FDNY EMS Candidates

mike g

Forum Probie
the guy on the phone said to expect a letter describing all of the appointments and stuff.. i also know that generally we should receive a letter a week before the academy process and the phone call a week before the letter, at least that is what all the fdny guys told me.

Cmushlit

Forum Probie
There's no direct deposit until you get out of the Academy. Picking your health insurance Yes, Photo ID yes, pension and all the other goodies.

Guess dad wasn't right. It's only been 20 years lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teej92

Forum Crew Member
the guy on the phone said to expect a letter describing all of the appointments and stuff.. i also know that generally we should receive a letter a week before the academy process and the phone call a week before the letter, at least that is what all the fdny guys told me.
Yes I got a letter. Last Friday the 9th

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
mike what's your list number

Greenview355

Forum Ride Along
Is it possible to receive a call for the academy even next week? I had to defer last academy, and I just got cleared by medical yesterday. I'm at the top of my list because of my previous deferral, but my inestigator wasn't in to let me know if I could advance or not, and now I'm going insane waiting.

Thanks for reading this

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Also anyone that's gone through the academy, anything that we should bring that they don't have listed. Stuff that's going to make our lives easier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keep your black bag empty for the first day/night at the academy. Take a notebook and pen. You can order meal and it's $6.00 and it's delivered to the building. Your black bag will be heavy by the time you leave. Don't take your phones inside the class or you will get punished and so will your classmates.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Keep your black bag empty for the first day/night at the academy. Take a notebook and pen. You can order meal and it's $6.00 and it's delivered to the building. Your black bag will be heavy by the time you leave. Don't take your phones inside the class or you will get punished and so will your classmates.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Lol don't remind me of Instructor B's pushup platoon t3 funniest day of my Academy class other than EVOC. God I miss it sometimes.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Lol don't remind me of Instructor B's pushup platoon t3 funniest day of my Academy class other than EVOC. God I miss it sometimes.
Did you all see the "Ghost of Evoc?"

Emttttt

Forum Probie
what happens if you miss the call the first time

I would definitely call back if you know that's metrotech's number.

To the people worrying about the letter if you got called for the academy, don't. Just get the orientation date/time and bring all the documents you need. I got called 2 days before orientation and the letter came when I was already in the academy, so don't stress it. Just let the security at metrotech know you don't have the letter yet or bring an older one that you got for medical.

Teej92

Forum Crew Member
Is it possible to receive a call for the academy even next week? I had to defer last academy, and I just got cleared by medical yesterday. I'm at the top of my list because of my previous deferral, but my inestigator wasn't in to let me know if I could advance or not, and now I'm going insane waiting.

Thanks for reading this
Hey man sorry but I don't think you will get the call this time around. If you just got cleared by medical. It happened to me and I was cleared about three weeks out of an academy and it wasn't enough time for the supervisors to review my file before they started calling people. PM me if you want more info

Future923

Forum Crew Member
if your investigator tells you that your file is complete and getting reviewed for the upcoming class does that mean you have a chance of being called for this academy?