FDNY EMS Candidates

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
did any one else get an email to log into nyc website and redo all of the cpd-b forums and stuff?
hey mike you think you can screenshot and post a pic? so we can know what to look out for? it may help everyone else (blur out sensitive info if there is any)

mike g

Forum Probie
As part of the conditional offer extended to you, the City of New York requires that you complete essential pre-employment forms. Please read and follow the instructions below to access and complete the required forms.

APPLICANT INSTRUCTIONS (Please print for quick reference)

1. Click here to access the External NYC Careers Portal.

2. Sign In with your User Name and Password. If you need assistance with your User Name or Password, please select Forgot User Name or Forgot Password on the Sign In page.

3. Click the Job Search link at the top of the page to be directed back to your Job Search page.

4. Navigate to the My Notifications section of your Candidate Portal where you will see the Please Add SSN and Please Complete CPD- B, I-9 and Visa Work Permit notifications. You will need to complete the pre-Employment documentation in this order.

5. Click on the SSN form link to enter and submit your SSN details.

The SSN verification form is required to verify and confirm your identity with the Social Security Administration before being hired. If you receive an onscreen message stating that additional processing is required, you will be unable to complete and submit the additional pre-employment forms until an HR Representative has contacted you.

6. Click on CPD-B form link to enter and submit.

All applicants for employment with the City of New York are subject to investigation to determine whether they meet the qualifications for the position. The first step in your investigation is the completion of the Comprehensive Personnel Document (CPD-B).

7. Click on I-9 form link to enter and submit.

8. Click on Visa Work Permit link to enter and submit.

If applicable, submittal of this form is optional before hire. However, you have up to 3 business days after being hired to complete and submit. If U.S. Citizen is selected on the I-9, the Visa Work Permit form is not required and the link will automatically disappear from your list of notifications.

If you have questions, DO NOT REPLY to this message. Instead, please contact the HR Representative who extended the conditional offer to you or Contact NYC Careers.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in submitting these forms in a timely manner.

Thank you!

(Security for NYC Careers has been vigorously tested. Your personal information is considered sensitive and is not stored in NYC Careers. Please refer to the City of New York's privacy policy).

mike g

Forum Probie
its not too bad, just doesnt work well and its the same stuff we have already filled out at metrotech so no idea... maybe it was a mistake.

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
its not too bad, just doesnt work well and its the same stuff we have already filled out at metrotech so no idea... maybe it was a mistake.

I would just call HR if you're unsure why it was sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Any workout recommendations in preparation for the PAT ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Find a gym with a stair master and set it for 60 steps a minute. Add a weight vest if you can get one, Wal-Mart sells a 20 pound one. If not people have filled backpacks with 20 pounds on front and back

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Future923

Forum Crew Member
if your investigator tells you that your file is complete and getting reviewed for the upcoming class does that mean you have a chance of being called for this academy?

TeeDub

Forum Crew Member
Quick question about the stairmill for the CPAT.
Do you wear the weighted vest during the 1 minute warm up, or is it just for the actual 3:30 minute test?

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Quick question about the stairmill for the CPAT.
Do you wear the weighted vest during the 1 minute warm up, or is it just for the actual 3:30 minute test?
The warm up as well

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks.
do you automatically fail if you hold the rails during the warm up too?
No they will tell what you did wrong in the warm up if you. When I did mine I kept balancing myself by bumping the rail and they said I needed to do it less.

Rory

Forum Crew Member
Ok.
Thanks
I found it best that when you are doing the stair master in order to avoid the temptation of holding on the tail throw your hands under the vest near the top and hold onto it. Then look down at your feet and just take 1 step at a time don't worry about the time they will keep track of that for you. But isolation of your hands and visually watching each step did well to many who have done the task. Just a matter of opinion tho. Good luck

TeeDub

Forum Crew Member
I found it best that when you are doing the stair master in order to avoid the temptation of holding on the tail throw your hands under the vest near the top and hold onto it. Then look down at your feet and just take 1 step at a time don't worry about the time they will keep track of that for you. But isolation of your hands and visually watching each step did well to many who have done the task. Just a matter of opinion tho. Good luck
Yeah that's exactly how I've been practicing it at the gym. It's been the best way for me to focus and keep my hands busy