Ambulnz Health, LLC (Los Angeles County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Okay, here’s a bunch of questions…..

You stated that EMTs run 9-10 calls a shift and work 5 days a week. How many hours are those shifts? If they’re 12s then that is a 60hr week and if they’re 8s then I don’t see how they could run that many calls in a shift.

You’ve stated that employees will get the higher of the two of per-call pay or hourly. What is the hourly?

Why don’t you have a website? You claim to be on the cutting edge of technology- which makes it weird that you have no online presence.

What technology do you have that is going to revolutionize the industry? Because as far as I can tell, most companies use some type is technology to track calls (as you stated in one of your posts). MDT, pagers, cell phones with texting/tracking apps, tablets with ePCR- these are all commonplace in most companies- what does Ambulz do that is any different?

Your email states that EMTs can “be your own boss”- does this mean they are independent contractors? If so, how can you staff the units all the time since they are supposed to be allowed to set their own hours? Also, they could turn down calls potentially.
445f4046ae7f2a1f9ff85dde151c48f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
If you are a qualified candidate please feel free to get in touch and we'd be happy to review then schedule an onsite interview to answer any/all questions you may have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really don't care lol im just enjoying this back and fourth thing. I wouldn't touch anything Impulse,GCTI, AMT etc with a 10 foot pole and would rather quit EMS.
Just my personal own opinion. To each their own.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Sometimes when these threads pop up I heavily consider applying to the places just so I can report back with actual facts.

It happened during the Explorer-1 thread and again here. If I wasn't trying to keep decent employment history for future prospects, Id just hop from one silly company to the next and report back.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Sometimes when these threads pop up I heavily consider applying to the places just so I can report back with actual facts.

It happened during the Explorer-1 thread and again here. If I wasn't trying to keep decent employment history for future prospects, Id just hop from one silly company to the next and report back.
That Drago guy works for them and said it was smoke and mirrors.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I like how @Gavin Burnett doesn't actually answer any of the relevant questions, like "why don't you have an online presence?"

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah, lots of valid questions, comments, concerns have been raised here about Ambulanz's claims. Especially considering a lot of people who aren't active on the forum who might be Googleing the company for more info, this thread will pop up and they'll read it, but only see more vague non answers from the company.....it seriously comes across as they just thought "Eh 72K sounds like a good number to throw on the advertisements" and can be barely bothered to come up with a party line, even a bs one, how they plan to actually make paying Basics doing transfers more than many nurses and other higher level health care professionals make a reality........they must think we're all a bunch of gullible idiots.

OP
OP
toyskater86

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
as advertised at 72k/year, an EMT basic at Ambulnz, in Los Angeles county, will make more $$ than a Executive, Administrative, Professional, Outside Sales and Computer Employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act as per the new FLSA's ruling this year in May. Everyone just quit college and go to his company to make more mone lol.

https://www.dol.gov/whd/overtime/final2016/

Gavin Burnett

Forum Probie
as advertised at 72k/year, an EMT basic at Ambulnz, in Los Angeles county, will make more $$ than a Executive, Administrative, Professional, Outside Sales and Computer Employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act as per the new FLSA's ruling this year in May. Everyone just quit college and go to his company to make more mone lol.

https://www.dol.gov/whd/overtime/final2016/
Hey guys, we're actively hiring and completely open to meeting with any highly qualified EMTs with an entrepreneurial spirit and drive. We definitely have roles for you and can answer any and all questions you have about our platform and services doing the onsite meet&greet. From the threads here some of you are pretty adamant about defending an industry that gets away with paying EMTs around minimum wage with the only incentive being going into OT vs working more efficiently. To each is own, but were at least doing our best to change that. If you look at other innovative companies (uber, lyft, ect) paying 70k+ with little training its pretty easy to see how we value and pay our highly skilled EMTs + Paramedics above those ranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmeriPride

Forum Crew Member
I decided mid-way through this thread to stop posting. I know how people on this site behave and it can be pointless. But...

What Gavin is doing is actually pretty smart. If he did try to answer any questions, any of his answers would just be misquoted and made fun of. There is ZERO incentive for him to go into details. You guys are just baiting and he's right. You have one company trying to change this industry, at least locally, and all the members of the industry here are doing nothing but crapping on that company and expecting the company rep to just answer their individual questions. Nobody is telling you to quit your job, you are allowed to go on an interview while working for another company. Stop by and see what it's like, they will show you the technology and their record with the crews on the new system.

I TRIED to give you some details without overstepping my bounds (I sold my company to Ambulnz, it's now part of their system). I know what they are doing, and I am very enthusiastic about their future. You don't know any of it, you are just speculating. For a bunch of people who are supposed to have empathy as part of your training, some of you are behaving like a bunch of a-holes. You never give anyone a chance, even if they are trying to help you and others.

What's even worse, is that there is at least one person here who is in a management position at a direct competitor company, who does not say it and is saying awful things about their competitor, hiding under a username. I know who you are, and it's really uncalled for. It's one thing for EMTs to say stuff like that, but for member of another company's management to do so is very unethical.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I decided mid-way through this thread to stop posting. I know how people on this site behave and it can be pointless. But...

What Gavin is doing is actually pretty smart. If he did try to answer any questions, any of his answers would just be misquoted and made fun of. There is ZERO incentive for him to go into details. You guys are just baiting and he's right. You have one company trying to change this industry, at least locally, and all the members of the industry here are doing nothing but crapping on that company and expecting the company rep to just answer their individual questions. Nobody is telling you to quit your job, you are allowed to go on an interview while working for another company. Stop by and see what it's like, they will show you the technology and their record with the crews on the new system.

I TRIED to give you some details without overstepping my bounds (I sold my company to Ambulnz, it's now part of their system). I know what they are doing, and I am very enthusiastic about their future. You don't know any of it, you are just speculating. For a bunch of people who are supposed to have empathy as part of your training, some of you are behaving like a bunch of a-holes. You never give anyone a chance, even if they are trying to help you and others.

What's even worse, is that there is at least one person here who is in a management position at a direct competitor company, who does not say it and is saying awful things about their competitor, hiding under a username. I know who you are, and it's really uncalled for. It's one thing for EMTs to say stuff like that, but for member of another company's management to do so is very unethical.
I'm curious as to who is the management hiding? I'm curious as to what DHS and LADOT have to say about the whole uber/lyft ambulance idea. If people want protection, greater wages and improvements to EMS in whole a great place to start is being a member of the NAEMT, educating yourself and perhaps joining a union. By all means, if they can provide $72k a year to a brand new emt; legally, in an ethical manor, not violating labor laws or destroying your employees soul by tiring them out and creating a hord of zombies than great! More power to you and best of luck in your ventures. But key points to basic day to day operations that we have all seen do not equal the numbers for profits. Magic books and monkey math can make great looking numbers. It's only a matter of how long you can exsist in the black before you hit the red and send not only your employs but even your management to the soup kitchen. As you are aware there is endless cost with running a business and its not cheap especially in California to start up a business especially in the current economic climate.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I'm just wondering why this company doesn't have a website or anything beyond an LA County certificate or some Indeed job postings.

How do you find customers?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm just wondering why this company doesn't have a website or anything beyond an LA County certificate or some Indeed job postings.

How do you find customers?
Well they are the product of several combined companys and most if not all of them are primarily dialysis companys. Very few ED trips. Doctors appointments etc. So they basically combined and formd one giant dialysis company. So from there you have one central hub and all companies still under their seperate names and serving their own identity but sharing customers/calls. It would be like CARE if instead of doing primarily 911 were doing primarily dialysis and logisticare calls.

AmeriPride

Forum Crew Member
As you are aware there is endless cost with running a business and its not cheap especially in California to start up a business especially in the current economic climate.
I do, more so than most people who'd posted in this thread. 5 years running a company. I can not publicly comment on this, not my place but I will say that the $30 per call idea works fine, and works with all labor laws in California. And it works with making money on this business. If you know how Ambulance trips are priced, it's not that difficult to figure out. Fixed costs vs. per trip costs. Double the trips, your cost/trip goes down almost in half. Nothing hidden.

Well they are the product of several combined companys and most if not all of them are primarily dialysis companys. Very few ED trips. Doctors appointments etc.

Complete ********. Sorry. Ameripride has done ZERO Dialysis trips in a very long time. I don't believe Impulse has either. I can't speak for Aegis, don't know. You do NOT know the situation, and your latest comment proves it.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I do, more so than most people who'd posted in this thread. 5 years running a company. I can not publicly comment on this, not my place but I will say that the $30 per call idea works fine, and works with all labor laws in California. And it works with making money on this business. If you know how Ambulance trips are priced, it's not that difficult to figure out. Fixed costs vs. per trip costs. Double the trips, your cost/trip goes down almost in half. Nothing hidden.

Complete ********. Sorry. Ameripride has done ZERO Dialysis trips in a very long time. I don't believe Impulse has either. I can't speak for Aegis, don't know. You do NOT know the situation, and your latest comment proves it.
No need for foul language. This has been pretty professional and based on your previous you seem to have an anger issue. Very professional. I was by the way generalising, all the orgs into one. Maybe pictures from various dialysis centers would prove so?

AmeriPride

Forum Crew Member
I don't know if I would call this thread professional. A bunch of people ganging up and generalizing about a new company without any knowledge about the company and calling it all kinds of shady is not professional. The word I used was not even a curse, this site just happens to have a strong filter. Not a problem. If you are sensitive to it, I apologize. My issue is not anger based, btw, it's based on the fact that some of the people in this thread could do really well in Ambulnz environment but NOBODY has given them a chance. If you'd known the owners and management of this company, how honest and by the book they are, and how hard they are trying to do this the right way, you would be upset about this group's behavior towards them.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
I don't think we're ganging up on this company for no good reason. LA EMS has operated the same way for many years. Now this company comes along, buys out a bunch of Jr. varsity companies, and claims their EMTs are going to be now making more than LASD deputies.

Olaf1988 presents a handful of reasonable questions that were ignored. The website that was posted tells me absolutely nothing about the company. It doesn't even have the "[Insert company] quickly became the leading provider.." Line that every company in SoCal uses.

We may come off as crass sometimes, but that's because we aren't a bunch of wide eyed new hires that can have the wool pulled over our eyes. None of this passes the smell test.

Status
Not open for further replies.