Woman kills 3 week old baby, eats it

Cory

Forum Captain
I guess you miss the fact that MANY people are trying to make abortions illegal, correct? But as of now, they are legal.

Are suggesting we should make abortion punishable by execution?... if not then I don't understand the point you were makng here.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Are suggesting we should make abortion punishable by execution?... if not then I don't understand the point you were makng here.

No.

You said;

then why wouldn't we give the death penalty to every woman who has an abortion?

And I said we don't punish them because it's not illegal, and therefor not murder in the eyes of the law. The only other crime that civilians can commit that is punishable by death is treason.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic

Sasha

Forum Chief

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
*Bank-robbery-related murder or kidnapping

You do realize bank robbery with murder is STILL murder, correct?

And I'm talking federal level, not every capital punishment state with their hard to track capital crimes that are never in the news.

Last edited by a moderator:

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Yeah when is the last time you have heard of someone getting the death penalty for something that does not include murder within the US?

I never said they are used often or at all. Linuss said that the only crimes punishable by death are treason and murder. Technically, the crimes I listed are punishable by death as well.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
You do realize bank robbery with murder is STILL murder, correct?

And I'm talking federal level, not every capital punishment state with their hard to track capital crimes that are never in the news.

Yes, I do. But if you read it carefully, you can see that it says kidnapping is a capital offense as well if it involves a bank robbery:

"Bank-robbery-related kidnapping"

Noted about the federal level. You may have specified, but I may have missed it. My apologies.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Naw, I didn't explicitly specificy federal. I was going off the abortion thing which is legal federally, so it doesn't matter what the individual states think, which is where I continued with the others.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah when is the last time you have heard of someone getting the death penalty for something that does not include murder within the US?
I seem to recall that there was a case in Louisiana a few years (maybe five or so) where the aggravated rape of a child provoked the handing down of a death penalty decision. Personally I think that's one punishment and a crime that needs to be combined more often right there. However, if I recall the US Supreme Court (bunch of morons) overturned the law behind it. I wish the Supreme Court thought more along the lines of:
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/supreme_court_rules_death_penalty

Warning: Linked video includes some vulgar language, albeit really funny.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Naw, I didn't explicitly specificy federal. I was going off the abortion thing which is legal federally, so it doesn't matter what the individual states think, which is where I continued with the others.

Aha. I just didn't connect the dots. Long day :wacko:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Now don't take what I saw as gospel. There can be more to get the death penalty as a civilian at the federal level, I just don't know of it, and was always told it was those 2 things.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Now don't take what I saw as gospel. There can be more to get the death penalty as a civilian at the federal level, I just don't know of it, and was always told it was those 2 things.

I looked through the list here, and besides murder and espionage (treason), the only other way to get death is what I said earlier: committing a bank robbery that involves a kidnapping.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
The website has it wrong.

The actual phrasing;

Whoever, in committing any offense defined in this section, or in avoiding or attempting to avoid apprehension for the commission of such offense, or in freeing himself or attempting to free himself from arrest or confinement for such offense, kills any person, or forces any person to accompany him without the consent of such person, shall be imprisoned not less than ten years, or if death results shall be punished by death or life imprisonment.

Robbery + kidnapping is not less then 10 years. If death happens, it can be punishable by death.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
The website has it wrong.

The actual phrasing;

Robbery + kidnapping is not less then 10 years. If death happens, it can be punishable by death.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Fireguy

Forum Crew Member
Gloria Sanchez, Otty's aunt, said her niece had been "in and out of a psychiatric ward." Where was child protective services on this one? The hospital called child services after my 3 y/o nephew fell off the bed and hit his head. Yet the delivering hospital lets the baby go home with a mentally unstable person. Im glad they are doing thier jobs.:rolleyes:

Pudge40

Forum Lieutenant
Never did I say she doesn't deserve punishment. Death penalty? No. Life imprisonment? Yes.

So you would rather have her live on your tax money for years until she dies, rather than have her killed in 5 and save the taxpayers thousands of dollars? Exactly! Plus one for the death penalty side!

Sasha

Forum Chief
So you would rather have her live on your tax money for years until she dies, rather than have her killed in 5 and save the taxpayers thousands of dollars? Exactly! Plus one for the death penalty side!

Refer back to the post someone posted where the death penalty is actually more expensive than life in prison.

Sure, let her live. I pay the exact same taxes regardless if she lives or dies, we aren't prorated for how many people are in prisons.

Since everyone has such a poor opinon of the mentally ill, you could think of her as doing a public service. Two schizo parents, schizophrenia can be genetic. She saved the public from having to deal with another possible schizophrenic who may have ended up and jail eating up YOUR tax dollars. Perhaps she did it in a much more brutal way, but it is essentially the same thing you all would like to do with her.

I don't believe there was freedom of choice in her actions. She is mentally ill, mentally ill are not rational.

Sasha

Forum Chief

JesseM515

Forum Crew Member
Gloria Sanchez, Otty's aunt, said her niece had been "in and out of a psychiatric ward." Where was child protective services on this one? The hospital called child services after my 3 y/o nephew fell off the bed and hit his head. Yet the delivering hospital lets the baby go home with a mentally unstable person. Im glad they are doing thier jobs.:rolleyes:

This is a very valid statement. This whole story gives me the creeps and it is very sad that there are people like this in the world. She obviously has SEVERE mental illness and I cant imagine being the police officers that arrived on scene to see something like that.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Refer back to the post someone posted where the death penalty is actually more expensive than life in prison

Only because we don't do it they way it should be: quick, cheap and brutal. You can burn her at the stake for what? $300 tops?

Perhaps she did it in a much more brutal way, but it is essentially the same thing you all would like to do with her.

No, it's not. We want her dead because she committed a crime that any culture would perceive as at the absolute pinnacle of evil. She wanted to kill the baby for no good reason at all. Those are totally separate issues. Murder is murder, judicial punishment is judicial punishment.

I don't believe there was freedom of choice in her actions.

I don't believe she did either, but then again I also don't care. We execute dogs that have no choice in whether to attack (because of prior training by people or because they attacked someone who was taunting them or hurting them), why should a mentally unbalanced human be treated any differently? Note: the answer does not involve "because she's a human being!". She lost what little separated her from the animals when she ate her child, regardless of the reasons she did it.