Best Pranks

Medic One

Forum Lieutenant
We have one guy at work that surfs Facebook and the web most of his shift. We found an old keyboard and put Chia Pet seeds in the keyboard and waited the week or so for it to grow (needs misting of water daily with a plastic wrap cover).
It was great we replaced the matching keyboard and left a note it read..."we know you like to snack while GRAZING the web so we figured this would keep your hunger down"

Then we gave him a tide stick to use on his fingers to get the grass stains out.

HasTy

Forum Lieutenant
We have one guy at work that surfs Facebook and the web most of his shift. We found an old keyboard and put Chia Pet seeds in the keyboard and waited the week or so for it to grow (needs misting of water daily with a plastic wrap cover).
It was great we replaced the matching keyboard and left a note it read..."we know you like to snack while GRAZING the web so we figured this would keep your hunger down"

Then we gave him a tide stick to use on his fingers to get the grass stains out.

Nice M1 That is awesome...while I have not done alot of pranking in EMS with my theatre gigs we love to prank alot my favorite is when we went in to the restroom and took the leading mans towel while he was in the shower and replaced with his t-shirt (non costume) now mind you he was blind as a bat so he just grabbed it and started to dry off came out to get dressed and put his glasses on and realized it...

Asimurk

Forum Captain
I'm with HasTy on this one in that I don't have any EMS stories, but...

Guy was walking towards the company vehicle, and I had the key fob for it. He doesn't know I'm nearby and he thinks the thing is unlocked already. At about ten paces away I hit the panic button and the horn starts blaring on and off while he's walking towards it. He looks at the vehicle and turns around, a few paces away I turn the alarm off and he turns around and stares at the thing like, "What has just happened?"

Same guy, only this time he's got the keys. On a lunch break he grabbed something from the vehicle and we walked to a fast food place a couple blocks away. He leaves the keys on the table, and right in front of them I grab the keys and put them in my pocket. We get back to work and I ask him about the keys, he doesn't have them on him, so he books it back to the fast food place to get them.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Multiple unprofessional threads such as this exist already. May I suggest a search of "pranks".

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Multiple unprofessional threads such as this exist already. May I suggest a search of "pranks".

May I suggest you lighten up a bit. :rolleyes:

Neither of the two EMS pranks already described made any EMS professional appear unprofessional to the public at large. The public didn't know what was going on.

Pranks are also pulled by firefighters and police officers. Pranks are also pulled by theater workers, apparently. Pranks are also pulled by lawyers, accountants, and stock brokers, too. There are pranksters in every profession.

As long as nobody gets hurt, and nobody is made to look stupid, silly, or foolish in public, then I for one don't have a problem with a bit of harmless pranking from time to time.

slb862

Forum Lieutenant
Let the pranking begin. Don't pay attention to those that think pranking is unprofessional. :rolleyes: Have fun, and know when enough is enough. Harm no one and laugh and laugh often. Life is WAY to short to be a fuddy dud. Peace to all.

certguy

Forum Captain
another prank

A person who shall remain nameless once put a skeleton in our fridge at work with a cigsrette in one hand,can of coke in the other and a note that said;"Gee,the light does go out when the door closes!"We about gave the night supervisor an MI.

skills82

Forum Crew Member
A person who shall remain nameless once put a skeleton in our fridge at work with a cigsrette in one hand,can of coke in the other and a note that said;"Gee,the light does go out when the door closes!"We about gave the night supervisor an MI.

That would of been funny to see.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Skills82 your signature sounds like a really good prank

cmetalbend

Forum Crew Member
Try this on a non-emergent leave of the station.......Get another garage door remote from another truck when you partner drives and hold it in your pocket. Put the door down as he is trying to put it up! then make him get out to check the door and go up with it. Act confused and play it up. Trust me this is good for laughs. To make it even better, do it only when they drive and several times before you let em in on it.:lol: It works really well if your in the back.

certguy

Forum Captain
I had a partner who was a Stephen King fanatic.She had the entire collection&all she wanted to do between calls was sit on her bed and read.One day I beat her into the quarters&hid under the bed.I waited about 20 min. till she was really into it,then grabbed her ankle&yelled.She screamed,smacked her head on the bunk above her,and the book flew out the window and landed on the roof of our rig.I thought that exbiker babe was gonna kick my butt.

Icenine

Forum Crew Member
Our beds at work are fairly soft mattresses covered with a 2" memory foam pad. I spread a layer of a few hundred small marbles and some plastic wrap between the 2 layers. My partner slept on that bed for a week continually complaining that it was getting "more lumpy by the day". He didn't catch it until it was time to change linens.

Sodapop

Forum Crew Member
many years ago I worked an EMS station that had a drop ceiling. We had 2 crews in the station and when the other unit was out my partner and I lift the ceiling tile over the bunk of another crew member. We inserted an IV cath through the cardboard like material and attached the tubing running it over into another room. we replaced all the tiles and the IV Cath just barely stuck through right over the pillow of the crew members bed.

That night when they turned in we waited to give them time to fall asleep and when we heard significant snoring we lifted our ceiling tile up to access the IV bag and started a very slow drip. The drip hitting the crew in the head slowly enough to not completely wake him up for several minutes but enough to hear him stirring and groaning like someone having a weird dream.

Another harmless but fun prank I was involved in consisted of a very thin layer of lube on the toilet seat. We had one female in the station and fully expected her to be the "victim" of the prank. But seems it did not work out that way and her partner, a floater not regularly in our area, was the first to sit down. He was less than amused. :p

HeadNurseRN

Forum Probie
Once where I worked _______ two paramedics were fired for putting nitropaste on the door handle of the ALS truck. A supervisor touched it instead of the intended target. The supervisor almost passed out. I dunno if thats really a prank. :eek:

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Once where I worked _______ two paramedics were fired for putting nitropaste on the door handle of the ALS truck. A supervisor touched it instead of the intended target. The supervisor almost passed out. I dunno if thats really a prank. :eek:

lol

Lady_EMT

Forum Lieutenant
Prank Gone Wrong

A whole group of us at my department prank each other all the time in different ways.

Two or three nights ago, me and my partner seran wrapped my boyfriend's car. My boyfriend was at his fire drill, and we were across the parking lot at HQ.

It was all fun and games until he came running inside, angrier than I've ever seen him, because while unwrapping his car, the antenna got pulled, and then bounced back and hit his back windshield, shattering it.

Needless to say, no more pranking or messing around, at least not for a while -_-

Sasha

Forum Chief
At my company someone removed someone elses truck tailgate.

I didn't know those things were removeable.

medic417

The Truth Provider

Actually any misuse of a medication such as you describe is a criminal offense that can if pursued even could include jail time.