EMS Video

islandmedic

Forum Probie
Just wanted to share a short video I put together of our service here in Southern California. This is my critical care transport crew with one CCT-RN and two EMT's.

Feel free to add constructive criticism. I am no Spielberg. :rolleyes:

If anyone else has made anything similar, please share.

http://vimeo.com/71055023

No patients were harmed in the making of this video...;)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Thanks for sharing, cool video and keep up the good work!

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Why was the driver in the beginning of the movie learning how to operate the sirens as he was being filmed?

OP
OP
islandmedic

islandmedic

Forum Probie
Why was the driver in the beginning of the movie learning how to operate the sirens as he was being filmed?

He wasn't. We weren't in our normal rig and my partner (driver in the beginning) and I had gone over it in our morning checks. What you saw was our CCT-RN being a backseat driver and telling him he was doing it wrong. ;)

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Just curious. Do you go lights and sirens on all your CCTs?

OP
OP
islandmedic

islandmedic

Forum Probie
Just curious. Do you go lights and sirens on all your CCTs?

Negative. 9/10 times they are monitor, O2, saline lock, code 2 transports with the occasional drip or vent patient. By protocol we'll run code 3 for STEMI's and Neuro step up. There's always your random criticals that call for it as well as deterioration during transport.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Negative. 9/10 times they are monitor, O2, saline lock, code 2 transports with the occasional drip or vent patient. By protocol we'll run code 3 for STEMI's and Neuro step up. There's always your random criticals that call for it as well as deterioration during transport.

Same here. Our CCT-RN referred to some of ours as glorified BLS transports lol

Btw I thought you were Bowers when I first saw the uniforms in the video (up until I saw the logo on the side) lol

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
That was a cool video, I don't know why but I have alway liked it when there is both music and sirens at the same time in videos! What if you move up to a paramedic would you still be able to work there?

JPINFV

Gadfly
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt9zSfinwFA[/youtube]

OP
OP
islandmedic

islandmedic

Forum Probie
OP
OP
islandmedic

islandmedic

Forum Probie
That was a cool video, I don't know why but I have alway liked it when there is both music and sirens at the same time in videos! What if you move up to a paramedic would you still be able to work there?

Well I recently left that company for a 911 service but essentially no. Pacific doesn't have any private field medics because they are in Orange County. Their sister company Bowers does have private medics in LA County though. I have heard of guys transferring their once they get their medic card.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Nice video dude! That's an interesting siren setup, are they dual sirens?

My partner and I keep talking about making something similar, just not sure how our agency would look at it.

emt11

Forum Lieutenant
What was the name of the song?

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

My partner and I keep talking about making something similar, just not sure how our agency would look at it.

They're unitrol 480k with dual drivers. I miss having those sirens, they sound much better than our Helens, a very full tone if you will.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Same thing here. I would have to watch the video many times to make sure my company can't be identified. I have a slideshow/video of my deployment to NJ/NY for hurricane Sandy but no one has ever seen it haha

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Same thing here. I would have to watch the video many times to make sure my company can't be identified. I have a slideshow/video of my deployment to NJ/NY for hurricane Sandy but no one has ever seen it haha

Ya, you don't want to be one of those evoc video example s lol