Who else is working this Christmas???

Chef

Forum Crew Member
I came on at 1900 and hope to be out by 1000. Same schedule tomorrow night.

I'm fortunate to be off for Christmas for the first time in three years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
Mandatory hold over I see in your future....

What a ridiculous schedule. Best thing our Chief did when he was new, implemented policy that said if you get a late call, when you clear the hospital, you're out of service unless closest to a cardiac arrest, an ongoing MCI/state of emergency or specifically instructed to stay in service by a Superintendent or higher (which essentially never happens). We all hate shift overrun, but at least we don't get hit back to back.

Good luck to everyone pulling the short straw this Christmas! Thankfully school means I'm on vacation (though my Platoon is off this year regardless) for the next two weeks!

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Part time for the win. I didn't pick up Christmas this year because I leave for a hunting trip the day after (still haven't packed). Worked Thanksgiving this year and Christmas Eve last year.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm working tonight Christmas Eve (getting off Christmas Morning at 0700) and back again for another 24hr shift (0700-0700) Monday after Christmas, then another Thursday, and again on New Years Eve Saturday.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I am on a 36, I get off tomorrow morning at 0730

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
off christmas, working LE on new years though :(.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
On a 24 today. Off tomorrow at 0800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I'm on NYE too

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
usually every year I am either all on, or all of. usually its On thanksgiving christmas and New years, then off all 3 next year. This is weird tho.

Operations Guy

Supreme Overlord
I luck out cause I can technically work from home. I have a refined process that people think I'm in the office but actually at home. My office phone number I routed to the nifty cell phone they gave me. I can't tell you how many times people think I'm at work but actually at home. I honestly get more done at home then in the office. Issue is the damn SUV has GPS....

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I'm on a 36 but doesn't like we are going to be flyable for most of it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Working Christmas Eve only. It has been horrible. Super busy, overcrowding in the EDs, all of the frequent flyers are calling.

OP
OP
Chef

Chef

Forum Crew Member
We are technically down 2 trucks currently. I'm just anticipating the am hold over.

I don't mind working but I do hate covering for the laziness of other individuals.

Operations Guy

Supreme Overlord
We are technically down 2 trucks currently. I'm just anticipating the am hold over.

I don't mind working but I do hate covering for the laziness of other individuals.

Yeah there are some issues and it's hopefully gonna be resolved within the next few weeks. I don't know what the number was but they are looking to hire medics for Arlington.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I'm working the hospital Christmas.