What's your hobbies

imurphy

Forum Captain
We know that being in EMS take up a lot of time. But what do you do with your time off? I'm sure we have a diverse set of talents that we use on other projects.

As most of you probably know, in my off time I'm a photographer (and a damn good one!) which I've enjoyed doing for years.

Apart from that, but sometimes links in, I go hiking, camping and generally enjoy being outside.

So what about you?

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
I knit, in the rig. :p

Dobo

Forum Lieutenant
Sleeping and eating are two great past times of mine, other than that I am a huge Hockey nut and love to exercise and in the summer Cycle and rollerblade

NJN

The Young One
I build things. Mostly houses but i still do some finer carpentry occasionally. I also enjoy playing devil's advocate during debates, and being a catalyst to big arguments.

Epi-do

I see dead people
I enjoy taking pics and playing with various photo editing software. I also sew, and enjoy spending time with my family.

RailFan77

Forum Crew Member
I have a few hobbies (when I actually have the time). I enjoy photography...usually of scenery or railroads / trains (hence my s/n). I also enjoy getting up to either Bear Mountain (NY) or Ramapo Reservation (NJ) for some day hiking.

And I cannot forget hitting the roulette wheel in AC when I have a chance to get down there.

buscommando

Forum Probie
Computer and motorcycle repair, writing, and just generally goofing around on the internet.

I'm into taking stuff apart and then putting it back together. (Then riding it to work, if I can!)

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
i cause trouble on internet forums

mikie

Forum Lurker
I wouldn't call it a 'hobby' but comusming enough...SCHOOL

other than that...
-Outdoors (mountain biking, climbing, camping, pretty much everything (minus fishing or hunting))
-Computers/Electronics (like candy & toys to me!)
-Napping.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I administer high velocity lead therapy to compressed wood pulp products.

The rest of my spare time I spend working on computers.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I waste time on this forum, read, make hemp jewelry, sew, watch House, TNA Wrestling, UFC, Super Nanny and wifeswap, sleep, and browse the holiday section of stores endlessly trying to remember what I had originally set out to buy.

gillysaurus

Forum Lieutenant
^ I can completely sympathize with aimless shopping, Sasha. My best friend and I go on "adventures" to Wal-Mart, not shopping trips. Shopping trips are for grocery stores. Hours of fun and amusement are for Wal-Mart! (Yes, we live in a terribly boring town!)

I dance. Ballet, jazz, and tap dance. If this whole doctor thing doesn't work out, I want to open my own studio and teach little kids.

Also... I study. All the time.

Oh, and I'm writing a book! I wouldn't consider myself a writer, though. Mostly someone who thinks up incredibly boring things to consume myself when I don't feel like studying!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hal9000

Forum Captain
Aviation, hiking where other people aren't, fishing, playing computer games, rafting, making food, photography, eating food, tubing, saving food.

Sasha

Forum Chief
If this whole doctor thing doesn't work out, I want to open my own studio and teach little kids.

You're going to be a totally awesome doctor! Maybe you can be a doctor monday thru friday and teach your patients and/or children how to dance on the weekend! :p Bwahaha. The Dancing Doctor!

And there is nothing better than a midnight Wal-mart run when you aren't able to sleep! It's a land of wonder and awe!

emtlady76877

Forum Crew Member
I enjoy making jewlery and cake decorating. I also like to go fishing; however since i started to school it seems like all i do is study and work. What is free time?

emt83

Forum Probie
I am an Amateur Operator, I am a HAM. Radios it is a great hobby, and learning experience. Learn how to make, fix radios and build antennas.

wxduff

Forum Crew Member
I like auto-racing (the real kind, where cars turn both left and right, for example the American Le mans series, or Indy), Fly Fishing, Landscape Photography, Snowmobiling, and Meteorology.

Here my favorites from my last photo series:
n866065095_5028009_3424.jpg

n866065095_5028012_4618.jpg

n866065095_5028013_5011.jpg

apagea99

Forum Lieutenant
EMT school is about all I think about these days.

Other than that, I do like to play the PS2 or XBox from time to time. I build model airplanes on occasion. I also like playing strategy/RPG type games on the laptop or the old pen & paper games. I enjoy running, biking, camping, fishing, canoeing, lifting weights, hiking in the mountains, and other active type stuff too. Oh....and cooking is another favorite.....my wife loves it when I cook ^_^