AMR Rancho Cucamonga

firejj423

Forum Ride Along
Just out of EMT-B training and want to apply to Rancho Cucamonga AMR. Help please!!!

Hello my name is Josh. I am 19 yrs old and just finished EMT-B training program at Crafton Hills College in Yucaipa. I just registered to take the written test for national registry. I got a few questions. first, how much should i expect to get paid with rancho amr starting off? what should i ask for thats realistic cuz i was thinking like 10 - 12 dollars an hour. maybe like 11.50 or 10 an hour... second of all what advice can you give about maybe working two emt jobs or something. if i can make more then 10 an hour starting off i dont think i will need two jobs or would i? also im need to move out of where i currently stay. would it be good enough to move out with just one emt-b job? maybe to like a affordable living apartment. please help and thanks! sorry for my bad spelling.

brentoli

Forum Crew Member
Hello my name is Josh. I am 19 yrs old and just finished EMT-B training program at Crafton Hills College in Yucaipa. I just registered to take the written test for national registry. I got a few questions. first, how much should i expect to get paid with rancho amr starting off? what should i ask for thats realistic cuz i was thinking like 10 - 12 dollars an hour. maybe like 11.50 or 10 an hour... second of all what advice can you give about maybe working two emt jobs or something. if i can make more then 10 an hour starting off i dont think i will need two jobs or would i? also im need to move out of where i currently stay. would it be good enough to move out with just one emt-b job? maybe to like a affordable living apartment. please help and thanks! sorry for my bad spelling.

I can't speak for your area of the country and cost of living and such. Most areas an EMT-B makes slightly above min wage. On an application, I will normally leave the requested salary portion blank. If there is room for negotiation then that will happen in your interview. More than likely they have a set pay that their new hires make.

Many of the full time EMT-B's that I know have a part time gig somewhere. Either entirely unrelated, or in a hospital ER.

Good luck to ya!

WARR

Forum Crew Member
Doesn't AMR only hire 21+?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Most private EMS services require you to be 21+ due to insurance purposes. AMR, IIRC, might make exceptions, but I'm not sure.

Minnick27

Forum Crew Member
I started working at my private company at 17. There were 4 of us at the time. Once the state found out we all had to stop working, which wasn't too bad because we all had birthdays in the month or so following it, and we all came back when we turned 18. The company still hires 18 year olds with no issues. I'm in Pa, so I don't know other states laws

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver

First, welcome and good luck. I work for an AMR division in Riverside County, I will tell you this, with the amount of EMT's looking for work, salary will be what they tell you it is, it can vary with experience, usually starts right around 10 bucks an hour. You can live very frugally on that salary, but I would recommend working towards medic school as fast as possible. OT is available, but most AMR IE divisions are overstaffed as it is and OT can be tough to get.

jon51

Forum Crew Member
AMR Rancho

So I noticed AMR rancho has some job openings for EMT. I would really Like to work out there so I have a question for current AMR Rancho or Riverside employees. Realistically, how long would it take for a paramedic working as an EMT to get a spot as a medic. Would you guys recommed this route? Any advise would be appreciated.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So I noticed AMR rancho has some job openings for EMT. I would really Like to work out there so I have a question for current AMR Rancho or Riverside employees. Realistically, how long would it take for a paramedic working as an EMT to get a spot as a medic. Would you guys recommed this route? Any advise would be appreciated.

It takes 6 months working with the company in the same position before you can transfer to another division or re class.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Thanks for that quick response. Do you work for AMR in Riverside or Rancho?

I work for them in palm springs. All the AMRs in riverside and SB counties are pretty much the same. Riverside and Victorville are union while the others are non union

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver

All those divisions also show Medic spots as well. I don't know how there are openings, but I'd apply ASAP if I were you.

GirevikMedic

Forum Crew Member
You can sort of re-class after 6 months. You will still be slotted as an EMT but you will still be able to function as a medic when on a medic staffed car. Since you'd be in the EMT slot you'd actually be working with another medic.

You will be able to officially upgrade to medic class when a spot is open and you have seniority enough to fill it.

I'm in the same boat as you. Just got picked up in San Joaquin County as an EMT. There's pros and cons. It sucks I have a gap that I can't function in a medic capacity. But... it's much easier to land a full time gig as an EMT than a medic. EMT slots tend to open quicker and advance sooner due to other EMTs who are medics getting their shot to bump up officially.

It all depends on what you're willing to deal with but it's worth a shot at the least.

jon51

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for all the great information. I am definitely willing to put time in as an emt in order to get a medic spot. If they are hiring for medics even better. I will head over there Monday morning.

jon51

Forum Crew Member
So I went to the AMR Rancho offices yesterday morning and I was told that they are not hiring at all by the lady at the front desk. The job postings on AMR's website are still up yet they are not hiring. Is this normal for AMR?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So I went to the AMR Rancho offices yesterday morning and I was told that they are not hiring at all by the lady at the front desk. The job postings on AMR's website are still up yet they are not hiring. Is this normal for AMR?

Yes. It takes a while for AMR to update their info online.

jon51

Forum Crew Member
Thanks. It just seems awkward that paramedic positions opened on the 26th of april would already be closed on the 2nd of may. Including the weekend, that means the post was only good for a few business days. The issue is that all of the other AMR divisions (in and out of state) which have job postings online actually are hiring.

Useless

Forum Ride Along
amr rancho hiring

Every when does rancho hire? I have had my app sitting for two years with no call back until just recently, I hear about guys who turn their app in and get call backs within the month. I believe i went in with a profesional manner and respectfull. Also i recently had my interview with rancho and riverside with no luck. Am i that bad with interview skills or is it that competitive?

ABEMS

Forum Crew Member
I think those two locations are highly sought after because of location and call volumes. The company prolly get hundreds of applications. Important thing to keep in mind is apply to companies that are looking for employees and not just handing out resumes. Maybe try to get on with another service and get some more field experience first then apply to them. Take some additional courses, might help with giving you a better advantage over the others.

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
AMR Rancho medic info plz

hey everyone, i saw a few threads that may have started to delve into my questions but i didn't want to hijack as the other threads were off topic already haha.

i have an interview with amr rancho for a medic spot coming up next week. i was just curious the 411 on everything. i also still have to take my written test as well. any info would greatly help my preparation. thank again

plz feel free to PM if you don't want to disclose on the thread.