Food for First Responders at McDs

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
See attached bulletin. McDonalds.jpg

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Man, when I think of all the crap we used to eat when I was full time EMS...Togo's, McD's, KofC, sundaes from a place called Swendsens...constant parade of calories...never brought my own lunch...never gained a pound....makes me sick to think of it now.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
There was a McDonalds down the street from our station. Finish a midnight shift, get in the car, and pick up a few McGriddles and hash browns.

Didn't have a care in the world. Those were the days.

Last edited:

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
I’ll take it

OP
OP
akflightmedic

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Its free....why not. LOL

OceanBossMan263

Forum Crew Member
I’ll take it
Know who else will? Every random volunteer fireman who has never even seen the back of an ambulance. They're probably lined up in their mall walker jackets right now.

Note: I've been a volunteer firefighter for a long time, but the way they've tried to hijack this whole pandemic as a way to redirect attention on themselves (the Facebook uniform photos, blasting the sirens and federal at 7pm nowhere near actual healthcare workers) is disgustingly hilarious.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Oh well. Let them have it.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Here in central PA we have been swamped with donations of food, drinks and snacks. Each station has boxes of ice cream treats from Hershey. We've had meals donated. Cases of chips and snacks and energy drinks are piled up in the crew room.

But, the “donate to the first responders” thing hits me wrong.

We are all working and getting paid. Some of us are working overtime, but not more than the usual. We go home at the end of the day and have dinner with our families, just like before. We all still have benefits and get regular paychecks. We all still live our lives

I understand that everyone wants to help, and first responders are an easy way to “do something“, but wouldn’t all these donations be better served going to families that aren’t working? People who have non essential jobs who are stilling at home waiting for the pandemic unemployment benefits package to go live, so they can buy food for their family?

I appreciate all of the community support, but it feels like it’s misguided. What do you all think?

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Here in central PA we have been swamped with donations of food, drinks and snacks. Each station has boxes of ice cream treats from Hershey. We've had meals donated. Cases of chips and snacks and energy drinks are piled up in the crew room.

But, the “donate to the first responders” thing hits me wrong.

We are all working and getting paid. Some of us are working overtime, but not more than the usual. We go home at the end of the day and have dinner with our families, just like before. We all still have benefits and get regular paychecks. We all still live our lives

I understand that everyone wants to help, and first responders are an easy way to “do something“, but wouldn’t all these donations be better served going to families that aren’t working? People who have non essential jobs who are stilling at home waiting for the pandemic unemployment benefits package to go live, so they can buy food for their family?

I appreciate all of the community support, but it feels like it’s misguided. What do you all think?

I think a lot of workers here aren't having a very good go of things. Full timers like me get priority on hours (and even I'm getting less than half of what I was. Some weeks I got like 25 hours. Me and 3 other crews got cut today)

Free meals and stuff would certainty subsidize our losses.

I'm still working but you make a good point. If they can't get unemployment to make up for lost money then yeah, they probably need it more than me.

But there's folks here that took out loans to cover costs of living...

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Do I need free food? No.

Would I accept and eat free food that is offered to me? Sure.

And I'm 99% sure so would the vast majority of others.
This.

This debate is like a dialed down rehash of the hazard pay.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll