Where do you keep your Medical tape??

okeefe

Forum Ride Along
Where do you keep your medical tape on the job? I used to always keep it hanging on my scope but the roll of tape often falls off when i grab my scope quickly to take lung sounds. Just recently got a thing which attaches my tape roll to my scope and i must say....it's pretty darn cool! I got it at LINKED REMOVED and used the coupon code CODE REMOVED off. I think the code is still active so you can save yourself a few bucks!! I got the red one but all the colors look pretty nice. Anyone have a better place to keep your tape readily available?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
In the truck.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Jump bag. Trauma bag. Cabinet in the rig.

Sent from a small, handheld electronic device that somehow manages to consume vast amounts of my time. Also know as a smart phone.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Jump bag. Trauma bag. Cabinet in the rig.

Sent from a small, handheld electronic device that somehow manages to consume vast amounts of my time. Also know as a smart phone.

Exactly these same places and everywhere else you can put anything for my main job. For my second job it goes in one of my pockets.

ArcticKat

Forum Captain
Where do you keep your medical tape on the job? I used to always keep it hanging on my scope but the roll of tape often falls off when i grab my scope quickly to take lung sounds. Just recently got a thing which attaches my tape roll to my scope and i must say....it's pretty darn cool! I got it at --- and used the coupon code --- off. I think the code is still active so you can save yourself a few bucks!! I got the red one but all the colors look pretty nice. Anyone have a better place to keep your tape readily available?

Advertising?

Last edited by a moderator:

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
1) I went to the site, and looked at the product you are advertising for. Quite honestly, it looks stupid

2) I typically keep a roll of 2 inch tape in my pocket.

3) in the event that I do want to keep some tape on my scope (which has been known to happen), I just pull the bell off my scope, and slide the tape onto the neck of the scope, replacing the bell when I am finished. much cheaper and easier than the product you are advertising for.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
What's the need in having tape on your person? We have a roll on the counter in the truck, a roll in the bag and extra in the cabinet. I don't get why people want it on their stethoscope or on a pocket. Then again I also like to travel light and hardly have anything in my pockets and only a phone on my belt.

---
- Sent from my electronic overbearing life controller

Sasha

Forum Chief
What's the need in having tape on your person? We have a roll on the counter in the truck, a roll in the bag and extra in the cabinet. I don't get why people want it on their stethoscope or on a pocket. Then again I also like to travel light and hardly have anything in my pockets and only a phone on my belt.

---
- Sent from my electronic overbearing life controller

Looks cool.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
One thing that really has helped me lately is keeping a roll of transpore tape on the oxygen regulator on the bench side of the box. We very rarely need that regulator, but I find myself reaching for that roll of tape all the time.

I don't keep tape on my person. We have 2 inch tape in the bag, in the c-collar bag, in the truck. It's easy enough to find it when I need it.

Leafmealone

Forum Probie
Looped onto one of the shear securing straps on the pants.

I do this, Makes it easier if you only have one free hand and need some tape, just pull the leading edge and it rotates along the loop, allowing you to basically use it as a scotch tape dispenser.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
What's medical tape? :huh: :p

I just keep it in the bag. I considered putting it on my pants but that's probably never gonna happen. Hell, I'm not even a huge fan of EMT pants so the less things in my pockets the better!

Medic8

Forum Ride Along
I use a medical tape holder. Picked mine up on eBay for 1.99, but there's a lot of websites that have them. Just do a google search.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I have this new product

Whackertape Earrings.
Watch for it.

Seriously, stop hanging stuff on your person. Tape is for booboos and IV's and a few other things, anything you need to secure bleeding STAT will take a bandage.
Stick a couple battle dressings and a cravat in your pockets.

NSEMS

Forum Probie
To each their own but i would much rather carry the least amount I have to on my person.

clibb

Forum Captain
In the truck and in red bag. All I have on me is flashlight, trauma sheers, radio, ID tag, kevlar, and pens. Why would I need to carry tape around? That's like someone carrying flushes or 18/20 gages around :p

Lozenger19

Forum Crew Member
I keep a role of transpore tape attached to the belt loops on my trousers using a carribeana from climbing

Sorry for the bad spelling (i'm dyslexic)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frdude1000

Forum Captain
It depends on what kind of EMS I am doing.

For standby EMS events outdoors with the potential for injuries, I will keep the tape clipped onto my EMT pants or occasionally like the nurses do on their scope.

For ambulance EMS, I usually do not carry tape on me. But we have it in all of our bags, in the cabinets, and on both oxygen regulators on both sides inside the unit.