Coronavirus Discussion Thread

RedBlanketRunner

Opheophagus Hannah Cuddler
If you put anything on your face to use as a “glue”, you just adhered any bio hazard onto and into your skin.
If the contamination hazard is that critical use alcohol for the starch wetting agent of course. Or povidone iodine. You can also use that as an weak adhesive by itself.
Additionally, though it will look weird, povidone iodine is the cats meow for those contaminated places like the edges of the nail beds when you don't have a scrub brush and antiseptic soap handy.

The world is wall to wall problems. The fun part is finding solutions for them.
Thinking outside the box is often optional in clinical situations but mandatory outside of them.

Last edited:

Sled Driver

In a Wuhan Wet Market
FEMA is sending 250 buses and
500 EMT's & Paramedics to NYC

Per FNC

Per the situation I don't think NYC REMAC or NYS DOH will be saying we don't recognize NR or other States Certs' / Licenses etc. at this point willingness to go into harms way counts more than whose card is in your pocket, MHO.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
If the contamination hazard is that critical use alcohol for the starch wetting agent of course. Or povidone iodine. You can also use that as an weak adhesive by itself.
Additionally, though it will look weird, povidone iodine is the cats meow for those contaminated places like the edges of the nail beds when you don't have a scrub brush and antiseptic soap handy.

The world is wall to wall problems. The fun part is finding solutions for them.
Thinking outside the box is often optional in clinical situations but mandatory outside of them.

I really don't think I'm going to glue anything to my face, to be honest.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
089a5f13e77270ac6dccce1ee5594560.jpg
Duct tape fixes all.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
I’ll bet this all that ****in’ ***** Carol Baskins fault!

RedBlanketRunner

I really don't think I'm going to glue anything to my face, to be honest.
Give it some serious thought. That mask stays in place and does NOT MOVE. If you have to adjust it, tweak it around or whatever, you stand a good chance you contaminated it and removing it later can be much more difficult.
The #1 source of self contamination is hands to face. Adjusting your mask is an invitation for something to get past it.

Doc at hospital had more post op infections than all other surgeons combined. Observing him in the OR he had a habit of moving his mask about with the back of his hand.

Last edited:

Sled Driver

In a Wuhan Wet Market
Todays FDNY advisory
Any currently cert' EMT or P on the Fire side of the house, will immediately report to the EMS side of the house for backfill duty.

I wonder how long before FDNY puts out a call for recently retired FDNY to come back to work...

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Todays FDNY advisory
Any currently cert' EMT or P on the Fire side of the house, will immediately report to the EMS side of the house for backfill duty.

I wonder how long before FDNY puts out a call for recently retired FDNY to come back to work...
What's backfill

OP
OP
Akulahawk

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
What's backfill
If/when there's an open slot in the EMS schedule, you pull "qualified" people from elsewhere in the department to fill that slot.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Damn, so two of our FFs at the same station have come down positive. They're shutting the station down overnight fir cleaning/disinfect, and the guys who normally work there are all on home quarantine while they're gonna bring in OT guys to work there in the meantime....

RedBlanketRunner

If/when there's an open slot in the EMS schedule, you pull "qualified" people from elsewhere in the department to fill that slot.
Sounds very FD. But if you think about it, their flexibility strongly lends to effectiveness. I'm thinking of when I was a seasonal on wildland fires and how they would play musical chairs with the people power to get boots on the ground where it was needed most as fast as possible. I bounced from brush axe to supply delivery to quick attack to EMT back up.