Ambulnz Health, LLC (Los Angeles County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambuwatcher

Forum Crew Member
111ad93e1791c3722ce4798c8a1eefd6.jpg

HelpinMan

Forum Ride Along
Oh no. No, no, no. You don't get to change the subject, there's been enough flip-flopping already. All that colourful rhetoric, and not one of our questions had been answered yet ? I'm guessing I wasn't wrong and won't be apologizing any time soon.

If there's one thing I'll humour you with, it's the 'the biggest challenge for new recruits'. And that is being able to sift through the metric tons of BS that companies with 'innovative technologies and revolutionary models' are trying to spoon feed them.
Interesting, so is the automatic reaction to attack anyone who is trying to make a difference? Shouldn't everyone be focused on trying to add to the change. Learn from it? Bring more change to the industry? I think it's naive to think that a corporation which purchased several local ambulance companies, that clearly has a plan and a strong team behind them, will reveal their proprietary model which will make EMT's more money. It's like asking Coca Cola for their secret recipe. It feels like Shasta is out there saying Cola is Cola. Give us your recipe etc...
I would love to hear from more EMT's. What are your struggles? What do you want more of? Do you like to be told you chose a career with no potential? I love when someone challenges the status quo. I understand why owners would hate it. Like taxi drivers when Uber came to the market. But then many taxi drivers switched over to Uber and they were happy again. It's learning from change not complaining. Or maybe that's just me.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Interesting, so is the automatic reaction to attack anyone who is trying to make a difference? Shouldn't everyone be focused on trying to add to the change. Learn from it? Bring more change to the industry? I think it's naive to think that a corporation which purchased several local ambulance companies, that clearly has a plan and a strong team behind them, will reveal their proprietary model which will make EMT's more money. It's like asking Coca Cola for their secret recipe. It feels like Shasta is out there saying Cola is Cola. Give us your recipe etc...
I would love to hear from more EMT's. What are your struggles? What do you want more of? Do you like to be told you chose a career with no potential? I love when someone challenges the status quo. I understand why owners would hate it. Like taxi drivers when Uber came to the market. But then many taxi drivers switched over to Uber and they were happy again. It's learning from change not complaining. Or maybe that's just me.
Except that the Uber vs taxi analogy doesn't work. The main reason taxi drivers and companies were against it was the lack of regulation that uber had to follow, while the taxi industry still had to follow them. Also the ambulance transportation industry is inherently unreliable with amount of calls, location, travel time, bed delays. You can organize a ambulance transportation company all you want, but there is no predictable way to get a crew to meet a target every time. I've worked in Los Angeles before, some days I could get from one call to another every hour, other days it would be two hours or longer to transport patients with the traffic. Also if you are doing transports to the ER, there is no way to know when the crew will be available again, I've waited as little as twenty minutes to as long as four hours to transfer a patient to a bed. Their model that they don't talk about is nothing new in the industry there is very little to change in regards to the transport of a patient. You either are putting more ambulances out to meet the call times of your scheduled calls, or hope that the units already there can transfer care quickly which is out of their control except in returns to a patient's home or nursing facility where they already have a bed ready for them.

Ambuwatcher

Forum Crew Member

In this instance, you are probably spot on. It's just you (and the other new pen names).

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe

You clearly didn't put in any effort in reading the 30 pages of this thread, otherwise the answer to your first question would be obvious.

What you perceive as naivete, seems perfectly logical in the given context. People come here for information and advice, they either share their experiences or expect to learn from others. So far, neither of your company affiliates offered any of the sort.

The number of the local ambulance mom & pop companies that your company purchased (please, don't further insult people's intelligence here by calling it a 'corporation' when it's a LLC) is only indicative of how many suitcases of cash the proprietors brought with them. It does not say anything [clear] about either its plans or the competence of its team. Nobody here is interested in hearing about your secret chocolate chip cookies' recipe, all what's ever been asked is 100% related to your company's advertising.

If that wasn't concise enough for you, let me dumb it down even more: if someone says that they can deliver, it's very safe to assume that people will ask 'how do you intend to do it'. Makes sense so far ? Next step, we extrapolate: your company claims that they finally found their own version of philosopher's stone that lets people triple their wages; now, the people are asking 'how exactly ?'. And your response is 'Ha, do you really think Ima tell you ?'. Pardon my French, but this is where people usually tell you to F off.

And finally, you're just another day-old account posting the same ole. Here's a suggestion for you and your colleagues - either put your money where your mouth is and start effectively communicating with professionals on this forum (note that we're actually the ones you'd want to hire), or don't waste yours or our time.

Last edited:

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
In all of this pages there was one post that even remotely answered wage question, when I asked follow up question it got ignored. So let me try again. It was said that your company pays 28-30 an hour to emt, okay is that performance pay? Meaning is that what emt get paid as result of good performance or is that base pay? Do you run 8,10,12,24 or something else? You talking about "model" can anyone get on it or is there a waiting list? If you pay 28-30 an hour does that mean for over 40 hours a week you pay 45 an hour? Note I didn't ask how you can afford to pay those wages, neither am I asking anything about your technology or anything secret. I am asking basic questions about wage which any potential new employees would want to know. I would hope that you will answer this question.

HelpinMan

Forum Ride Along
You clearly didn't put in any effort in reading the 30 pages of this thread, otherwise the answer to your first question would be obvious.

What you perceive as naivete, seems perfectly logical in the given context. People come here for information and advice, they either share their experiences or expect to learn from others. So far, neither of your company affiliates offered any of the sort.

The number of the local ambulance mom & pop companies that your company purchased (please, don't further insult people's intelligence here by calling it a 'corporation' when it's a LLC) is only indicative of how many suitcases of cash the proprietors brought with them. It does not say anything [clear] about either its plans or the competence of its team. Nobody here is interested in hearing about your secret chocolate chip cookies' recipe, all what's ever been asked is 100% related to your company's advertising.

If that wasn't concise enough for you, let me dumb it down even more: if someone says that they can deliver, it's very safe to assume that people will ask 'how do you intend to do it'. Makes sense so far ? Next step, we extrapolate: your company claims that they finally found their own version of philosopher's stone that lets people triple their wages; now, the people are asking 'how exactly ?'. And your response is 'Ha, do you really think Ima tell you ?'. Pardon my French, but this is where people usually tell you to F off.

And finally, you're just another day-old account posting the same ole. Here's a suggestion for you and your colleagues - either put your money where your mouth is and start effectively communicating with professionals on this forum (note that we're actually the ones you'd want to hire), or don't waste yours or our time.
What has been shared is that if the industry looks at the business in a different way there is the possibility of creating new models that offer win win situation for EMT’s and employers.

What was advertised has been backed up in person when people show up to learn more at the open houses (The team shared actual pay stubs). At the low end the EMT’s on the model are making around $50K+ a year (mostly because they are still getting used to the new Model). At the high end they are making over $87K per year.

You didn’t like my last analogies so I will give you 2 new ones. It’s like yahoo, Alta vista or any other search engine of the time asking Google how they built a better search engine. It’s like the engineers of those companies asking for the algorithm that Google has developed to show them how it was done. Or every other automobile company that were building electric vehicles and failing when finally Tesla shows up a builds a car that everyone wants. Can those companies ask Tesla to share how it’s possible? Sorry but that’s what seems naive to me.

Regarding new accounts interacting with you on this forum, Ambulnz is a company growing fast and the employees are surprised to see all the haters out there making up lies and trying to dissuade EMT’s from having the opportunity to be part of something new, different and exciting. So I wouldn’t be surprised if many more will show up soon to be part of the discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Qulevrius

What has been shared is that if the industry looks at the business in a different way there is the possibility of creating new models that offer win win situation for EMT’s and employers.

What was advertised has been backed up in person when people show up to learn more at the open houses (The team shared actual pay stubs). At the low end the EMT’s on the model are making around $50K+ a year (mostly because they are still getting used to the new Model). At the high end they are making over $87K per year.

You didn’t like my last analogies so I will give you 2 new ones. It’s like yahoo, Alta vista or any other search engine of the time asking Google how they built a better search engine. It’s like the engineers of those companies asking for the algorithm that Google has developed to show them how it was done. Or every other automobile company that were building electric vehicles and failing when finally Tesla shows up a builds a car that everyone wants. Can those companies ask Tesla to share how it’s possible? Sorry but that’s what seems naive to me.

Regarding new accounts interacting with you on this forum, Ambulnz is a company growing fast and the employees are surprised to see all the haters out there making up lies and trying to dissuade EMT’s from having the opportunity to be part of something new, different and exciting. So I wouldn’t be surprised if many more will show up soon to be part of the discussion.

One. More. Time. Hopefully, the last one.

This isn't a forum for entrepreneurs where you come to share your success story. This is an EMS forum, created by professionals, for professionals. People come here to share their experiences and seek advice; that includes sharing knowledge on work places. So once again, let me dumb it down:

1) Ambulnz is a company;
2) Ambulnz is a rather new company;
3) Ambulnz came to the market whilst tooting its horn about how much new and exciting stuff it has to offer their employees.

You are not Google. Let me repeat that one more time - Google, you are not. The reason that Ambulnz =/= Google is because Google is an already well-established enterprise which acquired its name through years of successful competition with other search engines. Using your analogy, we could call Ambulnz a 'Gewgle' - sure, it sounds very similar but isn't the real McCoy. Same goes for Tesla - Elon Musk wasn't lowballing the automotive market with promises of cheap electric cars, his company was actually backed up by (surprise) Google and got its first ROI only after the first batch of Model S cars was sold. And FYI, Model S is bloody expensive. A simple explanation to why Ambulnz = Gewgle and =/= Tesla, is as follows: you're new, you don't have a well-established rapport and you do too much chest beating.

A propos chest beating - time over time and time AGAIN, Ambulnz has utterly failed to provide any coherent answers to completely transparent and relevant questions. How do you expect people to blindly sign up for your vision of an American dream, based on your promising them milk & honey ? Do you really think to convince people, by showing them a few sheets of paper with numbers, that you actually found a LEGIT way to triple or quadruple their pay, in an oversaturated and overly competitive market ? You come here, of all places, and you think people will fall for that crap ? And then you have the chutzpah to call us 'naive'.

Excitement is for amateurs. Professionals do their job competently, and expect to be compensated accordingly. So If you actually want professionals (and I'm not talking about brand new graduates with a whooping 200 hrs of EMS school behind them) to take you seriously, you should probably reconsider your approach, yeah ?

P.S. To reiterate on the subject of advertising - you won't see random people here advertising places like CARE, AMR or HALL, because these companies do not need it. It might come as a shock, but EMS is a rather small world where everyone knows everyone. And I'm sorry to break it to you, but on an attractiveness scale of zero to potato, Ambulnz is very far to the left.

Last edited:

HelpinMan

Forum Ride Along
One. More. Time. Hopefully, the last one.

This isn't a forum for entrepreneurs where you come to share your success story. This is an EMS forum, created by professionals, for professionals. People come here to share their experiences and seek advice; that includes sharing knowledge on work places. So once again, let me dumb it down:

1) Ambulnz is a company;
2) Ambulnz is a rather new company;
3) Ambulnz came to the market whilst tooting its horn about how much new and exciting stuff it has to offer their employees.

You are not Google. Let me repeat that one more time - Google, you are not. The reason that Ambulnz =/= Google is because Google is an already well-established enterprise which acquired its name through years of successful competition with other search engines. Using your analogy, we could call Ambulnz a 'Gewgle' - sure, it sounds very similar but isn't the real McCoy. Same goes for Tesla - Elon Musk wasn't lowballing the automotive market with promises of cheap electric cars, his company was actually backed up by (surprise) Google and got its first ROI only after the first batch of Model S cars was sold. And FYI, Model S is bloody expensive. A simple explanation to why Ambulnz = Gewgle and =/= Tesla, is as follows: you're new, you don't have a well-established rapport and you do too much chest beating.

A propos chest beating - time over time and time AGAIN, Ambulnz has utterly failed to provide any coherent answers to completely transparent and relevant questions. How do you expect people to blindly sign up for your vision of an American dream, based on your promising them milk & honey ? Do you really think to convince people, by showing them a few sheets of paper with numbers, that you actually found a LEGIT way to triple or quadruple their pay, in an oversaturated and overly competitive market ? You come here, of all places, and you think people will fall for that crap ? And then you have the chutzpah to call us 'naive'.

Excitement is for amateurs. Professionals do their job competently, and expect to be compensated accordingly. So If you actually want professionals (and I'm not talking about brand new graduates with a whooping 200 hrs of EMS school behind them) to take you seriously, you should probably reconsider your approach, yeah ?
I guess like Google and Tesla only time will tell. You are correct, it takes time to build a strong company and a brand so we can check back in with each other in the coming months/years. I don't believe anyone is trying to chest beat, only reacting to people trying to discredit the accomplishments of the team that built a system that is working.
I wish you a pleasant night.

Qulevrius

I guess like Google and Tesla only time will tell. You are correct, it takes time to build a strong company and a brand so we can check back in with each other in the coming months/years. I don't believe anyone is trying to chest beat, only reacting to people trying to discredit the accomplishments of the team that built a system that is working.
I wish you a pleasant night.

Yeah, sure. By the way, here's a nice analogy for you - try coming to bodybuilding.com and tell the locals that you found a new, innovative and exciting way to turn a 360 lbs slob into a 180 lbs stud, in 5 days. Here's what you'll get:

73690364.jpg

I'm just curious as to why most of the Ambulnz employees, supervisors, whatever on here have been members since breakfast and coming out of the wood work. I'm not one for conspiracies but one must wonder...

@Jennifer Martin the grass really is greener on the other side. Look at counties such as Riverside, San Bernardino, Kern, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Tulare, and Merced. Depending on your willingness to travel for a EMT job those counties have great companies. People joke about AMR being the evil empire but I've always been paid on time and compensated for any overtime and holidays. I jokingly call Hall ambulance the Kern County Cult but again probably the best private EMS company in CA. San Louis ambulance I've heard good things about as well as AMR Santa Barbara. Riggs ambulance in Merced county I've heard is awesome as well. Use the handy dandy search bar on here as most of these company's have been covered.

Disregard, I made an erroneous statement.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Good one Dan.

Call me crazy but based on this string I would say GoneFishing is an owner or HR person at a competitor and is having trouble recruiting. Perhaps he should focus on offering a better package to potential new hires and treating his employees well so they stay and give up on attacking Ambulnz.

I suggest we change directions here.
As veterans within the industry what does everyone feel is the biggest challenge for new recruits? and for seasons EMT's/Paramedics?
What can companies/owners do to combat those issues?
Ambulnz has focused on a better pay structure and offering a decent benefits package.
What else can be done? Would love to hear peoples thoughts.
I wish.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't own or have any management ties to any company I actually ran a non ems company as well as have prior management experience in general business.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I am looking out for the young buck thats going to fall down the rabbit hole, become jaded due to the BS cheerleading squad of a dialysis company.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So I heard a rumor at work tonight that among the other companies Ambulanz has bought they also bought AmeriCare's Santa Monica division (which just so happens to be AmeriCare's only 911 area in LA Co).....but that they intend to sell that division off:confused:

Dan Louk

Forum Probie
So I heard a rumor at work tonight that among the other companies Ambulanz has bought they also bought AmeriCare's Santa Monica division (which just so happens to be AmeriCare's only 911 area in LA Co).....but that they intend to sell that division off
What? Ambulnz is buying more companies? I thought everyone's saying their not the real deal...lol

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
So I heard a rumor at work tonight that among the other companies Ambulanz has bought they also bought AmeriCare's Santa Monica division (which just so happens to be AmeriCare's only 911 area in LA Co).....but that they intend to sell that division off:confused:
It's just that rumor. I haven't seen any evidence of them purchasing plus why would americare ambulance sell.

Qulevrius

What? Ambulnz is buying more companies? I thought everyone's saying their not the real deal...lol

I knew this crazy lady once, she'd spend days on end shopping for all sorts of garbage. Doesn't mean she wasn't a real deal, only that she had more money than brains.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well considering they bought like 3 companies to start out it wouldn't be out of character...
It's just that rumor. I haven't seen any evidence of them purchasing plus why would americare ambulance sell.
Wouldn't necessarily surprise me, but yeah I figured someone with more insider knowledge than I could shed some light on the rumor

Gavin Burnett

Forum Probie
I am looking out for the young buck thats going to fall down the rabbit hole, become jaded due to the BS cheerleading squad of a dialysis company.

"Looking out for the young bucks?" Really? By fighting to keep the industry from progressing and keeping EMTs trapped in non-livable wages of ~$11hr? Someone asked earlier if I'm a field EMT (which I'm not), I support recruiting for all our roles from EMTs, Medics, iOS devs, QA engineers, Digital Analysts, ect. I do however see all of the payroll reports of our EMTs on the model making at the very least 48k (one person), multiple individuals over 85k, and the the average around 60k+ which I think is amazing. I also am friends with many of the EMTs we hire and stay close to make sure the onboarding proceed is smooth and we're doing the absolute best possible. As a recruiter my professional reputation and integrity is just as much on line as the company. And as with every company I've ever recruited for my goal is to only present roles if it's a solid step for a persons career- advancement, more money, better environment, ect. I wouldn't be involved if I didn't see for myself that Ambulnz is changing the industry, has their heart in the right place, and is offering a real chance for hardworking EMTs to drive their career forward, make great income, and have fun at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.