What's the story with your screen name?

So people, this thread is about our screen names and the stories behind them. My own screen name's origin is quite funny actually, not really glorious though.

A long time ago, when Addrobo87 was a wee lad, he was having trouble picking a screen name. He tried for hours and hours thinking of something cool and hip to impress the ladies on the chatrooms (lol not really). So then, after alot of time spent thinking to no avail, he looked around his room and the first two things that he saw make up Addrobo87....... a pair of adidas shoes and Robocop on Dvd. Also, being born in 1987 capped it all off.

What's the story with yours?

Anjel

Forum Angel
Um yea... My name is Anjelica.

I go by Anjel. With a J. And I was born October 30th.

Not very exciting.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Back in 2001 when I was a high school senior and first getting involved in fire and EMS, I also began being active in online forums.

My FDs initials were SHFD and my id number was 739. Hence the username was born

I've been using it for 11 years pretty much on every forum I've belonged to.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I played Dragon's Lair video game the first time and I needed a handle, so it was Mycrofft. A former site participant who prefers not to be named guessed the literary derivation almost at once.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I played Dragon's Lair video game the first time and I needed a handle, so it was Mycrofft. A former site participant who prefers not to be named guessed the literary derivation almost at once.

Former? I doubt it. Some of us that guessed it are still around.

OP
OP
Amberlamps916
Very nice, my dad still has his copy of Dragon's lair....along with police quest. Not sure about ET on Atari though.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Very nice, my dad still has his copy of Dragon's lair....along with police quest. Not sure about ET on Atari though.

ET was one effed up game. You just kept getting stuck, not knowing what to do next. This was way before the internet where you could cheat by searching for a walkthrough of the game.

OP
OP
Amberlamps916
I have heard the horror stories. Is it true that there are tons of copies buried in some landfill in New Mexico?

OP
OP
Amberlamps916
Right on Tim, I had some trouble trying to figure out your name;)

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
NYC 911 units are numbered by battalion, and the name tels you if it's ALS or BLS. Units that are higher in the alphabet are BLS, such as Adam, Boy, Charlie, Eddie, George, Larry, and the end of the alphabet are ALS, such as Sam, Union, X-Ray, Victor, Young, Zebra.

46Young was the 911 ALS unit I worked on a regular basis. We sat at National and Roosevelt Ave in Corona, Queens. 46 Eddie was my old BLS unit, which sat at Queens Blvd and 63rd Drive. I had a lot of good times on both units. EMS has been much more boring and much less challenging since I've left the NYC 911 system. I feel that I've gained most of my useful experience working there for five years than I have sinc I've left. So, my EMS identity is most appropriately assosciated with my time on 46Young. Iwas out of the system for maybe a year and seven months when I joined the forum, where I had been through the Charleston County EMS debacle which was a total waste of time and opportunity cost, and was running mostly mundane BLS or V.O.M.I.T. calls at this job, so I long for doing some real city ALS. I wouldn't want to do it full time, but I wouldn't mind driving up once a month to do a couple of tours if I had an in somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Kids are Amanda, Bethany, Christina, Daniel and Elizabeth.

I picked abckidsmom when there were only 3. I wish sometimes for a non-mom username but oh well.

OP
OP
Amberlamps916
Awesome guys, I feel that this is an excellent way to get to know each other's backgrounds just a little. Keep 'em coming!

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
My First name + my favorite number 7 = Chris07

Hardly anything special :p

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I was in the fire department (fire) + my lack of spelling skillz (fite) :rofl:

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Right on Tim, I had some trouble trying to figure out your name;)

Kids are Amanda, Bethany, Christina, Daniel and Elizabeth.

I picked abckidsmom when there were only 3. I wish sometimes for a non-mom username but oh well.

I hope your husband likes girls!

No one will ever decyfer my name...

Veneficus

Forum Chief
I hope your husband likes girls!

No one will ever decyfer my name...

You are a New York medic with the numbers I used the first time I ever hit the lottery?

But for the OP, Veneficus is the Latin word for "wizard."

When I first started posting on EMS forums people would go crazy when I would suggest that following protocols was not always the best answer.

So it is in reference to "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" from The Wizard of Oz.

OP
OP
Amberlamps916
You are a New York medic with the numbers I used the first time I ever hit the lottery?

But for the OP, Veneficus is the Latin word for "wizard."

When I first started posting on EMS forums people would go crazy when I would suggest that following protocols was not always the best answer.

So it is in reference to "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" from The Wizard of Oz.

You know Veneficus, I was always curious about your screen name. It all makes sense now.

Epi-do

I see dead people
One of our dogs is named Epi. Eventually, we started calling her Epi-do - like Scooby Doo. I couldn't think of anything I really wanted to use, so I stole the dog's name.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Had this nickname since I was 2 years old.