2,831 Questions added to NREMT question bank in 2018 according to official annual report

Status
Not open for further replies.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

I took the FISDAP to course complete my paramedic program. Personally I found it to be harder than the NRP... passed first try too.

OP
OP
V

VFD

Forum Ride Along
Ok, now we know you're full of it... why would people already in this profession ie the ER nurses and med students be taking an EMT class. Funny thing 96% of my paramedic class (16 people) passed NRP (national registry paramedic) on the first attempt. Also, if I recall correctly 80-something % of my EMT class (20 or so) passed NREMT.
What a profoundly ignorant response. Let's use some critical thinking skills: Why would an ER Tech/Nurse need to get certified as an EMT? Well, because as anyone in EMS should know, it's a requirement to be able to work on a Life Flight Helicopter. Fun fact: one if the helicopters we have access to is a certified Level I Trauma Center. That's right, the helicopter's capabilities match that of a dedicated trauma center.

Thats not how this works. Thats not how this works at all.
Actually, that is how it works. Sorry = [

No... we don't... wither its right or it's not. On my NRP which I took about a year and a half ago mind you... I would get a question with two blatantly wrong answers, 1 answer that could be a possibility, and one correct answer. This whole the correct answer isn't there is complete and utter BS.
Wait.... I thought we were talking about the EMT national registry exam. My bad...

Dood... don't even go there... over half the people on this website are EMT/ paramedic instructors. They know a thing or two about NREMT.
So, based on your poorly worded comment, I'm guessing you're in the 50% of EMS wannabes? Great to know that half the people on here (according to you) are fakes. Ever hear of stolen valor?
To stay relevant OP, you shouldn't have to study for NREMT. You should pass your EMT or paramedic class and walk into your written NREMT the next day and be able to pass.
Now I know you haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about. The class does NOT prepare you for the exam. If you talk to anyone in emergency medical field, they'll all tell you the same thing.

Final thoughts before I leave this useless site forever:

1. I have 3 years experience in EMS already, and have seen lot's of f***ed up S**t : )
2. Unless you've had a loved one/family member blow their brains out while you pleaded with them not to, I have thicker skin than you.
3. I know many many paramedics, EMT's, firefighters, LE, etc. and they don't have time to waste online harassing people simple looking for answers. Are you even genuine/legitimate?
4. Why do spend all your free time defending the NREMT? Are you on their payroll?
5. I'm glad you all get so much genuine value added to your life by consistently seeking to humiliate anyone unfortunate enough to seek advice on this pathetic forum.

Best regards,

An Actual First Responder

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
What a profoundly ignorant response. Let's use some critical thinking skills: Why would an ER Tech/Nurse need to get certified as an EMT? Well, because as anyone in EMS should know, it's a requirement to be able to work on a Life Flight Helicopter. Fun fact: one if the helicopters we have access to is a certified Level I Trauma Center. That's right, the helicopter's capabilities match that of a dedicated trauma center.

Wait.... I thought we were talking about the EMT national registry exam. My bad...

So, based on your poorly worded comment, I'm guessing you're in the 50% of EMS wannabes? Great to know that half the people on here (according to you) are fakes. Ever hear of stolen valor?

Now I know you haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about. The class does NOT prepare you for the exam. If you talk to anyone in emergency medical field, they'll all tell you the same thing.

1. I have 3 years experience in EMS already, and have seen lot's of f***ed up S**t : )
2. Unless you've had a loved one/family member blow their brains out while you pleaded with them not to, I have thicker skin than you.
3. I know many many paramedics, EMT's, firefighters, LE, etc. and they don't have time to waste online harassing people simple looking for answers. Are you even genuine/legitimate?
4. Why do spend all your free time defending the NREMT? Are you on their payroll?
5. I'm glad you all get so much genuine value added to your life by consistently seeking to humiliate anyone unfortunate enough to seek advice on this pathetic forum.

Best regards,

As an actual Flight Medic, there are many areas that do not require nurses or doctors to have any EMS certifications/licenses.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief

Best regards,

Also as someone that actually works on a helicopter, our state has no requirement for Nurses or Doctors to be EMT's.

I now see the genuine reason for this thread, it's all about YOU and you refusing to accept that either your instructor or yourself, failed to prepare you for the exam.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Cool story bro. 5 years as a EMT 2 as a paramedic and I haven't even scratched the surface of my career yet.

Judging by your responses I doubt it.

I don't know, are you legitimate? Furthermore if you have a simple question I'm more than happy to answer. When your first post on here is you *****ing about something thats relatively easy to pass you're going to get the responses that you've been getting.

I'm certinaley not defending anything. I'm just stating a simple fact that it was relatively easy to pass... stressful? Yes, hardest test I've taken? No

I'm glad you can't accept the legitimate advice that people are giving you from first hand experience. Also, if this forum is so pathetic then one must ask the question why are you even on here?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Thats not how this works. Thats not how this works at all.
iu

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
That's right, the helicopter's capabilities match that of a dedicated trauma center.
That's pretty sweet. I have yet to see a helicopter crew insert a chest tube. or perform surgery. or do a chest x ray. But if your helicopter crews do that, I'd love to speak to a representative from that agency so I can confirm your outlandish claims :rolleyes:
Yep, that's us, all EMS wannabes. Apparently we fooled you good, because you joined a site that is all wannabes. Our PR person is awesome.
The class does NOT prepare you for the exam. If you talk to anyone in emergency medical field, they'll all tell you the same thing.
no, it evaluates if you are able to grasp the minimum standards for the national registry EMT exam concepts.
Final thoughts before I leave this useless site forever
is that a threat or a promise?
three whole years? wow, aren't you salty veteran.... have you even recerted your EMT card yet? Come talk to me after year 15....
that has nothing to do with EMS, but if you saw that, you should see professional help. Also, it has nothing to do with thick skin.
yep, that's us wannabes. we are all pretend firefighters, EMTs, paramedics, and cops. You have discovered our secret. :rolleyes: n And we never have any downtime or want to help others or socialize in EMS
Why do you spend so much time condemning the NREMT? did you not pass the first/second/third time? Are you on the payroll of their competitors?
no one forced you to join, and no one will miss you when you leave.
Best regards,

Yeah, for some reason, I think this is likely the fakest statement you have posted yet. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, we do insert chest tubes (at least in the two states ive worked in), but I get your point.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
This has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.