FDNY EMS Candidates

Future923

Forum Crew Member
I am from exam #6003, I have done the PAT, Interview, Medical, Psych, and my jobs received letters already. All this was completed by the beginning of March. Any idea how long before we get called if all is completed?

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
I am from exam #6003, I have done the PAT, Interview, Medical, Psych, and my jobs received letters already. All this was completed by the beginning of March. Any idea how long before we get called if all is completed?
Maybe the next class coming up. No news is good news

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
That's what my investigator told me also. She said they are trying to get some people ready to go into that academy from exam 700 and also for the October academy. When I went I was the 82 person the investigators have seen combined.
Exam 7000
List # 2**

Sorry but that is not correct. not everything you hear from your investigator about when you will go in is 100% acurate, trust me many of us that are on the job can tell you. They have all said it to us when we first started.
They are still calling from list 6003 and they are in the 600s give or take a few, so no where is 7000 going to be called for 2017 for the 2 classes left (July 26th and Dec).
Til 6003 is depleted and people who have deferred or failed medical to have their chance, will 7000 list be called.
going thru the steps yes, but to get called for a class Abso No. Some of us waited 2 years to get into the academy, and with the huge numbers of the last classes that were 180 now 140, and going back to smaller classes. I say you guys will have a bit of a wait.
as I said before look back several pages and educate yourselves on how it works. will help with you stressing over when , where and why's.

Good luck and hang tight

Last edited:

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain

Exactly like @silvercat354726 said No News is good news. Can you post the first numbers of your list number that way some of these guys can get a jest of where the list is at ? example 65X.
Some of the people here are under the impression that they are going into a class from list 7000, which I said not yet and most likely Jan/2018 will start for 7000.
Good luck I hope you get into the next July class

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
That's what my investigator told me also. She said they are trying to get some people ready to go into that academy from exam 700 and also for the October academy. When I went I was the 82 person the investigators have seen combined.
Exam 7000
List # 2**

There is no Oct academy only 2 classes left July and late Nov/Dec.
if instructors take a break.
and being number 82 getting checked out means abso nothing. you don't even get called in order at times. just scroll back several pages and you will see.
your best info to come is when they contact you. guessing game will only disappoint you.
Just keep watch on the list for 6003 and that is your best bet on where you are.

Last edited:

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
I'm exam 6003, list #11xx patiently waiting for the call... I have been done with the whole hiring process for over 6months. If you're just starting the process you have a long way to go. So sit back, relax, and check on here every once in a while to see where they are on the list

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
I stand corrected Not July but June 26th is the next class and the last class for 2017 should be around October 9th give or take.

Just do the math, June 26th start day, the math adds up of 13 weeks add 2 weeks after they graduate for the next class for Oct you get the start date for the next class more or less.

Good luck to all going in !

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
It finally happened! I got called!
I was deferred due to my medical in the beginning ( im from 5003).
Orientation Monday June 26th
And starting night class at Totten on the 27th!

Congrats brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Future923

Forum Crew Member
I literally haven't heard a thing since my psych! No calls, no mail, nothing. My investigator is out of the office for the next week and a half. I am probably worried for nothing but anxiety every time calls start bugs me out!

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
I literally haven't heard a thing since my psych! No calls, no mail, nothing. My investigator is out of the office for the next week and a half. I am probably worried for nothing but anxiety every time calls start bugs me out!

What's your list number example 75# and calls usually start around now or after this class graduates and they don't stop calling until the day before class starts.
Depending on how big they are having this class going in also matters. they had classes of 180 and this last class was 140, heard they were going back to the even smaller classes, but who knows.
If you are on list 6003 and someone just posted that they are in the mid 700s on that list, depending on your number you should pretty much have some what of an idea.

If you get the call post it here that way others have an idea where they are at on the list waiting to get the call.
Good luck

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
What's your list number example 75# and calls usually start around now or after this class graduates and they don't stop calling until the day before class starts.
Depending on how big they are having this class going in also matters. they had classes of 180 and this last class was 140, heard they were going back to the even smaller classes, but who knows.
If you are on list 6003 and someone just posted that they are in the mid 700s on that list, depending on your number you should pretty much have some what of an idea.

If you get the call post it here that way others have an idea where they are at on the list waiting to get the call.
Good luck

Isn't the medical after psych?

Future923

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, I did my medical and then my psych. And literally haven't heard anything since my psych. I know its a waiting game and I know we say pay attention to list numbers but apparently numbers aren't called in numerical order.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah, I did my medical and then my psych. And literally haven't heard anything since my psych. I know its a waiting game and I know we say pay attention to list numbers but apparently numbers aren't called in numerical order.
They don't call in order of numbers

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member

Gotcha, yeh I haven't heard anything since medical... I called once to insure they received any additional stuff I had sent in for the medical. Since they said they got everything I assumed I'm all set just waiting for the call for academy

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member

What # are you? 11xx here hoping I can squeeze into this months class

Future923

Forum Crew Member
i am also 11xx...I have gotten advice to not call your investigator to ask about your status...but its making me anxious because I am trying to ensure that when I phase out of my current job to go into the academy that it is as smooth as possible for the company/organization.

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
i am also 11xx...I have gotten advice to not call your investigator to ask about your status...but its making me anxious because I am trying to ensure that when I phase out of my current job to go into the academy that it is as smooth as possible for the company/organization.

Well apparently they started calling people for June 26th class, but since our #'s are up there my guess is IF we do get called it won't be until towards the end. I don't think calling your investigator will do much besides annoy them.