Coffee: What's your brand?

JonTullos

Forum Captain
In the same vein as the "how much coffee" thread... what's your brand of java? I love Community Coffee but I also like Starbucks. I got some whole Starbucks beans for Christmas and I think I'm going to break into soon. :-D

Jon

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I live in Seattle and think that Starbucks is overrated. However, I'm not a big extra shot/ no whip/super hot/half caff/no foam/soy latte kind of guy

I'm a fan of any place that brews a LOT of coffee, so it's always fresh. Truth be told, the 7-11 by my house always has great, fresh, hot coffee.

I grew up in Connecticut, so I'm still partial to Dunkin' Donuts. “The official coffee of New England”.

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
Starbucks pumpkin spice latte!!

I can't live w/o it I wish it was not just seasonal.

DR_KSIDE

Forum Crew Member
I like to stick with my Folgers, Classsic Roast... can't help it, I grew up on it.

NJN

The Young One
Maxwell House
Or Dunkin
Depending on where i am.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
redbull, original, 12oz, keep em cold and keep em coming

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
On shift and needing a boost, Starbucks Triple Grande White Mocha. REALLY needing a boost, and got the time, a Grande French Pressed Verona Black Eye, with just a touch of half and half so I don't give myself an ulcer. Otherwise, I stick to diet Sunkist Orange Soda. (100 points if anyone just realized they've worked with me, and can prove it)

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I'm a hot chocolate kind of guy... I'll drink a mocha if I have nothing else and I am desperate for a hot liquid.

EMT-B2B

Forum Crew Member
Maxwell House or Folgers! Just straight coffee. No sugar, no cream, no Starbucks! In need of a good boost? Then Monster Locha Mocha or Mean Bean!

Last edited by a moderator:

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I only drink coffee rarely. The coffee I keep around the house for my husband to drink and to serve for guests is generally a nice medium roast, fair trade organic coffee that is roasted in nearby Port Townsend and sold at the food co-op there. Starbucks tastes burnt to me. I've tried it more than once, several flavors and I just don't care for it. I grew up with espresso meaning a small cup of plain, dark, unsweetened coffee served without whipped cream and a cherry after a meal. To paraphrase Bill Maher.. if your coffee comes with whipped cream, syrup, chocolate sprinkles and a cherry, its not coffee.. it's a milkshake.

tydek07

Forum Captain
I run on Folgers while at home. While at work, its usually Starbucks.

FutureFlightMedic

Forum Lieutenant
I'm a Starbucks Mocha with 1/2 shot of chocolate kind of girl. All through Medic School and my Internship, I always had one with me. One day, I had just arrived at the station when the guys got tapped for an MVA on I-5My Captain told me to "Run, they'll be picking you up on the corner". So, brand-new mocha in hand, I ran as fast as I could in my jumpsuit. I wasn't about to leave my coffee-I'd just paid $3.00 for that thing! When the Medic Unit pulled up, my preceptor rolled down the window and jokingly yelled, "Any one ever tell you that YOU RUN LIKE A GIRL?" (I AM a girl!!:p), followed shortly by, "You must have stock in Starbucks!"....Ah, good times....On days off, I am a true coffee snob, with a machine that grinds then brews the beans immediately. I always use dark french roast for this. That machine does everything but bring me my coffee in bed! Maybe someone can create a machine for that?! :p

frogtat2

Forum Crew Member
Coffee

Man, I must really live in the middle of BFE!!!!!!!! We don't have any of those fancy coffee places here. You get convience store brewed or home brewed. For my own personal taste, I can't drink coffee. It puts a hole in my gut. If I'm in need of something hot, its hot chocolate. If it's energy I need, it's Mt. Dew AMP all the way!!!

FireStrut

Forum Crew Member
Folgers and 8 o'clock coffee or what ever is on hand.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
On days off, I am a true coffee snob, with a machine that grinds then brews the beans immediately. I always use dark french roast for this. That machine does everything but bring me my coffee in bed! Maybe someone can create a machine for that?! :p

They have invented one. It's called a husband.

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
That machine does everything but bring me my coffee in bed! Maybe someone can create a machine for that?! :p[/I]

It's called a good man, there are a few of us left out there.

FutureFlightMedic

Forum Lieutenant
I'll tell you, if a good man brought me coffee in bed, I'd be one happy woman...:rolleyes: