Ambulnz Health, LLC (Los Angeles County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
So you work there? i have a job offer for Ambulnz.

19qzjv.jpg

Mirosano

Forum Ride Along
How are the shifts so far? and what about the dispatchers?

The shift are from 8,12, and 24, but expect to be held over and extra 2 to 3 hours,

Dispatch is always a toss up, you can either be run nonstop your whole shift, or be posting and waiting for a dialysis pt, they could either keep you around the same area or have you going all over LA county, it just really depends on the number of calls

DialysisTransportsForDays

Forum Ride Along
Shifts usually get held over 1-2 hrs, but I've seen day cars get held over 3-4 hrs almost daily, M-F. Most of the business is in LA City, West LA, and Inglewood Area. Most contracts that they're trying to get are in the Central LA area, so all of the companies that were bought out can respond to calls in about the same amount of time, regardless of what station the rigs are coming out of. Haven't heard any specifics yet about what the payouts will be per call, or if they're still considering "leasing" out rigs for 24hrs at a time. The only thing that is certain is that nothing is certain. At this point, it's all rumors and zero confirmation of anything. Daytime dispatch can be a joke. App is designed to relay call to the closest available unit, based on response time, even if you're 45 minutes away and another crew that is closer to the call could clear from their call sooner, you'll still run the call once it's been sent to you. Seems like there are 2-3 outstanding contracts with facilities that are being wrapped up. Break room is stocked heavy with snacks and drinks, but usually only when the Owner is in town. Otherwise, it's all left over chips and what ever else nobody wanted to eat. Questions?

ImVenom

Forum Probie
Shifts usually get held over 1-2 hrs, but I've seen day cars get held over 3-4 hrs almost daily, M-F. Most of the business is in LA City, West LA, and Inglewood Area. Most contracts that they're trying to get are in the Central LA area, so all of the companies that were bought out can respond to calls in about the same amount of time, regardless of what station the rigs are coming out of. Haven't heard any specifics yet about what the payouts will be per call, or if they're still considering "leasing" out rigs for 24hrs at a time. The only thing that is certain is that nothing is certain. At this point, it's all rumors and zero confirmation of anything. Daytime dispatch can be a joke. App is designed to relay call to the closest available unit, based on response time, even if you're 45 minutes away and another crew that is closer to the call could clear from their call sooner, you'll still run the call once it's been sent to you. Seems like there are 2-3 outstanding contracts with facilities that are being wrapped up. Break room is stocked heavy with snacks and drinks, but usually only when the Owner is in town. Otherwise, it's all left over chips and what ever else nobody wanted to eat. Questions?

Hey so what are the 24s about? DO they even have them?? Night dispatch? I'm still weighing my optionssss. Any info will help. I heard that thier TOP Heavy with supervisors?

Forum Ride Along
Hey so what are the 24s about? DO they even have them?? Night dispatch? I'm still weighing my optionssss. Any info will help. I heard that thier TOP Heavy with supervisors?
They still have 24s, and from what some of those guys have told me, they run through the night, and sometimes even get held over. Night dispatch is better than day dispatch. A few of them used to be day dispatchers, and know their stuff, but had to switch to nights. Lots of management at Station 3 in Monrovia because that's central headquarters. Whenever the owner comes in to town, that's where they'll meet. The new Operations Manager is located there too, along with other supervisors.

fatkid

New, but gettin the hang of EMS
They still have 24s, and from what some of those guys have told me, they run through the night, and sometimes even get held over. Night dispatch is better than day dispatch. A few of them used to be day dispatchers, and know their stuff, but had to switch to nights. Lots of management at Station 3 in Monrovia because that's central headquarters. Whenever the owner comes in to town, that's where they'll meet. The new Operations Manager is located there too, along with other supervisors.

How you liking that 72K a year

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Still waiting to hear how that's going to work. From what I've heard (unofficially) was that the projection of 72k was based on running 10-12 calls five days a week at 12hrs a day.
10 calls in 12 hrs is absolutely non stop, no time to eat, rest, barely take a whizz....especially since they haven't figured out how to pay that fanciful 72K. You'd think if they knew how they were going to implement this, they'd clue in the crews they expect to be slaving away non stop for them for such a fanciful promise that literally no one else in the business, anywhere (not just LA, but literally, no one anywhere) has managed to figure out how deliver.

So basically just another run of the mill IFT only ambulance company interested only in running it's crews into the ground for their own profit. But hey, not like there's any shortage of those around town.

Forum Ride Along
Empty promises + fresh EMTs w/ wishful thinking =
BRwOXUu.jpg
J
Empty promises + fresh EMTs w/ wishful thinking =
BRwOXUu.jpg
just heard about their new payout plan through the grapevine tonight. It's pretty aggressive, but not 10 calls in 12 hrs aggressive. IMO, its pretty clear they're intent on running crews in to the ground and seeing how fast crews can transport people. IMO, its just a numbers game to them. I've only been here for a little while, and I don't plan on staying around too much longer. IMO, it seems their focus isn't patient care, but more so satisfying call statistics, like how fast calls can be ran, and how often crews can beat the ETA estimate that dispatch gives facilities.

Ambuwatcher

Forum Crew Member
J

just heard about their new payout plan through the grapevine tonight. It's pretty aggressive, but not 10 calls in 12 hrs aggressive. IMO, its pretty clear they're intent on running crews in to the ground and seeing how fast crews can transport people. IMO, its just a numbers game to them. I've only been here for a little while, and I don't plan on staying around too much longer. IMO, it seems their focus isn't patient care, but more so satisfying call statistics, like how fast calls can be ran, and how often crews can beat the ETA estimate that dispatch gives facilities.
While typically, the Dispatcher will give an unrealistic response ETA while trying to capture the call. Dispatch performance will be measured by the calls captured vs calls lost.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Sounds like this company will be like every other company in SoCal. Nothing special about it. If they constantly give unrealistic ETAs, I'm sure that lots of places will stop calling them.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Sounds like this company will be like every other company in SoCal. Nothing special about it. If they constantly give unrealistic ETAs, I'm sure that lots of places will stop calling them.

Was there any doubt about it, ever ? Everything - starting with the name, their limited liability and ending with the companies they bought - pointed out that it is yet another private Medi/Medi milking stanchion.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Was there any doubt about it, ever ? Everything - starting with the name, their limited liability and ending with the companies they bought - pointed out that it is yet another private Medi/Medi milking stanchion.
This is just the confirmation.

Forum Ride Along
The money should be better than what most companies start their EMTs out at, but you're going to have to really work for it. If you work day cars in their new program (8hr shift,) expect to work 11-14hrs daily. If you work 24s, expect to get ran all night and morning. Thing about their new business model (so I've heard from others that are in the program) is that it has so many holes in it. They weren't ready for all the variables that go in to their new plan. Time will tell....

ImVenom

Forum Probie
So Ive been here about two weeks this Friday. Place is horrible. Moral is so low. Money is ok but they lie to us about the amount we're supposed to make. Dispatch is having a high turnover ratio right now. Other EMTS are getting ran into the ground testing the 8 calls in 12 hours NOT KNOWING THEIR NOT GETTING PAID per CALL yet!! Still no uniforms, Management stinks. From the Ops supervisors to the dispatch Supervisor. They all BLOW. This place uses and ABUSES its employees and yes, I agree, they care more about the stupid app than patient care. this UBER style Ambulnz transporting. I put my two weeks in this morning. Horrible taste of real EMTing and being in the field. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.