Chicago Fire

Achilles

Forum Moron
just like this department?[YOUTUBE]YzYxz_uvtSI[/YOUTUBE]

That group (freeway patrol make some pretty funny videos) same with fireman name and police man perry.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
That group (freeway patrol make some pretty funny videos) same with fireman name and police man perry.
I believe it's Jake & Perry.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I did just happen to see part of Chicago fire by chance, and it was pretty bad. I saw a scene where a kid was trapped in a car wreck, and in order to see the side of the kids head to tell if it was injured or not, the Paramedic tells the kid to turn her head so she could look. I guess thats one way of clearing c spine.

Normal ROM without pain is part of our c-spine clearance protocol....albeit a few things need to be done before that but for what it's worth it's not uncommon for me to ask my patients to do the exact same thing...

Ill say it again, if it was 100% accurate no one would watch it. In reality our job isn't all that exciting most of the time.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I did just happen to see part of Chicago fire by chance, and it was pretty bad. I saw a scene where a kid was trapped in a car wreck, and in order to see the side of the kids head to tell if it was injured or not, the Paramedic tells the kid to turn her head so she could look. I guess thats one way of clearing c spine.

So... they were applying the Canadian C-Spine Rule?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
So... they were applying the Canadian C-Spine Rule?

tezapega.jpg

Canadian C collar?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I'd prefer an upvote button. But I really do like this show. It's good and entertaining. Not too over the top either.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I'd prefer an upvote button. But I really do like this show. It's good and entertaining. Not too over the top either.

I have to agree, an up vote button would be awesome. Then again, I would just end up going on random upvoting sprees.

Ghostnineone

Forum Probie
I have to admit that there were times I would stop watching "Paramedics" because nothing interesting happens. Which, you know, is okay because that's how it really is since its a documentary show. But sometimes it was just boring. I don't know how medically accurate Untold stories of the ER is but I think I've seen every episode and I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode of Trauma: life in the ER.

Was third watch any accurate? I used to watch that show as a kid.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Untold Stories is probably accurate, but I can't get over the cheesiness from the reenacting.

Ghostnineone

Forum Probie
The reenactments are pretty cheesy sometimes. They're much better at re enacting medicine than police work, they had a swat team in one of them for a hospital shooting and it was hilarious to see how cheesy the swat team was acting.

Asclepius911

Forum Lieutenant
Now I know why I can't ever be a great medic I am not a lesbian who performs pericardiocentesis en route to an ER, or maybe because I never done an amputation while being on morphine? Or maybe because I never put make up on my patient.... I dont think that my experience in EMS is sufficient to work for Chicago fire.... Lol

hogwiley

Forum Captain
Normal ROM without pain is part of our c-spine clearance protocol....albeit a few things need to be done before that but for what it's worth it's not uncommon for me to ask my patients to do the exact same thing...

Ill say it again, if it was 100% accurate no one would watch it. In reality our job isn't all that exciting most of the time.

Well I would think at least a cursery exam of their neck is performed before asking them to go through ROM. In the show the paramedic immediately yelled at the kid through the closed passenger window to turn her head all the way to the side so she could see her the side of her head.

Granted I understand its only entertainment, but the only show of this kind I ever watched before was reruns of the old 70s show EMERGENCY!, and they seemed to get things pretty much right. I read the two lead actors in the show actually went through Paramedic school prior to the first episode. By comparison I doubt the actors of this new show even know CPR.