Coffee: What's your brand?

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
When she gets coffee in bed, it's Starbucks beans, I don't drink much coffee at home.. When we're out, it's Starbucks too. I'm not a regular unless it's really cold out at work, but I like my Triple Venti, Extra Hot, Peppermint White Mocha with whip.

yowzer

Forum Lieutenant
I like small local microroasters who sell organic fair trade coffee. Then, since I don't like the actual taste of coffee, I order it smothered it in a mocha.

Caffe Ladro's my current favorite. When it comes to big chains, Tully's is okay. Starbucks is a last resort type place.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I like small local microroasters who sell organic fair trade coffee. Then, since I don't like the actual taste of coffee, I order it smothered it in a mocha.

Caffe Ladro's my current favorite. When it comes to big chains, Tully's is okay. Starbucks is a last resort type place.

Mmmm and my mother in law just sent us a can of cuban coffee from tampa.. mmmmmmmmmm now that's a reason to get up in the morning!

Anu

Forum Crew Member
Personally I love fresh brewed deli coffee, with cream (or soy if available), and raw sugar. Folgers and Nescafe are great for the home roast. Starbucks makes excellent house coffee, and it's not that much more expensive than deli coffee. Their blended drinks are a little too fattening, so I stay away.. with the exception of the seasonal pumpkin spice latte, a delicious treat during the cold winter months.

I'm a big coffee lover, so I thought I'd put in my two cents.. :blush:

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
I like drinking organic fair trade coffee.
but when I'm around I'll stop by a Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts for an espresso based drink.

OP
OP
JonTullos

JonTullos

Forum Captain
I'm a Starbucks Mocha with 1/2 shot of chocolate kind of girl. All through Medic School and my Internship, I always had one with me. One day, I had just arrived at the station when the guys got tapped for an MVA on I-5My Captain told me to "Run, they'll be picking you up on the corner". So, brand-new mocha in hand, I ran as fast as I could in my jumpsuit. I wasn't about to leave my coffee-I'd just paid $3.00 for that thing! When the Medic Unit pulled up, my preceptor rolled down the window and jokingly yelled, "Any one ever tell you that YOU RUN LIKE A GIRL?" (I AM a girl!!:p), followed shortly by, "You must have stock in Starbucks!"....Ah, good times....On days off, I am a true coffee snob, with a machine that grinds then brews the beans immediately. I always use dark french roast for this. That machine does everything but bring me my coffee in bed! Maybe someone can create a machine for that?! :p

My wife and I got a grind-and-brew for a wedding gift and I love it! I'm all about some freshly ground coffee.

Dobby

Forum Probie
Im a Jacobs Croning cofee lover! Theres nothing like a strong cup of cofee to wake you up. In the morning I have two cups of cofee before leaving for work otherwise its a bad start to the day :p. I"d say Im an average caffiene fan.
My husband on the other hand is a caffiene "junkie" cofee,coke,redbull is probably what pumps in his veins.

Its a pity we dont have the amazing cofee you guys do. :)

RESQ_5_1

Forum Lieutenant
I'm pretty sure anyone living here North of the border is gonna say Timmy's. It is by far the BEST coffee on the planet. And, I know cuz I've had coffee in 12 different countries.

Make mine a triple/triple. At home, it's usually just Kirkland coffee from CostCo or IGA. But, if brewed correctly, ANY coffee will do (except Starbucks. That stuff don't taste right and I shouldn't have to use up to 6 words to order a cup of Joe)

apagea99

Forum Lieutenant
A favorite Ghost Busters line of mine goes something like this:

"Do you want some coffee?"
"Do I?"
"Yes, have some."
"Yes, have some."

That's pretty much my answer...."yes, have some". I'm not a coffee snob, though I do like to grind my own beans.......and I there is a particularly amazing brand in Venezuela called Cafe Madrid......so, I guess I am a coffee snob! :p But since I can't get Cafe Madrid here, I'll settle for pretty much any coffee I can get my hands on as long as there's no sugar, cream, or other froo froo garbage in it.

crash_cart

Forum Crew Member
Maxwell House Dark Roast in the mornings, Folgers Decaf in the afternoon. The latter has excellent flavor actually.:D

JAM-EMT

Forum Crew Member
Nothin better than Community Coffee New Orleans Blend (with chickory). Taste JUST like at Cafe Du Monde.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
Large Dunkin' Donuts iced (regardless of season) when out of the house.
Eight O'Clock beans ground to something near a fine powder and made into espresso at home. Without the silly amounts of steamed milk, sugar, and flavoring that Starbucks adds.
When studying, Vitamin Energy or coffee-flavored energy drinks.

firecoins

IFT Puppet

tydek07

Forum Captain
Just informing you guys that I have found a new brand of coffee! :D Way better the Folgers.

The brand is: Cameron's and the flavor is: Woods & Waters - I am addicted to it! :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
I don't like coffee that taste like coffee so I will have to go with the double chocolate frappuccino from Starbucks. I am addicted to Red Bulls, though not coffee still keeps me going at night.

Second

Forum Lieutenant
MD, redbull, monster, rip-it, coffie, starbucks(white chocolate moca) and a few others keep me going.