Age when you joined EMS

Anomalous

Forum Lieutenant
I took my first EMT class in 1979 @ 21 years old. It was an EMT-A (A for Ambulance). You could license as an EMT if you were not affiliated with an ambulance service or an EMT-A if you were.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I was 19 almost 20. Been at it a year now

apagea99

Forum Lieutenant
I've been interested since I was 4 or 5......just started my first class last month.....I'll be 35 day after tomorrow lol :p

There's no time like the present for beginning the rest of your life!

tydek07

Forum Captain
I was 17yo when finished EMT class

And 19 when finished Medic class

tatersalad

Forum Crew Member
I'll be 43 when I start the EMT-B class in January :)

PRP Firefighter

Forum Ride Along
I have been a ff for 25 years. I got my emt license in 85, let them expire. I completed the class this year so Im now a EMT once more.

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
Took the class when I was almost 17. It's about a year and 2 months since then.

Pretty interesting to see that many of you have stuck with it since you were in your teens, and not bounced around careers aimlessly like kids now.

Paul

Forum Ride Along
58. Received my EMT-B just a few months ago. Will have ACLS, PALS, and PHTLS in a few months. Then onward and upward.

Some think age is a barrier. Its all in their heads.

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
I started EMT at 19, finished EMT at 20. Been at it since May of this year. Hope to have my medic before I'm 25.

flhtci01

Forum Captain
Got my Basic at 42, Medic at 47. Been doing ski patrol ski '86.

And loving all of it!

tatersalad

Forum Crew Member
58. Received my EMT-B just a few months ago. Will have ACLS, PALS, and PHTLS in a few months. Then onward and upward.

Some think age is a barrier. Its all in their heads.

absolutely

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh yeah?! Well I got my EMT-B in utero and my paramedic as soon as I could support my own head.

stephenrb81

Forum Lieutenant
Oh yeah?! Well I got my EMT-B in utero and my paramedic as soon as I could support my own head.

Nice...Must've made your birth soooo much easier

"Hmmm..This uterus is quivering and getting smaller, better make my way out. Guess I better dive it head first and keep this damned cord away from my gullet"

Kendall

Forum Lieutenant
Ha! I've got you all beat!

Started volunteering at the tender age of 6 years old.

Just got my license as an EMR from Alberta College of Paramedics and I am now 17.

Have been working as an emergency sports therapist for 6 months and hope to have my EMT-A (roughly an American EMT-I) in the next year or so.

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
I was 16 when I started volunteer firefighting, 20 when I became an I, going to medic school in april,