Woman kills 3 week old baby, eats it

Cory

Forum Captain
I would much rather see this b$%^& rott in a small cell for the rest of her life. All of you gung-ho death penalty people seem to forget how bad jail really is. Especially menatl ward prisons.

She doesn't deserve the easy way out. She needs to rott away.

Ummmmm... correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the article said she cut her torso and slit her throat. Is she even still alive???

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Yeah, prison is bad, but you feeding, clothing, and sheltering a horrible human for the rest of their lives. Whether or not it's more expensive is really a moot point. Fact is, you providing for them to live for the rest of their lives. They will die in the prison eventually, why put it off?

WannaBeFlight

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah, prison is bad, but you feeding, clothing, and sheltering a horrible human for the rest of their lives. Whether or not it's more expensive is really a moot point. Fact is, you providing for them to live for the rest of their lives. They will die in the prison eventually, why put it off?

And alot of jails have tv's in the prisoners cells, computers, candy canteens and all of the other items we enjoy as free people. Even Mental Hospitals and wards have all of the benefits of home. There truly is no help with her diagnosis, it never gets better, it just progresses and worsens over time and this is way more than just post partum depression.

OP
OP
Hockey

Hockey

Quackers
What good is Life Imprisonment going to do? She will not recieve medications that will help Psychosis with fixed illusions and auditory hallucinations. There is no drug out there that can fix those. I work on a Psych ward, and we see that all of the time.

Oh yeah, and one more worthless person to live off of my hard earned money. Yay Taxes and Jails!(sarcasm) <_<

Jails can be good for "minor to medium" offenses. For murder that is cold blooded, no good can be from keeping them locked up.

Again, hopefully she'll find some sheets

OP
OP
Hockey

Hockey

Quackers
I would much rather see this b$%^& rott in a small cell for the rest of her life. All of you gung-ho death penalty people seem to forget how bad jail really is. Especially menatl ward prisons.

She doesn't deserve the easy way out. She needs to rott away.

Ummmmm... correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the article said she cut her torso and slit her throat. Is she even still alive???

Have you been in a jail? I've spent some time in a jail and prison and let me tell ya, its not as bad as one makes it out to be. Sure its not as nice as the outside...

I surely wouldn't want to be in jail or prison though.

Cory

Forum Captain

Not for all inmates. They don't give them to people who are totaly mentally unstable. You think you know how prisons go, but you seem to forget prison guards are the ones who are in control of that struff. They could beat her 24/7 and no one would make a satement. Again, prisons aren't as nice as you think. Especially the kind she is going to.

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
Okay Hockey, that was TMI..lol!

This thread has gone the gamut. Prolly time to let the justice system play out IMHO.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Not for all inmates. They don't give them to people who are totaly mentally unstable. You think you know how prisons go, but you seem to forget prison guards are the ones who are in control of that struff. They could beat her 24/7 and no one would make a satement. Again, prisons aren't as nice as you think. Especially the kind she is going to.

I've been to Huntsville and Gatesville prisons for my criminal justice classes (frggin long drive from DFW). I know how they are. I also tend to think I know more about how prisons are then someone who thinks jails and prisons are synonymous.

So you're advocating prison guards to beat the lady when she gets there? And I'm the one that thinks prisons are too nice?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cory

Forum Captain
Have you been in a jail? I've spent some time in a jail and prison and let me tell ya, its not as bad as one makes it out to be. Sure its not as nice as the outside...

I surely wouldn't want to be in jail or prison though.

On what charges. I'm guessing not for eating your son. And I'm guessing you weren't in a mental ward.

Cory

Forum Captain
I've been to Huntsville and Gatesville prisons for my criminal justice classes (frggin long drive from DFW). I know how they are. I also tend to think I know more about how prisons are then someone who thinks jails and prisons are synonymous.

So you're advocating prison guards to beat the lady when she gets there? And I'm the one that thinks prisons are too nice?

??? No I am not advocating it. I'm saying it will most likely happen.

Linuss, for some reason you seem to strike me as a religious man, am I right?

DawnParr

Forum Crew Member
It said in the article that she was refusing to take her medicine... if she took the medicine in the first place, this could have most likely been prevented. If it were me, i would rather be sain over breast feeding my baby. Just buy the formula and all would be good. I honestly hope she gets death because this baby didn't even get a shot of living a life, so why should she. I'm not all Gun Ho Pro Death penalty but something so small and so precious didn't get a chance to be anything. so sad. :wacko:

Cory

Forum Captain
If we give this woman the death penalty just because we are outraged that she killed a baby, then why wouldn't we give the death penalty to every woman who has an abortion? (NOT SAYING WE SHOULD!!!)

You see, it is one thing to be an angry mob and demand cruel justice, it is another thing to be playing with politics and law. The court can't just choose to do something one time, and not the next. Trust me, no matter how outraged the politicians and lawyers and judges are, they care more about their jobs and reputations.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
If we give this woman the death penalty just because we are outraged that she killed a baby, then why wouldn't we give the death penalty to every woman who has an abortion? (NOT SAYING WE SHOULD!!!)

I guess you miss the fact that MANY people are trying to make abortions illegal, correct? But as of now, they are legal.

And there is a difference between a pre-birth abortion, and killing a baby after it's delivered.

The court can't just choose to do something one time, and not the next.
Sure they can! It's called "taking special circumstances into account"

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
If this was a known psych and she was refusing to take her meds, justice would be in sterilizing her as a prevention but nooooooo....... by law, we can't do that either! She has the right to stay sick, not help herself and the right to get pregnant. I can't wait until the long acting injections are finally approved. It is possible that some of this crazy stuff can be prevented.

Sasha

Forum Chief
People are not put to death based on how useful they are. News flash. You will pay the same amount of taxes either wat.

What good is Life Imprisonment going to do? She will not recieve medications that will help Psychosis with fixed illusions and auditory hallucinations. There is no drug out there that can fix those. I work on a Psych ward, and we see that all of the time.

Oh yeah, and one more worthless person to live off of my hard earned money. Yay Taxes and Jails!(sarcasm) <_<

Sasha

Forum Chief
This woman had is mentally ill and can't be held accountable for her actions

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
Sasha,

The one thing she may well be accountable for, is her decision to refuse meds in the first place. The decision led to the gruesome murder of a newborn child. Should documented evidence reveal that the mom was a productive, capable individual as long as she took proper medication, then a mental defense can only taker her so far. Justice has to play out in this situation. We are not a society that resorts to capital punishment first so don't worry.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
A brain tumor, again, is not a mental illness.

Google "Charles Whitman" and then rethink your assessment that brain tumors (in the right place) and mental illness are not the same issue. Lots of defendants have tried (some successfully) to get out of paying fully for their crimes by arguing "mental disease or defect" secondary to head injury, toxic exposures as a child, brain tumors, seizure disorders.

So says you....a LOT of people disagree with that approach but unfortunately the ACLU and the bleeding heart organizations make it nearly impossible to get the legislation passed to bar such thing touted as excuses from being used to prevent proper punishment. It's an explanation for why they did it, not an excuse. It's not any more an excusing factor than saying "That kid was wearing the wrong colors when he walked through my 'hood, so a little voice in my head (the result of gang indoctrination) said I should pop a cap in his *** and I did.".

Shishkabob

Forum Chief

Sure she can. As I have said before, any and every person who chooses to partake in a violent crime is NOT normal in the head. That doesn't excuse them, so why does it her?