EMT Holiday Wish List!

hippocratical

Forum Lieutenant
I'm currently doing oilfield so my shifts revolve around my laptop - A 10 year old Dell.

Santa, please may I have a shiny new Alienware laptop that costs more than my car please? Skyrim is not going to play itself you know.

Behold the awesomeness of my Leg Splint Laptop Bench:

2011-11-24.JPG

Anjel

Forum Angel
I'm currently doing oilfield so my shifts revolve around my laptop - A 10 year old Dell.

Santa, please may I have a shiny new Alienware laptop that costs more than my car please? Skyrim is not going to play itself you know.

Behold the awesomeness of my Leg Splint Laptop Bench:

2011-11-24.JPG

Very creative!!! Genius even.

Tagsburton

Forum Ride Along
Get your new EMT a Kindle or a tablet of some sort if you're willing to spend that much. I put all my paramedic textbooks, guideline books and medical journals on my Kindle and it's absolutely brilliant for getting some study in between calls. Don't have to lug the massive textbooks around and if I slack off the study a little bit on a busy day by reading a comic or fiction book while on station, nobody knows.

Sodapop

Forum Crew Member
Get your new EMT a Kindle or a tablet of some sort if you're willing to spend that much. I put all my paramedic textbooks, guideline books and medical journals on my Kindle and it's absolutely brilliant for getting some study in between calls. Don't have to lug the massive textbooks around and if I slack off the study a little bit on a busy day by reading a comic or fiction book while on station, nobody knows.

Just wondering where you found the paramedic texts for kindle. I have looked and not found anything.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Just wondering where you found the paramedic texts for kindle. I have looked and not found anything.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking about getting a Kindle Fire but my justification to myself is having access to my texts through it so I don't have to carry the books everywhere.

And the ability to highlight would be nice too :)

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
My kindle fire has some issues. They're sending me a replacement, I don't know if I'd buy one yet...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My kindle fire has some issues. They're sending me a replacement, I don't know if I'd buy one yet...

Good to know. Thanks!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
For work, a neonatal stethoscope.

For home, I want the piano sheet for The Whaler by Thrice. I've searched the Internet, I cannot find it, and I cannot sound it out.

EMSrush

Forum Captain
Look at all you guys wishing for holiday stuff- you're too funny. LOL

Tagsburton

Forum Ride Along
Hmm...guess I should clarify. I'm studying a B.S. in Australia, so we don't use the Caroline book, though I have it in hard copy. However, I was able to put the recommended texts for pharmacology, anat and phys, pathophys, mental health nursing and ECG interpretation on my Kindle, which has been awesome.

I've also been able to .pdf all my lecture notes so I can review those on station, too.

jh0n001flip

Forum Crew Member
wish interview questions would be alot easier..:censored::censored::censored::censored:ing asking me oh so "what happens if the patients blows u off and starts getting aggressive what will u do then"..ofcourse imma back away what u think imma do mother:censored::censored::censored::censored:er..common sense. interview questions like that makes me want to punch an interviewer in the face so i can feel better and be more confident in my answers. :ph34r:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
My xmas wish:

Everyone else on EMTLIFE gets one year at their dream job, and the serenity and wisdom to deal with whatever happens afterwards.

That'll teach 'em! Is this mike on? :ph34r:

Missedcue

Forum Crew Member
Personally I would like a scanner so I know what I'm walking into on fire calls. A co-worker suggested the Uniden Bearcat BC346XT

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
wish interview questions would be alot easier..:censored::censored::censored::censored:ing asking me oh so "what happens if the patients blows u off and starts getting aggressive what will u do then"..ofcourse imma back away what u think imma do mother:censored::censored::censored::censored:er..common sense. interview questions like that makes me want to punch an interviewer in the face so i can feel better and be more confident in my answers. :ph34r:

And you started a thread wondering why you don't have a job yet?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader

An EMT-Basic interview is not difficult. If you got the interview, you meet the minimum qualifications for the job, unlike much of the working and academic world. Take a deep breath and think before you speak. If you think about what you're going to say you'll also be thinking about how you are coming off to the interviewer. You could have the "right" answer to a question but if you answer it like you did in the above post, you are not going to get the job. You're reading between the lines of the questions posed, and the interviewer is doing the exact same thing to your answers.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
It's pretty bad....I've had the same stethoscope going on 16 years now. Never had any desire for a new one.

For work, a neonatal stethoscope.

You do that many neonatal transfers?

OP
OP
W

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
I got a cardio 3. I hear it'll last me at least half my career if not the entirety of it

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
I got a cardio 3. I hear it'll last me at least half my career if not the entirety of it

personally, The MDF (IMO) has better acoustics but the double head picks up road noise, hence why littman has a better sound with the single head.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
You do that many neonatal transfer
For the past two weeks, I'vd been working on the dedicated NICU/PICU rig. It's CCT so I don't do more than drive, carry bags, and push the gurney like most EMTs, but the nurses let me listen hearts and lungs still. It would be kind of a waste cause starting on the 23rd, I'm going back to BLS calls so I wouldn't do much neonatal transport anymore.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'll add to my wish list. A HD GoPro With a chest harness for skiing :)