Who else is working this Christmas???

Operations Guy

Supreme Overlord
Why is the dispatch number showing on my phone as it rings...

Operations Guy

Supreme Overlord
They left a message about something that could of waited. Just because dispatch is getting complaints about IFT response times from hospitals doesn't mean I can magically fix it at 0300.

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
On the Engine til Tuesday AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
They left a message about something that could of waited. Just because dispatch is getting complaints about IFT response times from hospitals doesn't mean I can magically fix it at 0300.
honestly, they were probably telling you because they were trained to. not only that, but they know you can't do anything about it (short of giving permission to give transports to another company), but it's probably because previous managers were unhappy that received complaints from the contracted facilities without any warning from their dispatcher prior.

From personal experience, the only time I am bugging a managers on their day off is if someone gets hurt or crashes, or I need to do something that deviates from the norm that is time critical, and want to let them know about it before they get complaints about it from someone else. But then again, my management empowered us to make decisions, trusted us to make the right decision in their absence, and my managers and supervisors hired me to do a job, and if I couldn't be trusted to do the job without running everything by a higher up, than I had no business being in that position.

And I am loving not only being off all weekend, but getting paid to stay home monday and tuesday due to the company being closed. Although I think I might pick up half a shift on monday night at the part time job after I drop mom off at the airport....

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Of course, this new guy is working Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone.

Never2Old

Forum Crew Member
Got lucky ... started at 1800 on the 24th and was off at 0700 and home with the family for Christmas morning.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Took vacation from 12/22 to 1/4. So I am back in Massachusetts for the first time in 18 months, relaxing at home. Fly back NYE, party in Denver, and then ski three days before going back to work. This is gonna work out fine.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So.....now that the day after Christmas is over (Boxing Day, right?) and we've survived the tidal wave of calls from people who didn't want to call on or just before Christmas (which is literally what one seizure patient told us yesterday when we asked why she didn't call earlier since she'd been having Breakthrough Seizures on and off for the last few days.....but I digress), who's working New Years Eve and/or Day? I have a vague feeling there won't be any sleep to be had at my station lol

I'm working on New Year's Eve day from 05:00-17:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So.....now that the day after Christmas is over (Boxing Day, right?) and we've survived the tidal wave of calls from people who didn't want to call on or just before Christmas (which is literally what one seizure patient told us yesterday when we asked why she didn't call earlier since she'd been having Breakthrough Seizures on and off for the last few days.....but I digress), who's working New Years Eve and/or Day? I have a vague feeling there won't be any sleep to be had at my station lol
NYE 0730 to NYD 0730

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
The island is gonna be a zoo.
Last year wasn't too bad, but I also wasn't lead on the truck I am now... I was about a month into the service at that point lol

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT