FDNY EMS Candidates

AronSham

Forum Probie
Hey guys, I was told by my investigator and multiple people throughout the hiring process that we have a pretty good chance for the June academy and rushed our intake process for consideration. But reading your list numbers is making my confused. Completed my PAT, intake, medical,psych all within 1 month. What do you guys think.

List 7000 #6*

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys, I was told by my investigator and multiple people throughout the hiring process that we have a pretty good chance for the June academy and rushed our intake process for consideration. But reading your list numbers is making my confused. Completed my PAT, intake, medical,psych all within 1 month. What do you guys think.

List 7000 #6*

Are you going to the process for medic or EMT? I know they were pushing thru medics when I went thru the process... I was also told February or May when I went for medical. Perhaps they just want you to be prepared for a call if enough people defer or decline? Either way good luck

Bnf000

Forum Probie
Hey guys I'm from test 7000 my list number is quite low (single digits) I completed entire process in about 3.5 weeks with no issues, spoke to my investigator about a week or so ago, asked him if he needed anything, he told me no he was just finishing everything up. Anybody have any idea when I should be expecting a call? Or suggest that I call and check in? Thanks

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
Hey guys I'm from test 7000 my list number is quite low (single digits) I completed entire process in about 3.5 weeks with no issues, spoke to my investigator about a week or so ago, asked him if he needed anything, he told me no he was just finishing everything up. Anybody have any idea when I should be expecting a call? Or suggest that I call and check in? Thanks

Based on what I've seen here, someone close 900 on 6003 just got the call I'd say you have a good shot at the October academy after this June 26th one. Or at the very least just be ready and prepared for it. They have about 1,350 names on 6003 so they still have a lot of people. However that is just my opinion/speculation.

I'm still waiting on EMT but I've gone through a different process with FDNY and had an investigator so I can tell you if he says he doesn't need anything then don't bother him. They have a lot they deal with it so if he needs something he will reach out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teej92

Forum Crew Member
Also tech or dorky any diffence in AM or PM class? I picked PM bc I wanted to try and avoid any traffic I could.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Last time I am posting or helping, seems you guys don't read.
You guys need to scroll back several pages and it will help you more than you could imagine.

If you are on 700 exam you are looking more towards first class in 2018.
I started following this forum at page 319, just when I got my list number. I'm currently in the academy graduating Thursday. We all have questions but ALL the answers are posted, read back and you'll find the answers.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Also tech or dorky any diffence in AM or PM class? I picked PM bc I wanted to try and avoid any traffic I could.

Depends on where you live and if you are an AM or PM kinda person. When I was in the Academy I choose AM it worked better for me.
Travel time from your destination and traffic is what you take into consideration. They don't take to lateness at all.
Good luck and if you need any questions hit me up in my inbox. Happy to help those that listen.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
I started following this forum at page 319, just when I got my list number. I'm currently in the academy graduating Thursday. We all have questions but ALL the answers are posted, read back and you'll find the answers.

Hey @silvercat354726 how was your family day at Fort Totten ? and Congrats on your up and coming graduation. Well done !

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Depends on where you live and if you are an AM or PM kinda person. When I was in the Academy I choose AM it worked better for me.
Travel time from your destination and traffic is what you take into consideration. They don't take to lateness at all.
Good luck and if you need any questions hit me up in my inbox. Happy to help those that listen.
I took the pm class it worked for my family. I was there at 0700 on Friday and it took me 3.5 hours to get home which it's usually a 2 hour drive.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
I took the pm class it worked for my family. I was there at 0700 on Friday and it took me 3.5 hours to get home which it's usually a 2 hour drive.

Aren't you glad that will be no more lol. Now time to play with the big kids.
Stay cautious, listen to your mentors and remember we will run across some great partners and then, there are the A holes to put up with temporarily.
internship flies by.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Aren't you glad that will be no more lol. Now time to play with the big kids.
Stay cautious, listen to your mentors and remember we will run across some great partners and then, there are the A holes to put up with temporarily.
internship flies by.
I've met some great people on rotations and some real a holes as well. Can't wait to get my assignment and get out on the streets.