EMT-IV class dress code

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
Well here is my thought on this so far. I think it is important to have a specific dress code. As far as buying "trauma pants", when I was a student I was so pround that this was the first step to my professinal dream, dang right I did dress the part! :) Supervisers from fire and the ambulance will see you as a student and down the line, a possible new hire. First impressions are very powerful things......... ;)

Right on Airway!!! I've been beating the tom-toms for months now that EMS has declined dramatically in professional appearance. I'm doing some research for another article on the subject and some of my findings are very interesting!

First impressions are indeed very powerful whether as a student or as a seasoned ten year medic. Cheap t-shirts, shorts and tennis shoes are adding to the degradation of professional appearance in the EMS industry. If you feel 5.11 gear will give you a professional edge, then wear 'em! I do!

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
They don't just let you wear regular pants?
I just wore jeans for mine...they come in black.

They have to be dark blue pants, no jeans. We also have to have black boots, black belt, and wear the dark blue polo they give us with the school logo on it.

apagea99

Forum Lieutenant
They have to be dark blue pants, no jeans. We also have to have black boots, black belt, and wear the dark blue polo they give us with the school logo on it.

Same here....but black pants (no jeans), shoes/boots, belt, and dark green polo with the logo. Also, the shoes have to be able to take some polishing.

OP
OP
Blacke00

Blacke00

Forum Lieutenant
Same here....but black pants (no jeans), shoes/boots, belt, and dark green polo with the logo. Also, the shoes have to be able to take some polishing.

Dark blue or black pants, grey polo, black belt, and black shoes here. Our instructors said slacks would be fine, but recommended EMT/EMS pants. There's a place around here called "Hall's Salvage" that sells BDUs really cheap, so alot of our people went there and got 6-pocket pants for like $2.00 each. I got 2 pairs, but mainly wear my Rothco pants because I like the fit and pocket design better. I think these are the cheap ones: Tru-Spec.

We don't have to put a logo or patch on our shirts since we'll have school IDs to wear during clinicals, but 1 guy did for some reason...

Kevin