Ambulnz Health, LLC (Los Angeles County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Yes. It's literally the internet equivalent of you yelling in our faces. It is actually harder to read than normal non-bolded type with normal English capitalization rules, and visually distracts the reader from the actual content of your questions/comments.

Plus its annoying as all hell.

fatkid

New, but gettin the hang of EMS
THOUGHT ABOUT APPLYING FOR AMBULNZ. NOT SURE. HEARD MIXED THINGS. THERES ONLY 2 "GOOD" DISPATCHERS THERE AND THEY BOTH WORK AT NIGHT. SO MAYBE I'D TRY TO REQUEST NIGHT SHIFTS? IDK?, I LIKE THE COLOR OF THE RIGS AND THE 72K DOES SOUND GOOD. SO MAYBE? ANYONE ELSE HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THIS NEW COMPANY. JUST SEEN AN AD ONLINE. ???

Apply and let us know what is really going on over there.

BobBarker

Forum Lieutenant
THOUGHT ABOUT APPLYING FOR AMBULNZ. NOT SURE. HEARD MIXED THINGS. THERES ONLY 2 "GOOD" DISPATCHERS THERE AND THEY BOTH WORK AT NIGHT. SO MAYBE I'D TRY TO REQUEST NIGHT SHIFTS? IDK?, I LIKE THE COLOR OF THE RIGS AND THE 72K DOES SOUND GOOD. SO MAYBE? ANYONE ELSE HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THIS NEW COMPANY. JUST SEEN AN AD ONLINE. ???
1. Why are you writing in bold? We can all read English pretty good. 2. Unless you are working everyday, everyweek 12+hr shifts or are the billing manager billing patients who shouldn't be transported in the first place(ambulatory as non-ambulatory), then you won't be making 72k as an EMT. Ive spoken with some of the guys that work at some companies in SoCal, $11.50 an hour is about what you will make.

olaf1988

Forum Crew Member

Aside from the bold/caps thing- did you read the thread? This entire thread is an answer to your question. Read it from the beginning, you'll see what some people know and what has been said about them, plus management response (as vague as it might be). Aside from that it seems that it's a "wait and see" type deal on whether they're too good to be true. See what others have said here, if you're still curious take an interview and then decide. So far we haven't been able to get a clear answer from people that work there.

ImVenom

Forum Probie
OK, So I Just Interviewed today with Ambulnz. They are NOT yet paying anyone the 72 K BUT The managemnt seems legit. Overkill but thats what you expect with a new company. They don't hve uniforms yet, though. Was told to wait for a call back by Monday. The station is gorgeous. Snacks and drinks for everyone. The EMT's I talked to seemed burnt out ALREADY though. I'll wait and see,,,

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
OK, So I Just Interviewed today with Ambulnz. They are NOT yet paying anyone the 72 K BUT The managemnt seems legit. Overkill but thats what you expect with a new company. They don't hve uniforms yet, though. Was told to wait for a call back by Monday. The station is gorgeous. Snacks and drinks for everyone. The EMT's I talked to seemed burnt out ALREADY though. I'll wait and see,,,

Let's see. They aren't paying what they promised (yet), they do not have uniforms (yet), their people are burnt out (already) and their management has a silver tongue (why won't they). But hey, the station looks nice and there is coffee + cookies for everyone.

Seems 100% legit.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Let's see. They aren't paying what they promised (yet), they do not have uniforms (yet), their people are burnt out (already) and their management has a silver tongue (why won't they). But hey, the station looks nice and there is coffee + cookies for everyone.

Seems 100% legit.
bd1.jpg

Mirosano

Forum Ride Along
I work for Aegis which is now Ambulance and I can tell you that almost everything said here is almost true, part time gets $10/hr full time gets $13/hr, the leasing an ambulance is true but only in testing stages, we don't have any uniform yet, dispatch is always a flip of a coin you could get run all day or posted most of the time, expect to be held over way past your off time , if anyone has any most questions ask away

CALEMT

Sounds like your typical crappy SNF and dialysis transfer company. Do yourself a favor and save yourself. Move on to a better company.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
I work for Aegis which is now Ambulance and I can tell you that almost everything said here is almost true, part time gets $10/hr full time gets $13/hr, the leasing an ambulance is true but only in testing stages, we don't have any uniform yet, dispatch is always a flip of a coin you could get run all day or posted most of the time, expect to be held over way past your off time , if anyone has any most questions ask away

For sake of argument and to ask questions i will for a second assume that you're saying the truth. So full time is getting $13 an hour, okay I can believe this. Way lower compare to up to 72 they been promoting. Regarding leasing of ambulance, i would love for someone to explain how there any slim chances of this flying? Not having uniform just saying they might be overwhelmed but not that big of a deal in long term . So basically they are not really giving anything special compare to what they been advertising. Now looking for more post that can either confirm or deny what you're saying.

Mirosano

Forum Ride Along
I've been asking myself that too, they aren't very clear with how leasing an ambulance is going to work, we don't even know if we have to get our own insurance for those who are going to lease it, the way they explained it, is you rent it for 24 hours run the calls like you would normally do but with the added benefit of rejecting calls or going off line the moment you feel like it, you get paid by the call not hourly, how it's legal or even possible, I have no idea

The company isn't fully integrated into each other, all three companies are still separate and running there own calls, except in the case of lift assist, all our own rigs still need to be upgraded and wrapped in the decal

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
I've been asking myself that too, they aren't very clear with how leasing an ambulance is going to work, we don't even know if we have to get our own insurance for those who are going to lease it, the way they explained it, is you rent it for 24 hours run the calls like you would normally do but with the added benefit of rejecting calls or going off line the moment you feel like it, you get paid by the call not hourly, how it's legal or even possible, I have no idea

The company isn't fully integrated into each other, all three companies are still separate and running there own calls, except in the case of lift assist, all our own rigs still need to be upgraded and wrapped in the decal

I will be extremely shock if their plan to run Ambulance company like "uber" will fly. Between the fact that in order for you to bill you will need to have provider number all the way to having medical director. If you're leasing ambulance it means that you are independent contractor so that would also mean that they can't tell you how to perform any job. I am seeing lots of red flags in this plan.

Mirosano

Forum Ride Along
I talked to some of the guys that got selected for the trial run, they said they are still Ambulnz employees just with more freedom on which calls to run and which ones to pass on, from what I'm understanding it's like they are working a 24 hr shift but just getting paid by the call rather than by hour

IDrago

Forum Probie
I talked to some of the guys that got selected for the trial run, they said they are still Ambulnz employees just with more freedom on which calls to run and which ones to pass on, from what I'm understanding it's like they are working a 24 hr shift but just getting paid by the call rather than by hour

I had heard there was a minimum 4 calls that need to be run for leasing the ambulance. That being said on a 24 you would need to run in upwards of 12 calls every shift to come even close to making the same amount as an hourly 24 at $12-13 an hour. If it's a slow night and you run 5-6 calls you're screwed. No thanks.

CALEMT

Yeah no thanks.

ImVenom

Forum Probie
How are the shifts so far? and what about the dispatchers?

Status
Not open for further replies.