Coronavirus Discussion Thread

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Yet it's the biggest news story of the year with major social, financial, educational, political, cultural, professional, and recreational implications for many of us.
And most importantly, suspending baseball!!!!!!!

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
And most importantly, suspending baseball!!!!!!!

I'm more upset about hockey. I'll have to find something else to watch that doesn't involve politics, talent shows, or real housewives.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Yay...Maine got its first case today.

Spring break has been extended an extra week for now while they decide what to do next. They are most likely going online for remainder of semester.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Interesting thought....I was reading some of the course stuff I got from DMAT training at Ft Detrick. Any thoughts this wuhan flu is actually a beta test for something stronger, seeing as it came from the area of a bioweps lab?

It’s been and being discussed.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
FiremanMike; You may want to check; 2 major cruise lines cancelled all cruises for at least 60 days.

Phillyrube

Leading Chief
Got back from Bahamas last Friday. Saturday I had a throat tickle sort of cough, which got worse. Saw the doc Monday, ended up with steroids and Zpack. No temp at all. Not blowing green. That is on decline. Wife wakes up this morning with low grade fever and cough. We only live together. AND, I pick up my niece and two girlfriends from their cruise this am.
Rode my bike through UCF yesterday, it's spring break but place is like a ghost town. Had my coffee with no one to look at.
Stay safe, everyone.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Do you have a contract or MOU? Your company might get some $$$. You can always refuse to respond to the station if called due to a “risk to your health”...

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Do you have a contract or MOU? Your company might get some $$$. You can always refuse to respond to the station if called due to a “risk to your health”...
I actually makes a lot of sense to isolate risky people

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
I predict a baby boom around next Christmas time.
We’re going to need it when this thing is done with the elderly (according to the statistics).

I still think this panic and overreaction is way out of proportion. This isn't planning and prudence- it is absolute madness.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
We’re going to need it when this thing is done with the elderly (according to the statistics).

I still think this panic and overreaction is way out of proportion. This isn't planning and prudence- it is absolute madness.
I heard it called the Boomer Remover and it seems apt.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I actually makes a lot of sense to isolate risky people

How are they any “riskier” than anyone else?
If there is a signed contract, you can’t just break it because you’re scared. This is a FLU, not Ebola. Jesus, The Stupid is rampant!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well my FD just put this out:

Due to the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, the Honolulu Fire Department will not participate in community events, provide fire safety presentations, or host museum tours until further notice. For those with an already scheduled event you will be contacted.

Last I heard there were still only 2 confirmed cases, both in isolation...