AMR Rancho Cucamonga

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
I'll post for moral support.

mike1390

Forum Captain
Most AMR interviewes are structured the same:
Why do you wanna work here?
Give us a time when you had an issue with a co-worker, how did you handle it?
Name a time when you had to be a leader?
Have you ever done anything to improve your work place?
Name a mistake you have made what have you done to prevent that in the future?
Some divisions will ask a drug question or a situational question, but they all generally follow the same format. Its a nation wide company so AMR has minimum requirements each division has to follow, but each division has the ability to add more to the process.

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
Most AMR interviewes are structured the same:
Why do you wanna work here?
Give us a time when you had an issue with a co-worker, how did you handle it?
Name a time when you had to be a leader?
Have you ever done anything to improve your work place?
Name a mistake you have made what have you done to prevent that in the future?
Some divisions will ask a drug question or a situational question, but they all generally follow the same format. Its a nation wide company so AMR has minimum requirements each division has to follow, but each division has the ability to add more to the process.

thank you

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
When I interviewed at Rancho AMR a month ago it was really easy they first wanted to know my availability etc. Asked me a time where I had a conflict with a coworker and how I fixed it. Why did I become an EMT etc.

My Riverside AMR interview a couple of weeks ago was even easier from what I remember:

Tell me something about yourself?
Why did you want to become an EMT?
Where do you see yourself 5/10 years from now?
Are you ready/comfortable to make the jump to a 911 rig?
If I called your past employers what would they say about you?

Thats pretty much it and then I was called in for a "group interview" where all 26 of us were hired. They hired a ton of medics over half of them were medics it seemed like. 3 EMT's have 0 field experience. They're lucky IMO.

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
When I interviewed at Rancho AMR a month ago it was really easy they first wanted to know my availability etc. Asked me a time where I had a conflict with a coworker and how I fixed it. Why did I become an EMT etc.

My Riverside AMR interview a couple of weeks ago was even easier from what I remember:

Tell me something about yourself?
Why did you want to become an EMT?
Where do you see yourself 5/10 years from now?
Are you ready/comfortable to make the jump to a 911 rig?
If I called your past employers what would they say about you?

Thats pretty much it and then I was called in for a "group interview" where all 26 of us were hired. They hired a ton of medics over half of them were medics it seemed like. 3 EMT's have 0 field experience. They're lucky IMO.

Thank you as well

Jacedc

Forum Probie
How are the full time schedules like for EMT out in Rancho Cucamonga? Do they follow a m-w-f type of schedule or something else?

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
3/4 split 12 hour days, or 5 8 hour days compensated at a higher rate to match the 3/4 salary.. Unless you land a 24 hour station (which lays less to compensate for the 3/4 salary), but not likely as they as spoken for mostly. Then yes, it's M-W-e/o Sat or T-TH-e/o Sat or just Fri-Sun.

AnteaterMedic

Forum Probie
Majority of the shifts are split:
Front half Sun-tues e/o wed
Back half Thurs-Sat e/o wed
Only 1 24 hour station left in rancho division, all the 8 hour cars are M-F, and a handful of weekday or weekend only cars are available.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Just got a job offer from AMR Redlands, just wondering what the orientation is like??

2 weeks of boringness. Laws, regulations, policies, EVOC. Followed by field training time on the ambulance.

auxilio911

Forum Crew Member
Is it two weeks straight 9am-5pm? I'm really excited, I was on the wait list for about a year. Do you know if they offer OT?

LAKings67

Forum Probie
AMR Rancho

I have an interview coming up in Rancho Cucamonga after waiting a little over a year after passing the written exam. I have been currently working as an EMT during this 1 year of waiting to get an interview with AMR. My question is how is the interview process and what do I need to prepare for (skills, panel interview, 1 on 1...ect)? I know in Irwindale they do a skills and I heard Rancho is just an interview but I'm not quite sure. Any info would be great!
Again this is for AMR Rancho.

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Just to clarify, I've received a call back for an interview from AMR after having submitted applications and a resume. They very well knew I was under 21.

That said, there are still companies that may have the restriction.

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
I have an interview coming up in Rancho Cucamonga after waiting a little over a year after passing the written exam. I have been currently working as an EMT during this 1 year of waiting to get an interview with AMR. My question is how is the interview process and what do I need to prepare for (skills, panel interview, 1 on 1...ect)? I know in Irwindale they do a skills and I heard Rancho is just an interview but I'm not quite sure. Any info would be great!
Again this is for AMR Rancho.

It took me about a year and a half before I was contacted by HR for an interview. I interviewed at AMR Rancho last year but didnt make the cut. I was hired at another AMR division though. When I interviewed it was with 2 people and they switched off every question they asked me like 6. AMR Rancho does not do a skills test.

LAKings67

Forum Probie
It took me about a year and a half before I was contacted by HR for an interview. I interviewed at AMR Rancho last year but didnt make the cut. I was hired at another AMR division though. When I interviewed it was with 2 people and they switched off every question they asked me like 6. AMR Rancho does not do a skills test.
Hmm ok, when you didn't get the job at Rancho did you just keep applying and go through the motions until you got hired with another division, or did you have to take another written testing do the whole waiting process again? Or did they recommend you to the division you are at?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Just to clarify, I've received a call back for an interview from AMR after having submitted applications and a resume. They very well knew I was under 21.

That said, there are still companies that may have the restriction.

It was explained to me that AMR is a very large customer, so insurance requirements for them are a little more lax than you would find at a smaller service. AMR ABQ had three people that were 18 and were full crew members, not attend only.
This is a rather old post at that...

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
Hmm ok, when you didn't get the job at Rancho did you just keep applying and go through the motions until you got hired with another division, or did you have to take another written testing do the whole waiting process again? Or did they recommend you to the division you are at?

When I applied at Rancho I also applied at Riverside, Victorville, Redlands, Palmsprings. After getting the email saying I wasnt a candidate for Rancho about a week later Jessica the HR lady called me and told me there was an interview available for Riverside. I didnt have to do the written test or do the waiting process again. In fact when I interviewed at the Riverside Main the guy pulled out my exam and said "you did pretty well on this" I thought it was a bit weird that he had it with him lol. I was surprised AMR kept their word when saying they would notify me if there was spots/interviews available. It took a year and a half to hear anything back from them that was with multiple times emailing Jessica and seeing if there was any spots left.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
My AMR operation will only hire 21 plus, as do nearly all paid agencies here. Not sure if it's insurance or otherwise.