AMR Ellis County: *Highest Paid if on 12 hr (But FT can only go on 24's)*
(24 hr) $13.82
(12 hr) $20.10
Annual $46K
(Protocols have ketamine and PAI)

AMR Arlington:
(Only 12 hr shifts): $19.12
Annual $43K
(Protocols are very basic. No Ketamine.)

Medstar Fort Worth: *Highest paid if on 24 hr*
(All shifts) $18.77
(Protocols include PAI with ketamine but RSI on the CCEMTP 911 side.)

AMR Johnson County:
(24 hr) $12.59
(12 hr) $18.31
Annual $42K
(Protocols are about the same as Ellis, without TXA and a few other drugs)

Careflite:
(12 hr) Approx $16-17
(Has RSI last time I checked)

AMR Collin County:
(24 hr) $10.00
(12 hr) $14.55
Annual $33.2K
(Very good protocols. RSI, haldol, toradol, ketamine. No vents or pumps though.)

AMR Hunt County:
(24 hr) Approx $9.00
(12 hr) Approx $14.00
(Most aggressive protocols. Almost the same as Collin County, with a few extra things.)

All pay information was gathered by contacting each department's HR, recruiter, or operation manager directly.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
This isn’t even a contest. MedStar, by three Texases, is a better service.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Damn I didn't realize DFW metroplex pay was that much lower than most 911 services in the Houston Metro, not even counting the transfer services

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Nine dollars an hour for medics...the nicest equipment and greatest protocols couldn't make up for that.

RocketMedic

Damn I didn't realize DFW metroplex pay was that much lower than most 911 services in the Houston Metro, not even counting the transfer services
DFW is the LA of Texas.

RocketMedic

Hunt County is terrible pay. AMR, in general, does not pay well in Texas. Exception being Houston and San Antonio.

KingCountyMedic

Forum Lieutenant
That's pretty close to what I was getting at AMR in Washington State 20 years ago. You can't spell Walmart without AMR! Just sad.

RocketMedic

That's pretty close to what I was getting at AMR in Washington State 20 years ago. You can't spell Walmart without AMR! Just sad.

They can’t afford Walmart. Dollar Tree all the way for AMR Hunt County.

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
That's pretty sad pay scales. Heard Texas has a low cost of living, but you need that with those wages.

Just got back from my annual trip to the north Texas hill country. I love the area, but I would not do well with the heat and humidity. Cold and wind chill are easier to deal with.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
That's pretty sad pay scales. Heard Texas has a low cost of living, but you need that with those wages.

Just got back from my annual trip to the north Texas hill country. I love the area, but I would not do well with the heat and humidity. Cold and wind chill are easier to deal with.
Not all of TX has low pay like that. I clear 60k w/ no extra OT except mandatory M&Ms and training. The nice part is no state income tax, though.

RocketMedic

Not all of TX has low pay like that. I clear 60k w/ no extra OT except mandatory M&Ms and training. The nice part is no state income tax, though.
Houston is one of the best paid areas in the nation.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Hence why I spent some money on a California paramedic license lol
Ive been in CA my whole life and career, 10 years and my soul to AMR, finally went FD a few years ago. honestly it's the best route if you want any sort of longevity, retirement, quality of life, etc.

RocketMedic

Ive been in CA my whole life and career, 10 years and my soul to AMR, finally went FD a few years ago. honestly it's the best route if you want any sort of longevity, retirement, quality of life, etc.

How is the Central Valley?

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Why the hourly rate difference between 12 hour shifts and 24's? Work is work. Do they just not want to pay overtime?

RocketMedic

Why the hourly rate difference between 12 hour shifts and 24's? Work is work. Do they just not want to pay overtime?

In their minds, 24 hour shift employees do less, and are thus worth less.

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
In their minds, 24 hour shift employees do less, and are thus worth less.

Dumbest thing I have ever heard. Or you can totally get your *** handed to ya all shift for less money. I guess if there are still people willing to tolerate that crap from employers and work for less money just because of the shift they do the employers will continue to pull that crap.