Dumbest thing heard on the radio

Ace 227

Forum Lieutenant
This happened today at my fire dept. We had a vehicle fire and one of our officers arrived before the engine and established command. While approaching the scene, the officer on the engine called command and asked how far down the winding, back country road he was. He stated he was "about a mile, just past the burning car". lol

d0nk3yk0n9

Forum Crew Member
"xxxx to xxx, the alarm is from burned popcorn in the break room. You guys can cancel, I'll be resetting the alarm."
"xxx copies burned popcorn. Engine X, Engine Y, Ladder Z, you are clear to return to quarters. xxxx, let me know when you've got it reset."

xxxx was an on-scene campus "fire" unit, xxx is the duty chief of the incoming department.

mediKate

Forum Probie
"Dispatch, this is Smalltown xxx, can you get fire dispatched to our location as well, please? There is a dead deer on the road."
"10-4 Smalltown xxx, fire has been dispatched. Just need to confirm; is the deer obstructing traffic? And is there any debris on the road?"
"10-4 to both, dispatch!"
"Aaaaannnnddd... Smalltown 1A2, just had to ask ... is the deer dead because of YOU?"
"Nope! He was dead before I hit him!"
" ... "

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
Always fun to prank a partner...

We got canceled on a MVA, so I advised the hospital over the radio that we were returning. Then, after I took my finger of the transmit-button, I pretended to keep talking into the mike as I sang a few bars of "Time in a Bottle". My partner starts cracking up, thinking that I'm actually crooning to a nurse on the radio, and then snatches the mike out of my hand, hits the button and sings a few more bars!

pryor317

Forum Ride Along
you guys have it easy with dispatch!

Here are a couple things that I have heard from our dispatch just in the last few days. We are dispatched by a local volly fire dispatch and just now started being dispatched by are counties 911 center on top of the other.

(Dispatch) EMS go 10-8 to 1111 st. report of a man lying in a field. RP states he is blue and has flies all over him.:huh: (also 10-8 isnt even right).

We had a kid jump off a bluff inside a campground when it was closed. We couldn't get through several locked gates and requested fire to respond for assistance. Dispatch: "I don't know why you need them, the kid was probably just skipping school anyways" (over the radio). The kid was DOA.

And last but not least our dispatch hardly ever gets addresses.
"EMS go 10-8(not right again) to maple grove rd. caller states to turn right by the tree with the horse underneath it". By the time we got there the horse was gone and we are in the mark twain national forest surrounded by thousands of trees. We didn't know where to go and the pt had a severe stroke. We spent 3/4 of the golden hour looking for the residence because dispatch didn't get a call back number or anything else.

So next time when you think you have it bad.......:D

Earthworm Jim

Forum Probie
In my area (pretty much all of California) we don't get tornados.

Dispatch: "Medic 502 respond code 3 to hewett street for a kid stuck in a tornado"

Medic: "uhhhh confirming a tornado?"

Dispatch: "that's affirm. Uhhhh I'm gonna call fire and see what's up because that doesn't sound right."

Medic: "copy. Uhhh do we stage for tornados."

Hilarious, made me laugh out loud

Glider

Forum Probie
Head this just the other night.

G-50 is my fire company ambulance.

G-50: G-50 to ____ Comm.
*15 seconds*
G-50: This is G-50 to ____ Comm.
*30 seconds*
G-50: G-50 to Comm.
*30 seconds*
Comm: Sorry about that (yawning) G-50, i was on the uhhh... phone? Go head G-50

RichLew

Forum Probie
Oh no, I just know something I said as a student while giving radio reports is somewhere on this thread hahaha

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
"xxxx to xxx, the alarm is from burned popcorn in the break room. You guys can cancel, I'll be resetting the alarm."
"xxx copies burned popcorn. Engine X, Engine Y, Ladder Z, you are clear to return to quarters. xxxx, let me know when you've got it reset."

xxxx was an on-scene campus "fire" unit, xxx is the duty chief of the incoming department.

I'm missing how this is the dumbest thing you've heard on the radio?

Tri Cert Lad

Forum Ride Along
Committed

Years ago, as a full time EMS Dispatcher and a part time EMT, I would often be asked to work OT as an EMT at the end of my Dispatch shift, all for the same Department, in case somebody called in sick and they needed a warm body to fill a unit.

So I often worked both sides of the fence, and had friends on both sides, not to mention knowing the Nurses and Doctor's real well, but this happened in Dispatch one quiet, sleepy afternoon:

ALS XXX: ALS XXX? (Rookie, known to be very talkative, calling me)

DISPATCH: Go ahead ALS XXX.

ALS XXX: Can you tell me if ALS YYY is committed? (Emphasis on "committed")

(Pregnant Pause by me)

DISPATCH: "No he's not, but he ought to be!!! (Medic on YYY was a friend of mine.)"

Long Silence on the Air by Both of Us

ALS XXX: subdued 10-4 (For the first time, he's at a loss for words and his partner can be heard dying with laughter in the background.)

(ALS YYY is on the air also and heard everything and minutes into a call of their own, I can still hear laughter in their voices too.)

Later on, the Partner of the Rookie related to me that the look on his face was priceless and that was mainly why he was laughing (not to mention my remark also).

girlonfire

Forum Ride Along
Interesting alarm

When I was a dispatcher, one of my team mates dispatched an alarm to Ostrow Textiles. It went like this.

D4 respond to 10-85 (alarm) at Ostrow Testicles. I don't know how she managed to correct herself before laughing her head off.

DaDaEMT

Forum Ride Along
Got dispatched to an "expired person" upon response, dispatch asked if they should call the coroner.

Vladamir von bone

Forum Probie
Discharge from a hospital to a SNF i had a hard time getting to dispatch almost made it a discharge from hospital to cemetery

Dispatch: 123 what's your location?
123: 23 is at main and 1st st having a hard time locating drop off
Dispatch: Go straight on main until you reach Sherman then take a right and drop off should be past the black gates in front of you staff and family are rite there waiting on you
Me: copy that *proceeds to do so*
123: 23 to dispatch uh you gave us the wrong directions
Dispatch: come again no I didn't
Me: we made a right on Sherman like you said we pulled into a cemetery PT. informed us he doesn't need to be brought here just yet he still has some mileage left
Dispatch: :blink: sorry guys it was a left on Sherman

Last edited by a moderator:

Trauma's Mistress

Forum Crew Member
College Try

Listening to the radio right now

Dispatch --- Medic 44. No name Campus, an unconscious person at student center in the bathroom.

Medic 44 --- Copy that en route. * a few mins later - they were close by * Dispatch this is Medic 44 on location ... we are going to go ahead and give it the college try ...

LMAO

xrsm002

Forum Captain
Heard on the radio the other day medic calling in patient report going code three said "we are coming in with the woo woos on".

Eddie2170

Forum Probie
We had a call a few years ago on fire:

...fire department respond to an aminal, an am am aminal, AN AN-IM-AL rescue...

needless to say we could not stop laughing from the page

luckily the dog was fine, just stuck

emtAsh

Forum Probie
A while back the local EMS had a call to a young boy who had his "stuff" zipped in his pants. EMS got on the radio and told dispatch they were in route to a FRANK AND BEANS call... EMS cleared the ER and the next call they had was a lady with a roach in her ear same neighborhood.

emtAsh

Forum Probie
Also I called on the radio to have a Police Unit en route to my location in reference to unruly juveniles. I referenced the house as the one with the COW mailbox. Dispatch then told PD that it was the house with a cow tied to the tree... WOW!

Haley124

Forum Ride Along
DIspatch: "Medic ____,Dispatched to a down and out at _______________..........No, scratch that. the victim got up and walked away.....wait...man down again.....Im not sure caller knows whats going on. Just go check it out"