Melloj1

Forum Ride Along
Ok. While going through the fire academy for AEMT I was accused of cheating on my final (I didn't) so I had a hearing and they said they think I did and i was expelled from the course and there for could not get my license or test for registry. They then said I would have to find somewhere else to get licensed.

I then enrolled at a local college and got licensed there with no incident. I have since worked as an AEMT for almost 2 yrs with zero issue and I've had 3 jobs in the field. Yestersay I get a letter from a state investigator saying he is looking into allegations filed against me that could affect my ability to practice in the state. I call and he tells me I am being investigated for me supposedly cheating during my first attempt at getting licensed 2 yrs ago. Mind you after this i went to a completely different school and got licensed and i've been working for nearly 2 years since then. If i loose my license would i be Ble to get licensed again? Would I need to go to another state. I was about to try and start college for nurseing and eventually head to doctor. With this stop me from going into the medical field all together, as well?

Last edited:

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
A little clarification is needed
Ok. While going through the fire academy for AEMT I was accused of cheating on my final. I didnt so I had a hearing and they said I was expelled from the course and there for could not get my license or teat for registry. They then said I would have to find somewhere else to get licensed.
so you didn't cheat, had a hearing where they concluded you didn't cheat, and expelled you anyway? or they had sufficient evidence to conclude that you did cheat, even if you didn't, and were expelled?
I then enrolled at a local college and got licensed there with no incident. I have since worked as an AEMT for almost 2 yrs with zero issue and I've had 3 jobs in the field.
so you took another class, passed all the exams (with no accusation of cheating), and are now working.... I'm following you....
Yestersay I get a letter from a state investigator saying he is looking into allegations filed against me that could affect my ability to practice in the state. I call and he tells me I am being investigated for me supposedly cheating during my first attempt at getting licensed 2 yrs ago. Mind you after this i qent to a comply different school and got licensed and i've been working for nearly 2 years since then. What are the ods of me loosing my license? I was about to try and start college for nurseing and eventuring head to do tor. With this stoome from going into the medical field all together, as well?
Could you lose your license? yep. what are the odds? this isn't blackjack, it is based on what the investigator decides, and what steps the DOH (or whatever agency regulates you) decide to take based on the findings.

This may or may not affect you, should you choose to do a non-EMS career. It might show up in a background check, or it might not. If you want to to nurses, it likely will not affect your license, however, it can affect your ability to gain employment.

i used to work with an EMT who became a cop. after he was picked up by PD, he let his EMT expire (because he had no intention of ever going back to EMS), so when he started receiving notices to appear for an investigation, he just ignored the letters. What were they going to do? his EMT expired, and he didn't want to get involved in it, and the worst they could do was yank his EMT creds, which already expired. Which worked great, until the DOH contacted his employer, who ordered him to go meet with the investigator.....

But echoing what @akflightmedic said, towards the end of your post, your command of the english language deteriorated. might want to get that looked at by a doctor.

OP
OP
M

Melloj1

Forum Ride Along
A little clarification is needed
so you didn't cheat, had a hearing where they concluded you didn't cheat, and expelled you anyway? or they had sufficient evidence to conclude that you did cheat, even if you didn't, and were expelled?
so you took another class, passed all the exams (with no accusation of cheating), and are now working.... I'm following you....Could you lose your license? yep. what are the odds? this isn't blackjack, it is based on what the investigator decides, and what steps the DOH (or whatever agency regulates you) decide to take based on the findings.

This may or may not affect you, should you choose to do a non-EMS career. It might show up in a background check, or it might not. If you want to to nurses, it likely will not affect your license, however, it can affect your ability to gain employment.

i used to work with an EMT who became a cop. after he was picked up by PD, he let his EMT expire (because he had no intention of ever going back to EMS), so when he started receiving notices to appear for an investigation, he just ignored the letters. What were they going to do? his EMT expired, and he didn't want to get involved in it, and the worst they could do was yank his EMT creds, which already expired. Which worked great, until the DOH contacted his employer, who ordered him to go meet with the investigator.....

But echoing what @akflightmedic said, towards the end of your post, your command of the english language deteriorated. might want to get that looked at by a doctor.
So you think my time in any form of the medical field might be done. Even though i was able to get licensed somewhere else?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
What I said was it's a possibility, and that is based on what the investigator finds and what the DOH decides to do.

You could also get hit by a bus tomorrow, struck by lightening, and win the lottery.

I didn't say you were going to lose your job, or license, only that it was a possibility. There is an equally valid chance that you will be cleared of any wrongdoing. or the investigator finds enough cause to say you cheated, and your academy was right to expel you, however since you completed another course and passed it without cheating, than there is nothing for him to do, except recommend you be sent on your way to continue working in EMS.

Your asking a bunch of random people on the internet what they think of a situation where they don't have all the facts, and the outcome is based on what the findings are of a 3rd party. Can you lose your license? yes, it is a possibility. It is also possible that nothing will happen. both are possibilities. I'm not going to say one is more likely than the other, but yes, there is a chance that your EMS career is over (but that doesn't mean I am saying your EMS career is over, only that it's one of several possibilities).

OP
OP
M

Melloj1

Forum Ride Along
What I said was it's a possibility, and that is based on what the investigator finds and what the DOH decides to do.

You could also get hit by a bus tomorrow, struck by lightening, and win the lottery.

I didn't say you were going to lose your job, or license, only that it was a possibility. There is an equally valid chance that you will be cleared of any wrongdoing. or the investigator finds enough cause to say you cheated, and your academy was right to expel you, however since you completed another course and passed it without cheating, than there is nothing for him to do, except recommend you be sent on your way to continue working in EMS.

Your asking a bunch of random people on the internet what they think of a situation where they don't have all the facts, and the outcome is based on what the findings are of a 3rd party. Can you lose your license? yes, it is a possibility. It is also possible that nothing will happen. both are possibilities. I'm not going to say one is more likely than the other, but yes, there is a chance that your EMS career is over (but that doesn't mean I am saying your EMS career is over, only that it's one of several possibilities).
Thank you.