FDNY EMS Candidates

NycEmt7

Forum Crew Member
A friend of mine with much less experience has already been called in for a physical. My friends list number is in the 400's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cenzo22

Forum Crew Member
What happens after you take the physical? What's the next step in the process?!

anon101

Forum Ride Along
So excited after reading they're up to 400's on the list, I'm 80X.

Not to be impatient, but about how long does it take from when you go in to the physical till you start the training/get hired?

NycEmt7

Forum Crew Member
I'm so very excited for all of you that have been contacted so far. I'm in the 900's ... I have a ways to go but rooting for all of you !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
So excited after reading they're up to 400's on the list, I'm 80X.

Not to be impatient, but about how long does it take from when you go in to the physical till you start the training/get hired?
About a year from your PAT to job offering from FDNY

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Greenview355

Forum Ride Along
Hey, guys. I need your advice about an investigations issue.

I recently restored myself to the list after deferring due to medical issues, and my investigator told me to e-mail her some documents so I could do my medical soon. She said it was time-sensitive, and had to reach her by the end of the week. She doesn't respond to my e-mails or calls, so I contact CID and give them the documents. My investigator called me back shortly after, told me she was out due to an emergency, and that CID said I was very rude.

She told me I'm coming in for a medical next week, and that they'll send me a letter in the mail confirming next week. She stressed that I shouldn't call them, and to wait for them to contact me.

This all makes me a little nervous. I'm worried this may jeopardize my medical next week. I have no idea why CID thought I was being rude, and I explained this and apologized to my investigator over the phone.

Should I send an apology in e-mail form to my investigator so she can forward it to CID? Or am I just overreacting and just need to wait for them to mail me next week?

I'm exam 6003, 70X, so I'm just very eager to jump into the academy.

Thanks in advance for reading all this.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Hey, guys. I need your advice about an investigations issue.

I recently restored myself to the list after deferring due to medical issues, and my investigator told me to e-mail her some documents so I could do my medical soon. She said it was time-sensitive, and had to reach her by the end of the week. She doesn't respond to my e-mails or calls, so I contact CID and give them the documents. My investigator called me back shortly after, told me she was out due to an emergency, and that CID said I was very rude.

She told me I'm coming in for a medical next week, and that they'll send me a letter in the mail confirming next week. She stressed that I shouldn't call them, and to wait for them to contact me.

This all makes me a little nervous. I'm worried this may jeopardize my medical next week. I have no idea why CID thought I was being rude, and I explained this and apologized to my investigator over the phone.

Should I send an apology in e-mail form to my investigator so she can forward it to CID? Or am I just overreacting and just need to wait for them to mail me next week?

I'm exam 6003, 70X, so I'm just very eager to jump into the academy.

Thanks in advance for reading all this.

Your investigator gave you the best advice on this " She stressed that I shouldn't call them, and to wait for them to contact me."
So hold off on any E mails, just wait til you are there.
You already apologized to her and explained. Leave it at that.
Like the saying goes " The more you stir the Crap, the more it stinks "
SO good luck and DON"T E MAIL or Call them.
Trust me they will contact you.

Good luck buddy

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
To reiterate on previous comments myself, techlife and EVERYONE else in this forum commented.... The LESS you hear from an investigator the better off you are in the long run. THE MORE you hear back from them... THE MORE YOU SHOULD WORRY. The process they do for an individual is simple.... Contact you if they need additional information, or not contact you at all which means your paperwork is in order.... They investigate MULTIPLE Candidates on a DAILY basis.... So have patience with them and you'll be fine.... DO NOT CALL and ask the simple questions like "do you know where I'm standing right now." it only holds up the process for you and your peers. Have patience and time and refer back to previous posts in this thread. I'm sure answers to your questions are hidden in there somewhere.

EMS Pursuit

Forum Probie
Looks like there are still 3 more days to apply if you have not already. Good Luck!

EMS Pursuit (Fire & EMS Jobs - Now Free)

RyanL

Forum Ride Along
Sup guys, just got a letter from NYC, Exam # 7031 list number is in the low 20's. I'm not in any rush or anything, but would like to know if anyone knows where they're at, as far as which exam they're going off of right now, and what number they are up too. Thanks in advance.

EMS93

Forum Probie
Hey I'm exam 60003 . #99*. Does anyone know more or less when I will be getting in ? Someone told me that they will eventually cut the list . And would have to reapply . Does anyone know if this is true or not ? Thank you .

EMS93

Forum Probie
Hey I'm exam 6003 . #99*. Does anyone know more or less when I will be getting in ? Someone told me that they will eventually cut the list . And would have to reapply . Does anyone know if this is true or not ? Thank you .

Rory

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone know when you have to have your driver's license? When they call you for your physical exam? Or when they have you start the academy?
When they call you for the initial physical test you need it mutpile times and to be let into ther building

BoSoxNYC

Forum Probie
They are on exam 7000 calling into the high 400's/992. Using those called to fill June and October academies
Hi Rory,
Sorry but your post is misleading. They are not even close to starting calls for list #7000. They are only about half way through #6003 right now. List #7000 could start getting calls as early as this fall, but for high 400s I would expect next Janunary if things follow along this pace.
What I think you're referencing are the letters to start the hiring process (pat, medical, psych, intake). "Getting called" is the actual job offer with a spot in the academy. Calls should start up again in a few weeks working on list #6003 for the next academy.