italk

italk

Forum Crew Member
what about New Jersey

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
what about New Jersey
I think you'll find that there are only a couple of programs in the entire nation that offer online EMS certification. I don't know of any in New Jersey.

OP
OP
italk

italk

Forum Crew Member
I have to do core 13 again my place will not pay. they said we gave you the voucher and you sucked

BrushBunny91

Forum Lieutenant
well you might find one in a church, hospital, under a tree.
but im pretty sure emt class will be held in a classroom most of the time. :p

OP
OP
italk

italk

Forum Crew Member
If you don't mind me asking what squad did you run with?

You can PM me if you'd like.

pmed you

Also, I was think about taking first responder but, than I was told Nj does not care about it and we would get in trouble if we used first responders than I going the emt course again using my own money in sept.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
italk

italk

Forum Crew Member
I asked if I could still ride they said this "If your not currently in school I would wait to ride until your back in school'

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Alright so you were dropped from your previous program due to your inadequate practical skills if I understood the other thread correctly, how does an online course seem like a good option with little to no hands on scenarios?

Secondly, why would your squad fork out more money when you essentially wasted it originally?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Either way. You hurt their credibility, there's no reason for them to extend that opportunity again unless you demonstrate a change in attitude and work ethic.

Everett

Forum Crew Member
pmed you

Also, I was think about taking first responder but, than I was told Nj does not care about it and we would get in trouble if we used first responders than I going the emt course again using my own money in sept.

Not everywhere.

New Jersey does have some rural areas where first responders are utilized. However, in some of the more urban areas they are. It really depends on the preference of the department/municipality.

OP
OP
italk

italk

Forum Crew Member
how am I going to demstrate that to them when I not even allowed to go on call anymore tell I go back to school

Everett

Forum Crew Member
how am I going to demstrate that to them when I not even allowed to go on call anymore tell I go back to school

Well simply put you, you have a variety of options:

Option #1
Resign from your current squad if you feel that your progression or reputation is limited. From there, join another rescue squad and take another EMT course while keeping in mind all the things that you've learned.

Option #2
Finish and enjoy high school. EMS will still be around after you graduate, trust me. After you graduate you can dedicate the majority of your time to studying and riding consistently.

Option #3
Go away to college and decide if you truly wanna go into EMS. If so, congratulations, but see what else it out there.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Nothing I listed really involves you actually going on calls. Attitude and work ethic are pretty broad categories with a lot of ways to demonstrate a positive change.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
from the other thread the OP posted:
They did not pass me or test me. Instead they dropped me from the program because of my temper,Hard time remembering stuff when playing patient. I was only good on the books. I was not kicked out but, they said come back in Feb for first responder than try the emt program again
maybe your squad and EMT course instructors are doing the right thing? I know you probably don't want to hear this, but if they dropped you because of your temper, as well as a hard time remembering stuff, than maybe EMS is not for you. And no, going to an online EMT program isn't the answer, because you will still need to deal with people sooner or later.

I know sometimes the truth hurts. Maybe after you have grown up a bit, had some time to mature, and gotten that temper of yours under control, you should give EMS and being an EMT another chance.

OP
OP
italk

italk

Forum Crew Member
I am not giving up! I wil do first responder pending than in sept I will do emt again

BrushBunny91

Forum Lieutenant
well. the best of luck you ya.