Ambulnz Health, LLC (Los Angeles County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
This whole discussion is hilarious. Either you will be making more money than any other ambulance company around or it sounds good on paper, but the reality will hit hard when the bills are finally paid. Plus it seems nobody remembers Resuce One, they used to pay by the call and had to switch to an hourly rate when they couldn't get employees willing to sit in a truck for free until a call came in.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
This whole discussion is hilarious. Either you will be making more money than any other ambulance company around or it sounds good on paper, but the reality will hit hard when the bills are finally paid. Plus it seems nobody remembers Resuce One, they used to pay by the call and had to switch to an hourly rate when they couldn't get employees willing to sit in a truck for free until a call came in.
Never the less that's not really legal. The way uber, lyft, cab drivers get away with it is you are a contractual worker paying out a percentage. Like Uber I beleive gets 30% of your take home.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Sure, not everyone replying here has been business polite. It's an internet message board, that should be expected. If the Ambulanz official internet presence reacts to the internet by effectively throwing a hissy fit when not everyone immediately swallows their kool-aid and goes "ZOMG these guys are the best!!!!11!!1" it honestly makes me question the competency of the management.....after all, you don't see any other business or organization (medical, public safety, for profits, etc) have a PIO that flips out when asked hard questions on a public forum they're willing participating in......Kind of a red flag there, if the management's is showing incompentence here, where else are they showing it?

Plus there's some conflicting claims here, one is that current employees are already super stoked and are indeed making the claimed 72K.....yet on the other hand the company isn't actually up and running yet, it's still in the process of being licensed and the three companies bought out are still operating as they have been....which is it? How can company employees be making such outstanding pay scales when the company isn't even operational yet? Red flag, big one.

I'm a field EMT, I'm not a supervisor or station crew chief or anything involved with management...I make $10.50/hour, and they've basically said they are going to keep us at 50cents above minimum as it climbs.... so yes, especially since I drive a pickup truck with 18/mpg highway 34 miles one way to my station I would DEARLY love to make even half of what Ambulanz claims. EMTs and Paramedics involved in Public Safety should be making more money IMO, we face the exact same risks and hazards as the firefighters we respond with, so yeah, even 35-40K compared to the rookie firefighter's 75K would be awesome compared to what we get now. So if Ambulanz COULD actually deliver on their claims, it would be awesome. However, after having been around the block, not just as an EMT dealing with private companies here in LA, but other life experiences (spending 5 years in the Army and dealing with many a claim from insidious salesmen looking to take advantage of a brand new Private who doesn't know 20%APR on that new Mustang is the exact opposite of a great deal for example)....so when sorry, but I only see smoke and mirrors and snake oil in these claims.

Some legitimate questions have been raised......and not one has been answered satisfactorily. Saying "Come in for an interview!" is not answering anyone's questions. This is a business filled with companies that go under, even though they only pay minimum wage, and here you guys are, making claims that are frankly too good to be true, and you can't provide any justification for how you intend to follow through on those claims.

Gavin Burnett

Forum Probie
Sure, not everyone replying here has been business polite. It's an internet message board, that should be expected. If the Ambulanz official internet presence reacts to the internet by effectively throwing a hissy fit when not everyone immediately swallows their kool-aid and goes "ZOMG these guys are the best!!!!11!!1" it honestly makes me question the competency of the management.....after all, you don't see any other business or organization (medical, public safety, for profits, etc) have a PIO that flips out when asked hard questions on a public forum they're willing participating in......Kind of a red flag there, if the management's is showing incompentence here, where else are they showing it?

Plus there's some conflicting claims here, one is that current employees are already super stoked and are indeed making the claimed 72K.....yet on the other hand the company isn't actually up and running yet, it's still in the process of being licensed and the three companies bought out are still operating as they have been....which is it? How can company employees be making such outstanding pay scales when the company isn't even operational yet? Red flag, big one.

I'm a field EMT, I'm not a supervisor or station crew chief or anything involved with management...I make $10.50/hour, and they've basically said they are going to keep us at 50cents above minimum as it climbs.... so yes, especially since I drive a pickup truck with 18/mpg highway 34 miles one way to my station I would DEARLY love to make even half of what Ambulanz claims. EMTs and Paramedics involved in Public Safety should be making more money IMO, we face the exact same risks and hazards as the firefighters we respond with, so yeah, even 35-40K compared to the rookie firefighter's 75K would be awesome compared to what we get now. So if Ambulanz COULD actually deliver on their claims, it would be awesome. However, after having been around the block, not just as an EMT dealing with private companies here in LA, but other life experiences (spending 5 years in the Army and dealing with many a claim from insidious salesmen looking to take advantage of a brand new Private who doesn't know 20%APR on that new Mustang is the exact opposite of a great deal for example)....so when sorry, but I only see smoke and mirrors and snake oil in these claims.

Some legitimate questions have been raised......and not one has been answered satisfactorily. Saying "Come in for an interview!" is not answering anyone's questions. This is a business filled with companies that go under, even though they only pay minimum wage, and here you guys are, making claims that are frankly too good to be true, and you can't provide any justification for how you intend to follow through on those claims.
Huh? Not sure what you mean by "Effectively throwing a fit" here. We have a complete open door policy for those genuinely interested. If you're a legitimate qualified candidate you're welcome to apply, come onsite to check us out and ask any and all questions you may have. Gavin @ Ambulnz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gavin Burnett

Forum Probie
@Jim37F If you think I'm being too vague or guarded, sorry and really that's not the intention at all, or how we work here. So far I've taken the time to answer the primary details of our model and, per request, direct feedback from EMTs which are already onboard multiple months in. My real name and contact info is listed if you'd like to get in touch unlike any of the anonymous posters here who have outright stated they are: A from direct competitors or B in rude private messages that they are trolling in their time for fun (which is a 100% complete waste of time I don't have). Given what I've seen going into every granular detail of our business model here would be very unwise wouldn't you agree? Again, if you're actually qualified and interested, we're happy to review your resume and schedule an interview. We don't waste people's time and just ask that you don't waste ours.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
and yet you answer no questions...

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
@Jim37F If you think I'm being too vague or guarded, sorry and really that's not the intention at all, or how we work here. So far I've taken the time to answer the primary details of our model and, per request, direct feedback from EMTs which are already onboard multiple months in. My real name and contact info is listed if you'd like to get in touch unlike any of the anonymous posters here who have outright stated they are: A from direct competitors or B in rude private messages that they are trolling in their time for fun (which is a 100% complete waste of time I don't have). Given what I've seen going into every granular detail of our business model here would be very unwise wouldn't you agree? Again, if you're actually qualified and interested, we're happy to review your resume and schedule an interview. We don't waste people's time and just ask that you don't waste ours.

So in that case why not answer basic question. When does $30 per call start/stops? It will in no way give up your secrets.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Hey @looker Sure, Every completed transport counts.

Thank you for confirming what i thought you were doing. While it might seems like it will be win/win at the end it will not work. When crew works either 8 or 10 or 12 they all like to slack off. Take a little longer on arrival, loading etc and as result do less work. Give crew incentive to work harder and they make more money. Except crew will not be able to do amount of jobs that they would need to do to come anywhere close to 72 a year, especially if the area that you take is extremely big in order to try to keep units working non stop. While we did have big reduction in ambulance companies and i am sure we will have more, there is still not enough business to do what you suggest that crew can do to make that much. Lets also not forget that there are delays beyond crew control such as traffic, patient not ready in arrival facility, no room for patient in the drop off facility, patient cancelled appointment before you arrived/during and no one told you etc. I will be honest, advertising that you can make up to 72k a year, be your own boss etc make great for marking but at the end of the day it's just smoke and mirror as you will not be able to deliver it. At the same time, good luck. Maybe you can do what no one been able to do before even biggest company like AMR which been in business for very long time.

MeatWagon

Forum Probie
Graphics wrap being applied to 4 new Ford Transit Type II ambulances for Ambulnz. I can't post a link to the photos because I'm a newbie here. To see the photos go to getmorewraps on Instagram.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
image.jpg

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I seem to recall some where that in order to pass as an ambulance in LA county as well as city, chp, you need to have an identification that it is an ambulance. Also per city rules, if its a cct unit must state cct but than again ive seen Amwest on multiple occasions running cct out of a bls unit and Royalty having cct equipment and designated units BEFORE they were qualified for cct operations. If I saw that going down the street, I would think it was Sears, Lowes,Amazon or some other retailer vs ambulance imo. Also insurance cases have proven that yellow and red have both been seen as better attention grabbers and lower your risk of accidents by 30% just saying.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
I seem to recall some where that in order to pass as an ambulance in LA county as well as city, chp, you need to have an identification that it is an ambulance. Also per city rules, if its a cct unit must state cct but than again ive seen Amwest on multiple occasions running cct out of a bls unit and Royalty having cct equipment and designated units BEFORE they were qualified for cct operations. If I saw that going down the street, I would think it was Sears, Lowes,Amazon or some other retailer vs ambulance imo. Also insurance cases have proven that yellow and red have both been seen as better attention grabbers and lower your risk of accidents by 30% just saying.

Yes ambulance must be easily identified as ambulance. That to me look more like some type of delivery compare to ambulance. As for royalty, their were conducting cct prior to la county enacting new rule regarding license so it was all legal

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
I been doing research and i don't believe that is real picture. I say that because when application was submitted to lacounty for approval there was following statement "
On 10/08/15, color photographs were submitted of the right, left, front and rear of an Impulse Ambulance. On the bottom of the photos is a statement which is signed by Vince Pinsky, Managing Director for Ambulnz Health, LLC and Andre Oberholzer, CFO for Ambulnz Health, LLC which indicates the Impulse Ambulance vehicle color scheme and insignia will remain the same as previously approved without any changes.
On 11/17/15, a revised “Organizational Structure” chart for Ambulnz, LLC was submitted which states an identifier will be added on the vehicles “Owned by Ambulnz Health, LLC."

It's on page 22 of the application for change of ownership.
I don't believe change of ownership been submitted for any other ambulance to la county but could be wrong.

Attachments

• cms1_237720.pdf
    422.9 KB · Views: 921
Last edited:

AmeriPride

Forum Crew Member
looker, a lot of stuff has happened since that meeting :) they bought 2 more companies. That is the real ambulance. And it's been approved by EMS.

AmeriPride

Forum Crew Member
Thank you for confirming what i thought you were doing. While it might seems like it will be win/win at the end it will not work. When crew works either 8 or 10 or 12 they all like to slack off. Take a little longer on arrival, loading etc and as result do less work. Give crew incentive to work harder and they make more money. Except crew will not be able to do amount of jobs that they would need to do to come anywhere close to 72 a year, especially if the area that you take is extremely big in order to try to keep units working non stop. While we did have big reduction in ambulance companies and i am sure we will have more, there is still not enough business to do what you suggest that crew can do to make that much. Lets also not forget that there are delays beyond crew control such as traffic, patient not ready in arrival facility, no room for patient in the drop off facility, patient cancelled appointment before you arrived/during and no one told you etc. I will be honest, advertising that you can make up to 72k a year, be your own boss etc make great for marking but at the end of the day it's just smoke and mirror as you will not be able to deliver it. At the same time, good luck. Maybe you can do what no one been able to do before even biggest company like AMR which been in business for very long time.

See, you don't see the whole picture, because Gavin is not at liberty to discuss ALL the strategies that lead to a much more productive way of doing business here in public. His job is to get people to come to interviews and get hired. Nevertheless, without giving away details, Ambulnz is implementing some new strategies and technologies to make all the things you mention above not so relevant. Lazy employees will not be on crews that get "per call" payments, those are reserved for employees who want to hussle and make money. You have to be productive and not lazy in order to get paid and that is what Ambulnz will expect from their crews. Once a few paychecks come in and EMTs start telling their friends, there will be lines for interviews, but until then, it's Gavin's job to get people to come in and apply, because they have 3 stations with a growing line of business and not enough employees, because everyone is afraid of this new entity and are afraid to leave their old jobs where they are being paid minimum wage plus 50 cents.

BTW, at Ameripride, we paid (and still pay) $12 starting wage for the last year. And still had a problem getting employees because of the crazy bonuses paid out by some ambulance companies. All while doing ZERO Medicare dialysis.

AmeriPride

Forum Crew Member
BTW, I hope you guys understand that I have ZERO to gain in this conversation. I am not part of Ambulnz nor do I run Ameripride anymore. I just think they deserve a chance because they are doing some fantastic things that are new and different. The owner, Stan, has a lot of passion for EMTs and the way the industry under-rewards them. He's been in the field and he knows his stuff. When they purchased Ameripride, he spent two days talking to all our employees to see what was working and what was not, personally. Time will tell how much they will succeed but nobody has tried so much on your behalf yet, and was treated with such disdain and distrust. I understand lack of trust considering some of the organizations you work for, but the fact that none of you will take an hour to go to an interview and report back is sad.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
See, you don't see the whole picture, because Gavin is not at liberty to discuss ALL the strategies that lead to a much more productive way of doing business here in public. His job is to get people to come to interviews and get hired. Nevertheless, without giving away details, Ambulnz is implementing some new strategies and technologies to make all the things you mention above not so relevant. Lazy employees will not be on crews that get "per call" payments, those are reserved for employees who want to hussle and make money. You have to be productive and not lazy in order to get paid and that is what Ambulnz will expect from their crews. Once a few paychecks come in and EMTs start telling their friends, there will be lines for interviews, but until then, it's Gavin's job to get people to come in and apply, because they have 3 stations with a growing line of business and not enough employees, because everyone is afraid of this new entity and are afraid to leave their old jobs where they are being paid minimum wage plus 50 cents.

BTW, at Ameripride, we paid (and still pay) $12 starting wage for the last year. And still had a problem getting employees because of the crazy bonuses paid out by some ambulance companies. All while doing ZERO Medicare dialysis.
So you say I don't see full picture, so by implementing new strategy and new technology etc they will be able to have patient ready when they get to nursing place etc? Oh please that is just wishful thinking. Even when you do hospital discharge you might be waiting because doc forgot to sign some paper. Hussling is all good if and when that is possible but often times its not. They are new guys on the block that do a lot of talking but anyone with basic understanding of how ambulance industry works understand that getting employees to hussle as you put it will not work. Good luck to this new company to be sucesful as they are claiming but I will believe it when I see it.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Again per who ive spoken to from your company/companies they say that $72k a year is bull. Plus from some of the quality people you hire, ive ended up showing up 10 minutes later taking them back to the ER for something the emt should have caught when he picked up. Your hussle is going to hurt people.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Again per who ive spoken to from your company/companies they say that $72k a year is bull. Plus from some of the quality people you hire, ive ended up showing up 10 minutes later taking them back to the ER for something the emt should have caught when he picked up. Your hussle is going to hurt people.

That is also another issue of crew cutting corners to get more trip done

Status
Not open for further replies.