Anybody work As an emt not on an ambulance?

ShotMedic

Forum Crew Member
Yes i work at a MX track in So. Cal as a track safety"guy" not sure if that is what your name implies also

OP
OP
*MX-EMT

*MX-EMT

Forum Crew Member
Ha

Really what track? I work at milestone.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
My main job I'm on an ambulance. My second job I'm not on an ambulance.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Winter I'm a professional ski patroller, summer I work on the beach as a lifeguard and BLS. Once I'm done with school I'm hoping to get a job on a 911 ambulance company.

nwhitney

Forum Captain
One of our level 1 trauma centers employs paramedics in their ED only.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I've worked in an OB-GYN clinic (not really as an EMT though obviously), an amusement park with ALS-level first aid and a PACU. In fact I've never worked on an ambulance.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I worked 2 summers as an EMT at a water park, but that was concurrent with working on an ambulance and the only reason I got the job was because of contacts made at work (incidentally enough, my interview was my first shift).

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
I worked as an EMT at a haunted house, and a farm.

Last edited by a moderator:

nwhitney

Forum Captain
So how are people able to work at places such as haunted houses or farms as an EMT? I'm assuming there was no medical director. I've been hired as a lifeguard for private events but I wasn't required to work under a doctor, I was solely responsible for my actions.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
At the amusement park we worked under a medical director, and our medics had the full ALS scope, meds, etc.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So how are people able to work at places such as haunted houses or farms as an EMT? I'm assuming there was no medical director. I've been hired as a lifeguard for private events but I wasn't required to work under a doctor, I was solely responsible for my actions.

From what ive seen your mostly working under the good samaritan law. But also for the medical jobs that I have held I was given the title of "first aid" or "medical personal" and not EMT. but at one of my jobs now I am an EMT but we also have a medical director.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
On a fire engine. ^_^

And in the summer as a USFS AD EMT-I. I absofreakinglutly love wildfire medic unit work.

ShotMedic

Forum Crew Member
Yea Brotha! i started off with the USFS as a Firefighter. then progressed to paramedic but there is nothing like working on the line as medic taking care of your hotshot brothas. and cool thing is your a federal employee so you can follow NRP protocols, or the safer way is to check in the the medical unit leader and talk to the Doc incharge of the fire and see what he will allow you to practice. on second note i have worked with a Mobile Physician company who travels to patients homes as a "Tech" although im a paramedic and i have a scope of practice when your working directly with the physician your scope is pretty much what ever they feel comfortable with you doing...

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Worked at a kids camp as a lifeguard and EMT-basic on the lake where there water sports were. I had a medical director the whole summer though. Did not work on a actual squad till medic classes started.

frdude1000

Forum Captain
Yes. I am the captain of my volunteer EMS standby group. We provide EMS care at large events in our county and in Washington, D.C. I have previously done EMS at a camp, too (it was a secondary role, though!).

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
I worked for 2 summers at a Boy Scout Camp: took leave of abscences from my Ft and PT jobs.
We had a Family Doc that was our medical Director. While he was Pre-Med he did the same job that I did, at the same camp just 15 years earlier. So he was a good Medical Director, and he took suggestions from us.
The 2nd summer we had Anti-biotic Eye drops, so we didnt' have to send people to town for Pink Eye.
Running the camp Health Lodge is like a Urgent Care Clinic; we were 40 minutes from a level III ED, and 35 Minutes from the closest Ambulance. Made for some interesting stuff; esp with almost 1000 staff, scouts and leaders.

Annie

Forum Ride Along
I've worked at a gurney and wheelchair transport company. Because it's not BLS, we only did hospital discharges to nursing homes and doctor appointments.
I was also a volunteer EMT for a high school rugby team.
All looks great on a resume for future EMS jobs :)

Anjel

Forum Angel
I am currently working at a concert.