FDNY EMS Candidates

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
I heard from someone who says they heard from their investigator that the next class will start June 26th. I don't know how true it is but I am just passing it along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SIemt

Forum Crew Member
Damn that's crazy.. Did you have the basic score (70)? I think Im going to get a 75 cause I took the HazMat class too. Hopefully that helps with getting a good number on the list

Where'd you take the hazmat course?

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
I heard from someone who says they heard from their investigator that the next class will start June 26th. I don't know how true it is but I am just passing it along.

I heard the next class is to start two weeks after this class ends.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SIemt

Forum Crew Member
I heard last year there were two ems exams. Does this effect the time frame for hiring for future classes or is it still roughly two years from application filing to hire? For example, for the second EMS exam that was released for the year , were there as many people that applied for that exam as the roughly 1500 that usually apply?

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
I heard last year there were two ems exams. Does this effect the time frame for hiring for future classes or is it still roughly two years from application filing to hire? For example, for the second EMS exam that was released for the year , were there as many people that applied for that exam as the roughly 1500 that usually apply?

992 people on list 7000 which was the first one - July 2016 filing period. 423 people on list 7031 which was the second one - September 2016 filing period.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
ATTN:
Ok guys here is a little bit of advice for those on exam 6003 and 7000.
@thatdorkyemt_ and myself have repeatedly have tried helping as have others as well.
questions you are asking have been asked before, so here is a lil bit of an FYI scroll back a couple of pages and TRUST me you will find many answers to your questions and you will save yourself alot of asking.
As for what number on 6003 last I read was in the early 600s ? give or take.
Silvercat can also help on the last academy that is set to graduate, ( Way to go @silvercat354726 ).(Next class is end of July and last 2017 class is Dec)
So before asking the same questions go back and when you don't find the answer then ask.
This thread can be your best learning and informative forum.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
ATTN:
@thatdorkyemt_ and myself have repeatedly have tried helping as have others as well.
questions you are asking have been asked before, so here is a lil bit of an FYI scroll back a couple of pages and TRUST me you will find many answers to your questions and you will save yourself alot of asking.
Silvercat can also help on the last academy that is set to graduate, ( Way to go @silvercat354726 ).(Next class is end of July and last 2017 class is Dec)
So before asking the same questions go back and when you don't find the answer then ask.
11 weeks of work, 2 LODD, 3 funerals, great instructors can't wait to be on the streets!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BoSoxNYC

Forum Probie
ATTN:
Thanks TechLife for always helping everyone on here out with much appreciated info! Just want to confirm what you posted that the next academy will be late July and not June.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Thanks TechLife for always helping everyone on here out with much appreciated info! Just want to confirm what you posted that the next academy will be late July and not June.

You are welcome !
That is correct and the final 2017 class should be in Dec.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Family day should be this coming weekend =) enjoy it, and Congrats on your up and coming graduation day next week.
See you in the streets, let me know where they are assigned you to (inbox me) . Hope you get where you wanna go !
Yes, family day is this Saturday. We get our division Friday and Monday or Tuesday we meet the chief's. Will let you know when I know.

Rory

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone know the latest they'll call you before an academy starts that you would be in?

Rory

Forum Crew Member

That's what my investigator told me also. She said they are trying to get some people ready to go into that academy from exam 700 and also for the October academy. When I went I was the 82 person the investigators have seen combined.
Exam 7000
List # 2**

Rory

Forum Crew Member
Exam 7005 I think it was your referring to which was held in September has around 300 people on it I heard from a friend on it

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone know the latest they'll call you before an academy starts that you would be in?
They can and have called up to the sunday before the day of swearing in.

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
Exam 7005 I think it was your referring to which was held in September has around 300 people on it I heard from a friend on it

September was exam number 7031 and it has 423 people.

fdnyemt1

Forum Lieutenant
I am on list 7031, we recieved our list numbers, nothing more, I'm sure it will take a few months to start our process, after list 7000 is all processed