Where would you relocate?

armywifeemt

Forum Lieutenant
I'm in a bit of a unique position right now... My s/o and I are both considering moving to a different state. He is a medic, I am a basic. We are both currently in a position to move without a whole lot of hassle. We are both in private EMS in cincinnati, for two different companies... we're trying to figure out where the best place to go would be. We're looking for better pay, better benefits, and preferably a 911 service. We both have experience on the road, we both have pristine driving records... He has his NR, I'll be able to get mine back with a little bit of effort.. I had to let it lapse due to circumstances beyond my control, but I am within the window to get it back without taking the class again.. Neither of us has ever been in trouble with the state over our certifications.

I'm personally hoping to find a place where they have medic/basic crews, and opportunity for continuing ed. I just despise running BLS only and I want to go on to get my medic soonish. Anyone have any ideas for us?

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm in a bit of a unique position right now... My s/o and I are both considering moving to a different state. He is a medic, I am a basic. We are both currently in a position to move without a whole lot of hassle. We are both in private EMS in cincinnati, for two different companies... we're trying to figure out where the best place to go would be. We're looking for better pay, better benefits, and preferably a 911 service. We both have experience on the road, we both have pristine driving records... He has his NR, I'll be able to get mine back with a little bit of effort.. I had to let it lapse due to circumstances beyond my control, but I am within the window to get it back without taking the class again.. Neither of us has ever been in trouble with the state over our certifications.

I'm personally hoping to find a place where they have medic/basic crews, and opportunity for continuing ed. I just despise running BLS only and I want to go on to get my medic soonish. Anyone have any ideas for us?

If you want a broad scope with room to practice fully, North Carolina is a great place to look. If you want good pay/benefits...you probably won't find that here (I guess that depends, we have a lower cost of living). I'd imagine a medic/basic dual income would be around 70-80/yr (this takes into account built-in OT), plus benefits.

Moving to EMT-P is cheap in NC if you're affiliated with a department, likely running you less than $1,000 thru the community college system.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Texas and New Mexico.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
What do you want in the way of climate, politics, entertainment, cost of living, EMSAs, etc.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
if you can get in, Seattle

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Texas from a pure EMS perspective. Other places for intangibles bu t Texas ain't bad.

Sasha

Forum Chief
My heart is in South Carolina. I'd relocate there.

firecoins

IFT Puppet

Anjel

Forum Angel
My chest would be an awesome place to work.

And North Carolina and Texas

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I have been thinking alot about working in the state of shock. It is the easiest state to get both certified and compensated in.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Dallas, OR, or Sebastopol, CA

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Why sbastopol?

sperry

Forum Ride Along
Dallas, OR, or Sebastopol, CA

I am a Santa Rosa, CA native and why you would pick Sebastopol interests me. I just left CA at the end of 2010 and would never have been able to start in EMS without the opportunity to volunteer at a rescue squad here in VA.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
In order:

UK, Ireland, Germany, Malta, France, Austalia, New Zealand.