What's your hobbies

RailFan77

Forum Crew Member
I like auto-racing (the real kind, where cars turn both left and right, for example the American Le mans series, or Indy), Fly Fishing, Landscape Photography, Snowmobiling, and Meteorology.

Here my favorites from my last photo series:
n866065095_5028009_3424.jpg

n866065095_5028012_4618.jpg

n866065095_5028013_5011.jpg

Those are really nice photos. :)

Mongoose

Forum Probie
I administer high velocity lead therapy to compressed wood pulp products.

The rest of my spare time I spend working on computers.

Glad to find a kindred spirit here.

For me: Speed shooting, long distance rifle, varmint hunting, NSCA (National Sporting Clays Association), Trap, Skeet, and just heading off to an abandoned quarry or canyon for a day of plinking.

Beretta AL390
Beretta AL391 ported
Kreighoff OU
Colt 1911 Gold Commander
AR-15A2 18" Match Barrel
Remington 700
Grendell 6.5 Upper Receiver
Smith & Wesson .460

And drinking beer when NOT engaged in the above.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I also do photography. I'm a compulsive gardener. I have many animals and I live in the wilderness so I do like to pile the doggers in the car and head up into the woods. If my husband is also off, we'll go flyfish the local rivers, or hit the beach with a shovel for clams if the tide's right, or set out the crab pots.

I also have a large network of self motivated, well funded, intelligent, bossy cow type friends that manage to keep me in trouble with road trips(I'm going to eastern WA to look at a trailer I might want to buy..come with me!") Trail rides(We're taking out the horses, you comin'?"), home improvement projects ("hey.. I'm rebuilding the fence in my back 40.. wanna come help? I know its raining and cold.. but I'm bringing a flask") or just general mayhem.

OP
OP
imurphy

imurphy

Forum Captain
I'm not alone!! There ARE more photographers out there!

Feel free to IM me with your site or flickrs. Love to see your work!

Ian

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I do software development occasionanly.... And I used to race BMX.

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm absolutely in love with being outdoors and living somewhere that we actually get all 4 seasons (even though summer is 3 months). I hunt anything that tastes good on the grill. For the two weeks each year that there is game in season for hunting I also enjoy fishing. I generally try to take a week long backpacking trip each summer just to get out and get away from people, it's just depressing after that week when you get in the car and have 25 new voicemails.

Other (lesser) hobbies include playing guitar, playing bass (the instrument not the fish), and playing flight simulator since it's the only time I'll ever get to fly the helicopters.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm with Dobo, sleeping and eating are my favorite hobbies (although you couldn't tell from the look of me...) Also, I like to play guitar, hang out with the lady friend, and go shoot things... Shooting inanimate objects helps to vent sometimes... :p

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
I like to play softball, ride dirt bikes, shoot the Glock every once in a while, work out, and in the winter go snowboarding. I love to be outside doing things but on my lazy days I like to watch TV and play wii. I seem to be having a lot of lazy days as of late.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I knit, in the rig. :p

1. I will die happy if someone knits something, anything for me.
2. I really want to take up knitting. Mainly because I have CDO (it's like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be) and I spaz out at work when it's slow and I have nothing to do.

I enjoy writing. I'd be in journalism if I wasn't in healthcare. I enjoy taking advantage of the Rocky Mountains - hiking, rappelling (haven't tried climbing), camping, etc. Recently took up swimming laps, but nothing beats river and lake swimming.

Is volunteer search and rescue a hobby?

I also end up in random escapades thanks to my friends... like ice-blocking (riding giant pieces of ice down hills), and lawn-flocking (placing hundreds of flamingo objects on someone's lawn while they sleep).

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Oh, I almost forgot, like others, I shoot. Currently trying to save for a Sig .40 P226 :)

Hal9000

Forum Captain
1. I will die happy if someone knits something, anything for me.
2. I really want to take up knitting. Mainly because I have CDO (it's like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be) and I spaz out at work when it's slow and I have nothing to do.

Oh my god, I wonder if you're like my girlfriend. She and this other lady on my service ALWAYS have knitting with them. I caught her knitting while we were watching the opening night of Quantum of Solace.

On the other hand, she donates a lot to cancer kids and I get some awesome hats to keep me warm.

EDIT: And add in Sapphyre to that. Just the thought of it is punishment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Yup, I rarely go anywhere without knitting, Hal. I've got a pair of socks in my car, and a scarf in my backpack, which is on the floor next to me.
/me waves at all those lurking who suddenly realized they know who I am.

Hal9000

Forum Captain
Yup, I rarely go anywhere without knitting, Hal. I've got a pair of socks in my car, and a scarf in my backpack, which is on the floor next to me.
/me waves at all those lurking who suddenly realized they know who I am.

Well, although it isn't for me, I can see the attraction. It's be nice to have something that I've created rather than, I dunno, eaten or watched. :p

tydek07

Forum Captain
EMTlife of course ;)

I like to work on models, tinker with automobiles, hang around outside, and just relax.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I collect molds spores and fungus...no that's not right!

Reading, pets, EMTLIFE, CERT LA, BLOGIT, and I am a sort of jackleg amateur weatherman. Going to revive my local C.E.R.T. affiliation now that they a e re-emphasizing it. Also taking classes for my retirementy job (teaching first aid, CPR and AED at the local sheriff's academy).
I don't count my marriage as a hobby, it is my life.

Last edited by a moderator:

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
Guitar, bass, piano, drums, harmonica, slide guitar, mandelin, fiddle, banjo, mountain dulcimer, sax, clarinet, flute, song writing, online gaming, and skydiving.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Gazing at the stars at night, walking on the beach as much as I can, Love to sing, swing dance,( ball room dance when I can find a "willing" victum! :p) and cook for my friends and family!! That is me! ^_^

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
.... fiddle, banjo....

Show me the way :mellow: I envy you.

I've always had a strange desire to learn either the fiddle or banjo, probably because I love bluegrass, but unfortunately I don't have any musical aptitude whatsoever.