Ambulnz Health, LLC (Los Angeles County)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
toyskater86

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 603

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
looker, a lot of stuff has happened since that meeting :) they bought 2 more companies. That is the real ambulance. And it's been approved by EMS.
While i believe you, there is nothing public that i would expect to be. Specifically la county do not have pending change of ownership. That is the main step company must take in addition to notifying medicare etc of ownership change. Yet you say that ameripride is now being run under new management.

BurntMedic

Forum Ride Along
Hey all, I'm new to this forum and found this particular thread as I was googling Ambulnz, a company that I have an interview with in the next several weeks. I've read this entire thread and I must admit, I'm just as skeptical as you are. I'm a 10 year vet of Los Angeles private ems, and as such, am sufficiently wary of any ambulance company in the greater los angeles area. That being said, googling the names of the CEO of Ambulnz, Stan Vashovsky, and the CFO, Andre Oberholzer, gives some pretty telling information about the direction this company is headed. It seems both have been execs at Phillips Medical Systems Group and both men have very impressive tech resumes. It's enough for me to at least take the interview and give these guys a thorough look. I hope you find this info helpful and I'll report back post-interview.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey all, I'm new to this forum and found this particular thread as I was googling Ambulnz, a company that I have an interview with in the next several weeks. I've read this entire thread and I must admit, I'm just as skeptical as you are. I'm a 10 year vet of Los Angeles private ems, and as such, am sufficiently wary of any ambulance company in the greater los angeles area. That being said, googling the names of the CEO of Ambulnz, Stan Vashovsky, and the CFO, Andre Oberholzer, gives some pretty telling information about the direction this company is headed. It seems both have been execs at Phillips Medical Systems Group and both men have very impressive tech resumes. It's enough for me to at least take the interview and give these guys a thorough look. I hope you find this info helpful and I'll report back post-interview.
Well than as you know your timing in this situation is pretty convenient. We've had several report Post interview that it wasn't all it was made out to be and I have 2 other sources that state the same. Im curious where youworked before?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Also ive been around for well over 10 years in LA and know my share of old timers. Some newbies as well.

BurntMedic

Forum Ride Along
Wow. Ok. I started at mccormick in 2006 right out of emt school at El camino. I worked 1501 for 3 years out inglewood, the old station on imperial and prairie. I left to go el Caminos full time fire academy and when I finished I was hired at ucla-Santa monica as a tech in the er. I worked for 3 years there until I could afford medic school at freeman, which I payed for myself, out of pocket. I did my internship with la city and I was out in 20 shifts. I got hired at ambuserve out of the gate and have been there ever since. Im currently sitting in an ugly-*** green and purple rig trying to figure out my next move. My point is, as a newcomer to the thread, maybe I have a fresh set of eyes. I don't work for Ambulanz, nor do I have any ties to them, other than an interview in the next couple weeks. Maybe take a step back and get some perspective on the situation, look at it from a different angle. I'm just trying to see the whole picture before I rush to judgement and form an opinion. I hadn't seen the point brought up that several of the higher-ups come from several reputable technology companies and maybe there's more to the story. Im not some corporate shill, I just want all the information.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow. Ok. I started at mccormick in 2006 right out of emt school at El camino. I worked 1501 for 3 years out inglewood, the old station on imperial and prairie. I left to go el Caminos full time fire academy and when I finished I was hired at ucla-Santa monica as a tech in the er. I worked for 3 years there until I could afford medic school at freeman, which I payed for myself, out of pocket. I did my internship with la city and I was out in 20 shifts. I got hired at ambuserve out of the gate and have been there ever since. Im currently sitting in an ugly-*** green and purple rig trying to figure out my next move. My point is, as a newcomer to the thread, maybe I have a fresh set of eyes. I don't work for Ambulanz, nor do I have any ties to them, other than an interview in the next couple weeks. Maybe take a step back and get some perspective on the situation, look at it from a different angle. I'm just trying to see the whole picture before I rush to judgement and form an opinion. I hadn't seen the point brought up that several of the higher-ups come from several reputable technology companies and maybe there's more to the story. Im not some corporate shill, I just want all the information.
Why not go somewhere like AMR, care, doctors,schaefer if you have 911 experience. If you have fire training they bought rural metro and can lateral over to fire fighting. Amr, doctors, schaefer are as well union and at a 10 year mark could be making some serious dough. Ambuserve is a pretty big drop from Mccormick.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
This is getting a little petty, isn't it? Are you down to making fun of the trucks?

If you really want to know what's going on, why don't you go interview and then come back and report to all the curious people who are just dying to know what's happening at Ambulnz.

Otherwise, why not just go about your business?

AmeriPride

Forum Crew Member
While i believe you, there is nothing public that i would expect to be. Specifically la county do not have pending change of ownership. That is the main step company must take in addition to notifying medicare etc of ownership change. Yet you say that ameripride is now being run under new management.

So, if all your knowledge comes from reading the online applications of ambulance companies, you may have a really one sided view of how EMS Agency works. Trust me , you do not know how it works. Not everything has to be done through a public hearing, and it's not hiding anything, some things are done through other channels that are 100% legal. Once it happens you will know.

And btw, there is nothing wrong with the way Ambulnz is operating Ameripride right now. The local authorities are aware of it, it's something called a Management Agreement pending a sale. Standard procedure in this and most other businesses where there is government entities approvals that are needed for the sale.

You know, that guy BurntMedic is the smartest guy I have met here so far. He did the easy thing called GOOGLE and looked up the people running Ambulnz. If you had done so, none of this "fake, bait and switch, dialysis fraud" conversation would be happening. Look those two up and you will know why you should be applying with them. The rest of you, keep working for $10.50 an your and staying on your high horses.

AND ONCE AGAIN, management of another company making fun of a competitor without saying who they are is 100% UNETHICAL. I will not say now who they are but if they post again, I will tell people who they are.

fatkid

New, but gettin the hang of EMS
So, if all your knowledge comes from reading the online applications of ambulance companies, you may have a really one sided view of how EMS Agency works. Trust me , you do not know how it works. Not everything has to be done through a public hearing, and it's not hiding anything, some things are done through other channels that are 100% legal. Once it happens you will know.

And btw, there is nothing wrong with the way Ambulnz is operating Ameripride right now. The local authorities are aware of it, it's something called a Management Agreement pending a sale. Standard procedure in this and most other businesses where there is government entities approvals that are needed for the sale.

You know, that guy BurntMedic is the smartest guy I have met here so far. He did the easy thing called GOOGLE and looked up the people running Ambulnz. If you had done so, none of this "fake, bait and switch, dialysis fraud" conversation would be happening. Look those two up and you will know why you should be applying with them. The rest of you, keep working for $10.50 an your and staying on your high horses.

AND ONCE AGAIN, management of another company making fun of a competitor without saying who they are is 100% UNETHICAL. I will not say now who they are but if they post again, I will tell people who they are.

So did all Ameripride EMT's get a pay raise yet?? Are they making 72k a year now, or are they making the same prior to the merger.

AmeriPride

Forum Crew Member
So did all Ameripride EMT's get a pay raise yet?? Are they making 72k a year now, or are they making the same prior to the merger.

Are you really that childish to think that EVERY EMT will make 72k? This is obviously an idealistic figure that will probably be difficult to achieve for many EMTs? Why do you keep sticking it so much, no matter how much facts are put in front of you? Why not cheer for someone who is trying to improve your brethern's pay?

Also, Ameripride's base pay has been $12 for any full time EMT for over a year now, not the $10.50 you guys are all crying about. And, no, they are not making 72k yet, because, as I said earlier in the thread (not that you pay attention), the companies have not merged yet, and for the most part, each one is run separately, with separate payrolls and management teams. Some of the things that are being tested at Impulse right now (like the $30/call pay) have not been implemented at Ameripride yet. The management is very smart not to roll out everything before it's all worked out and ready.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief

If you think i get my info from google you highly mistaken. I own my own bls ift company. I been considering selling for the last 3 month and talked to both county and la city to see what the procedure is on seller makes the purchase.I sold my other part of business(wheelchair company 3 years ago and glad i did, now i think it's time to get ride of ems before this drops like a hammer as well) I was told that I will still be legal responsible until it's officially approved by the county. As for you spilling name of management, not sure who you're talking about as I never id myself nor do i advertise for employee on this board for that reason so i can be anonymous. The main issue people have here is the claim of 72k. Many companies have been purchased/merged over the year but none of them made such crazy claim that your wage will triple. If 72k even remotely possible, i am sure that shortly a lot of emt's will be talking about it. One thing i am curious, if you're no longer involved, why are yo so happy to defend any comment that says anything about your old company?

AmeriPride

Forum Crew Member
looker, I was not talking about you, when I mentioned management. I DO find it wrong and unethical that you make fun of your competitor while being anonymous, but there is another member in this thread who is a Marketing Director for another ambulance provider, who is doing the same. When you are in business/management, you have a higher standard than an EMT. It is wrong to poke fun, name in a bad way, say "don't go there, go here" about your direct competitor. It is sleazy and uncalled for. Honor is important to some of us in business.

As far as why I continue to be part of this conversation? Simple. I am proud of the company I ran. I did not try to sell my company, i was running it fine by myself. The Ambulnz people were asking around LA for companies that they should talk to, and someone recommended us to them. They came and liked what they saw, how the company was run, honestly and honorably, and gave us an offer. We decided that it was a) a good offer, and b) the right people to continue and IMPROVE the legacy that I worked crazy hours for 5 years to create. That's why I am helping them. I respect the hell out of them, and I believe in what they are doing. BTW, it's not all lovefest here. I am the first to give them critique when I see something that could be done differently, PRIVATELY to them. And they listen, and make their OWN decision. And I respect that, they will succeed on their own terms.

As far as the 72k number, yeah, it's a bit ambitious, and quite a tough one to explain and to achieve. I would have shot for a lower target, but they wanted to aim high and they got you all talking about it. And I don't mind your skepticism of it, I mind the accusatory and derogatory tone of this conversation, specially by people that should be staying the hell away from it.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
looker, I was not talking about you, when I mentioned management. I DO find it wrong and unethical that you make fun of your competitor while being anonymous, but there is another member in this thread who is a Marketing Director for another ambulance provider, who is doing the same. When you are in business/management, you have a higher standard than an EMT. It is wrong to poke fun, name in a bad way, say "don't go there, go here" about your direct competitor. It is sleazy and uncalled for. Honor is important to some of us in business.

As far as why I continue to be part of this conversation? Simple. I am proud of the company I ran. I did not try to sell my company, i was running it fine by myself. The Ambulnz people were asking around LA for companies that they should talk to, and someone recommended us to them. They came and liked what they saw, how the company was run, honestly and honorably, and gave us an offer. We decided that it was a) a good offer, and b) the right people to continue and IMPROVE the legacy that I worked crazy hours for 5 years to create. That's why I am helping them. I respect the hell out of them, and I believe in what they are doing. BTW, it's not all lovefest here. I am the first to give them critique when I see something that could be done differently, PRIVATELY to them. And they listen, and make their OWN decision. And I respect that, they will succeed on their own terms.

As far as the 72k number, yeah, it's a bit ambitious, and quite a tough one to explain and to achieve. I would have shot for a lower target, but they wanted to aim high and they got you all talking about it. And I don't mind your skepticism of it, I mind the accusatory and derogatory tone of this conversation, specially by people that should be staying the hell away from it.
Was that supposed to mean ME as management? FAR from management or a PR position, sorry! There are a few on here that know me in person and are laughing at it. I'm done with your post and simply observing. Good luck to you.

AmeriPride

Forum Crew Member
No, it's not you. This person is a Marketing director for a company Ameripride regularly competes with in the field.

fatkid

New, but gettin the hang of EMS
I guess time will tell what will happen with Ambulnz and all the rhetoric surrounding this emerging company.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
I guess time will tell what will happen with Ambulnz and all the rhetoric surrounding this emerging company.
I totally agree,I say within the next 3-6 month we should have much better picture if what they are saying is bs or they somehow figure out something that no one else have.

Status
Not open for further replies.