Do you use the PAs?

ma2va92

Forum Lieutenant
Our new truck just arrived...... 2005... and .. came with a PA... wells there one more thing we won't use.. so many things on it.. that ya have to take... but don't really need

CodeSurfer

Forum Captain
I start my new shift in about a week and our new rig should be in pretty close to then.... and we have a PA!!!!! We run from 1pm-1am, and should be able to put that to use a little bit. :p

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
The main use for the PA mic is to make the Pac-Man noise while the siren is going. You know the Wa-Uh, Wa-Uh as he is eating the dots. It works on Wail once you get the timing down. :D

vtemti

Forum Captain
I only use the PA during parades, but if it is late at night you can use it in conjunction with the spot light to call the deer for jacking. :D Just kidding. :lol:

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
So I get on the PA "Hey, A$$hole, the lights mean theres an emergency and the siren means get the f**k out of the street"

man, i'd use that PA a lot more if i could get away with that language!

:p

~S~

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
its easy to get away with that kind of stuff, as long as your service runs more than two units at a time. just mask the unit number and screw around at will

however, just obscuring the unit number in and of it self could be seen as a fireable offense, so proceed at your own risk

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Each of our ambulances has a different color scheme, so covering the unit number wouldn't help. ;)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by KEVD18@Jul 11 2005, 09:13 PM
its easy to get away with that kind of stuff, as long as your service runs more than two units at a time. just mask the unit number and screw around at will

however, just obscuring the unit number in and of it self could be seen as a fireable offense, so proceed at your own risk
Great thing is that most of the large transport Co's use uniform colored fleets, with White as the base color.

A little bit of 2-inch medical tape, and you can obscure the unit number, and with some Co's, the Co's Telephone number (as a "how's my driving" number)

Then you can get away with more, so long as you don't get seen by someone from your Co. who can recognize the rig by the lightbar, manufacturer and year..... like me an PaRescue.......... :rolleyes: :lol:

Jon

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
When traffis is real congested.. we attempt to tell people to pull to the left;
However.. we did have one pull the right.. my partner said "Your other Left !".. the person quickly pelled to the left then...LOL

Be safe,
Ridryder 911

emtd29

Forum Lieutenant
I don't need no stinkin PA...( besides, we're not really allowed to use them )

I gots me an AIR HORN!!!!!!!

People DO Move!!!

( most of the time, anyway )

emschicksrock

Forum Ride Along
Yes, we are in an unusual situation where we use the PA all the time for traffic control. I work in a tourist area, and there are lots of horses around. We can't use a siren, so we have to "Announce" our presence via voice.

Summit

Critical Crazy
Singing along with Metallica over the PA...

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by Summit@Jul 27 2005, 06:13 PM
Excellent taste :D

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by emschicksrock@Jul 26 2005, 11:59 PM
Yes, we are in an unusual situation where we use the PA all the time for traffic control. I work in a tourist area, and there are lots of horses around. We can't use a siren, so we have to "Announce" our presence via voice.
Nice!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Wingnut+Jul 27 2005, 08:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wingnut @ Jul 27 2005, 08:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Summit@Jul 27 2005, 06:13 PM
Excellent taste :D [/b][/quote]
Yep... even better... using the PA to make the music EVEN LOUDER!!!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by emtd29@Jul 16 2005, 10:41 PM
I don't need no stinkin PA...( besides, we're not really allowed to use them )

I gots me an AIR HORN!!!!!!!

People DO Move!!!

( most of the time, anyway )
Yep.... I'm upset, though, because we used to have a "chain" and switch for the airhorn in the one rig, but the chain was removed..... seems some folks didn't like other folks using the airhorn as the primary warning device.... :D

rescuejew

Forum Lieutenant
Ahhh, the PA, my favorite peice of equipment next to the air horn.

Although, there was that one time the rookie went to pick up the PA and shouted: "Get out of the way dumba**!" and when communications said "10-9?", our little rookie got into a big pile'o'trouble...!!! The dummy had picked up the radio...ooops!

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuejew@Aug 12 2005, 01:19 PM
Ahhh, the PA, my favorite peice of equipment next to the air horn.

Although, there was that one time the rookie went to pick up the PA and shouted: "Get out of the way dumba**!" and when communications said "10-9?", our little rookie got into a big pile'o'trouble...!!! The dummy had picked up the radio...ooops!
I did that once. At which point dispatch responded "Unit calling, wrong mic, try the other one". :D

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuejew+Aug 12 2005, 01:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rescuejew @ Aug 12 2005, 01:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Ahhh, the PA, my favorite peice of equipment next to the air horn.[/b]

Yeah..... espicially if it is a REAL airhorn...

<!--QuoteBegin-rescuejew
@Aug 12 2005, 01:19 PM
Although, there was that one time the rookie went to pick up the PA and shouted: "Get out of the way dumba**!" and when communications said "10-9?", our little rookie got into a big pile'o'trouble...!!! The dummy had picked up the radio...ooops![/quote]

NICE!!!!! Probably reason #20 on the list at the squad to justify not having PA's

DFDEMS

Forum Crew Member
We had a crew last year that was responding to call around Christmas playing “jingle Bells” etc over the PA instead of the siren. Those that couldn’t see the humor in it and didn't pull to the right got the air horn I guess..