rewarded, much like a clown act.

Maybe when she is sick of the big meanie heads at the gym she’ll launch herself off a treadmill set on its highest speed.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Lol. Clown.
Action without consequences. The reason people didn’t do stuff like this before is because no one would hire you if you did things like this at a previous employer. You’d be blackballed from getting another job basically. These days- this behavior is rewarded, much like a clown act.

Maybe when she is sick of the big meanie heads at the gym she’ll launch herself off a treadmill set on its highest speed.

“Then: This is Bob, the village idiot. He spends the day scratching his balls. Says it deters global warming .

Today: This is Bob, our local celebrity. He’s a famous vlogger, his Youtube channel has 5 mil subs where he posts the vids of himself scratching his balls. He also has a viral Instagram account and a Facebook page.”

OP
OP
VentMonkey

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Wow is all I can say about that video. I did share it with our oldest along with the following text:

If you ever act this way I will A) know I have failed you as a father and a parent, and B) most likely disown you. Love, Dad.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I commend her for quitting a crappy job. Been there, done that, and I would rather panhandle for favors than drive a wheelchair van ever ever again.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
“I have worked at my new job for one day and I already like it,” she said.

Until she doesn't...then no notice, no reasons why, no trying to leave it a better place... as if there is some kind of nobility in doing her duty before she quit without notice leaving her coworkers high and dry her next scheduled shift....hope that ethic doesn't come into play in marriage and parenting....

OP
OP
VentMonkey

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I commend her for quitting a crappy job. Been there, done that, and I would rather panhandle for favors than drive a wheelchair van ever ever again.
Right. Did you give ample notice like an actual adult, or did you act a fool and jump out of a window as a spectacle for all to see because you felt inadequate and insecure for who knows what reason/s?

Apples and oranges, man.

E tank

eh...it has ever been thus...

“Youth were never more sawcie, yea never more savagely saucie . . . the ancient are scorned, the honourable are contemned, the magistrate is not dreaded.”

The Wise-Man’s Forecast against the Evill Time, Thomas Barnes

Just stay the hell off my lawn, ya punks....

RocketMedic

Bro I gave them the same regard they showed me.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
“I have worked at my new job for one day and I already like it,” she said.

Until she doesn't...then no notice, no reasons why, no trying to leave it a better place... as if there is some kind of nobility in doing her duty before she quit without notice leaving her coworkers high and dry her next scheduled shift....hope that ethic doesn't come into play in marriage and parenting....

It will. It’s generationally ingrained. “No ethics” would be a good descriptor for everyone post early millennial.

E tank

It will. It’s generationally ingrained. “No ethics” would be a good descriptor for everyone post early millennial.

I wouldn't go that far...my kids pretty much get it...so do most of their friends from what I can tell.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
What did I just read.

If anyone is looking for a microcosm of why generational discord exists, I think this thread would be a good example. The older generation will always see the younger one as weak and coddled. The younger will always see the older as out of touch. Does it matter?

Can you work hard, learn, and be kind? That's really all I care about with my coworkers, I don't care how old you are.

RocketMedic

Undue “respect” for traditions, tenure and “elders” leads to crap like stand-up 24s and paramedics on wheelchair vans.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Undue “respect” for traditions, tenure and “elders” leads to crap like stand-up 24s and paramedics on wheelchair vans.
Or requiring paramedics have experience before hiring them and then subjecting them to a 14 month probie year during which time they are not to participate in anything outside of company level training.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Or requiring paramedics have experience before hiring them and then subjecting them to a 14 month probie year during which time they are not to participate in anything outside of company level training.
Actually that's just bad policy.