63 car pile up!

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
How about that for a training scenario. Having to walk on cars to get to do your triage. What a mess!

OP
OP
SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Anyone on this board respond to this call?

planetmike

Forum Lieutenant
My family lives about 10 miles from that bridge. It's a section of Interstate in a rural-ish section of the state between Newport News and Richmond. Would have been nasty gaining access, unless they went the wrong way down the Interstate, like they do for hurricane lane reversals. Traffic backup in all the area roads would have been even more nasty.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Everybody that can walk, leave.
Theres 80% taken care of.
A good start, but where do you send them? How do you get rid of them, so to speak?

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
If they have transportation, home or to find their way to treatment. They don’t need to be treated there. If not, bus them to a pick up point, then they can seek care. Doc in the box, clinic, etc.

KingCountyMedic

Forum Lieutenant
I did one close to it back in the old days with a ton of "Pemco Pain" and "All Stateitis" patients and we were using the "Bubble Forms" for billing....talk about a paperwork nightmare!

OP
OP
SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
If we have a true MCI then our paperwork changes completely. We change from a ePCR on all patients to either a paper PCR or just the triage tag.

OP
OP
SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
If we have a true MCI then our paperwork changes completely. We change from a ePCR on all patients to either a paper PCR or just the triage tag.
We did the same.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I did one close to it back in the old days with a ton of "Pemco Pain" and "All Stateitis" patients and we were using the "Bubble Forms" for billing....talk about a paperwork nightmare!
Pemco Pain is such a Washington state thing. :) I said it here on the east coast and everyone looks at me like I had two heads.

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
A good start, but where do you send them? How do you get rid of them, so to speak?

We had a scene flight a few years back we flew into for a large vehicle pileup and the first arriving units actually used an empty tractor trailer that was involved in the accident to shelter all the walking wounded from the wind and cold. Thought that was pretty resourceful given the chaos that was going on at the time.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Close the freeway at the closest off ramps, turn traffic around that is not involved so that they can get off that onramp and pray no one responding slides into the wreck

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We had a scene flight a few years back we flew into for a large vehicle pileup and the first arriving units actually used an empty tractor trailer that was involved in the accident to shelter all the walking wounded from the wind and cold. Thought that was pretty resourceful given the chaos that was going on at the time.
That is awesome. So often it's like "get a bus," which is answered with "yea but how." Too easy to blow off that kind of pre planning I guess.

Phillyrube

Leading Chief
Agencies that went were: York County Fire, James City County Fire, Williamsburg Fire, Navy Regional Fire, Camp Peary Emergency Services. Patients went to my old employer, Riverside Health Services, has two hospitals in area. Other hospitals that caught were Sentara Williamsburg Hospital, Mary Immaculate Hospital, and VCU Medical Center in Richmond. I think everyone has been discharged